Hooves, Wings, and Rocketships 102 members · 39 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Any recomendations for good scifi fanfics? Aside from FOE and Arrow 18, already read and love those. :)

OOOOOH... inb4 the onslaught:
Eclipse, featured on EqD, and my favourite MLP sci-fic ever written (and fav fic ever, period). (Human colony ship arrives in Equestria)
Nuclear Tears, about humanity's last survivors. (Second favourite fic ever)
And I suppose you could read the Friendship is Optimal arc, if you're into AIs and that stuff.

I would not recommend Project Acension, just preemptively in case someone else tries to, because it mercilessly butchers accepted scientific paradigms in favour of something... grotesque.

Well, there's mine? It's basically military sci fi, in the Honor Harrington style. Admiral Twilight Sparkle, Duchess Green Ridge, commanding the Sixth Fleet of the Equestrian Space Navy from flagship TMS Harmony.
(Yeah, shameless self plug go)
There's also a fic set in the Command and Conquer universe, Tiberian Eclipse. That's rather good.

Joining the self promotion bandwagon, there is this little story:

The End

Semi-hard science fiction whereby the plot and the reader are subject to the non-intuitive consequences of FTL combined with a Many Worlds / Lazy Universe interpretation (no grandfather paradox).

It also contains loads of bawdy humour, Twilight breaking things for science, philosophy, romance, mystery, and bees. Hope you enjoy.

:D
I got a mention!

Anyhoof, even though you say you've read Arro1 18, try re-reading it. It seems to have infinite reread value.

Okay, I am now thoroughly shamed by this sheer quality. Hell yes, 608059, go read it. Now. Or I will find you, and I—or my railgun, rather—will end you for not reading this. :pinkiecrazy:
That it does. Seconded (not that either of these need second-ings, but whatever. Deal with it).

what do you like best about it so far?

Sweet, got my reading for the weekend now. Thanks for the recomendations. :)

608079 Eclipse is already on EqD. :twilightsmile:

What? And wherever did I say that it wasn't? and i totally didn't just edit that post...

Under Free Flag about hyperspace-traveling space traders is fun so far

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11