Twilestia is Bestia 3,268 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 121 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 121
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Hello all! I hope your holidays were wonderful and you've been enjoying the err, well, uh, you live in places not named Ottawa so your weather has been better than mine. Anyway. It's that time of the year again, and that means another chance for you to be featured in the lovely Contest Winners box, and another chance to claim the coveted Featured Box. As always, here are the ground rules:

The premise:

This one will have a nice fun and lighthearted theme, considering we could all use a pick-me-up around this time of year. The theme of this contest is Teasing, and can be Twilight or Celestia teasing one or the other. Keep it playful and not mean, people! We're about the loving bond between the two. I was sorely disappointed by the lack of kissy faces and lovey dovey scenes in the last contest! I demand fluffiness, dang it!

Limitations:

There are no limits on Tags, Content or Rating (Even though grimdark isn't something I'd personally want to see). There is a lower limit of 1000 words for this contest. Enough to write a coherent thought, but nothing restricting a very simple oneshot. Be aware that posting a small story makes it less likely to win, having said this. I suggest it be in the 4000-15000 word range, per chapter.

Entering a story:

Entries can be made by posting a comment in this thread with a link back to your story. Note that stories must be posted on Fimfiction in order for them to be accepted.

Winnings:

The winner will get their story featured in the contest winner box, and a link to the "Contest Winners" box. Second and third place will have a mention on the group page for the winning month alongside the winner.

The Judges:

The judges will be chosen from people volunteering in this thread on a first come first serve basis.

The judges are:
-Brista
-Arlax96
-Pearple Prose

Deadline:

This contest is a little bit late, and because some of us don't get Spring Break, we'll be having the submission deadline be Friday, March 7th.

Good luck everybrony!

Bri

I'll volunteer to judge!

Since I don't really have the time right now to write a fic, I could certainly volunteer as a judge. I'd love to read all the wonderful fics that are going to come out of this. :twilightblush:

Argh, just my luck to have the next context during the WDS. Well, let's see how it works out.

Urgh. Don't like this prompt. I'll judge though.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2794094 But it's cute and fun! What's not to like?

Ain't much you can really do with it. 'Sides, I suck at comedy. :derpytongue2:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2794196 There's plenty you can do with it. Besides, nobrony said they had to be comedies. The only conditions are that they need to have Twilight and Celestia in a loving bond and one of them has to tease the other.

2794215 I have to admit, "I suck at comedy" was pretty much my first thought as well. I guess teasing is something that lends itself to comedy a bit easier. But then again, it is all about the challenge, no?

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2794238 Yep. I used to suck at comedy, too. But then I stopped worrying about writing jokes that I thought would make others laugh and started focusing on stuff that made me laugh. I've gotten good reception on my comedy ever since.

2794460 That's pretty much exactly what I do. Most everything I write is riddled with my sense of humor, and I've found that as long as I can make a prereader/editor laugh I'm due for a great reader response.

Just my luck that something tempting like this would pop up when I'm already up to my neck in projects. No promises, but I'm gonna let this stew in my head for a bit and see if something promising comes out.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2795636 I think you could work the Apprentice Ship sequel into this concept.

2796553 The thought had crossed my mind. I'll have to talk with my editor tomorrow after work about doing that.

Of course I don't go on my computer all day today :twilightsheepish: don't suppose you have room for one more judge?:heart:

Either way, sounds like an area of their relationship that hasn't been explored as much (or at least with what I have read), so I'll being reading them regardless.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2797512 Not unless you can browbeat one of them into writing for it, sorry. :twilightblush:

This is just proof you should always be watching us for ever and ever. :twilightsmile:

2798316 Not quite saturday, but inspiration struck here on my break at work. Count me in this.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2798486 Excellent. Now we just need to get Brunner to add his and we'll have a real competition on our hooves.

Well, now that folks like Hyzaku have joined, I ain't got a chance! But I'll soldier onwards regardless towards the cliffs of failure! Wish me luck as I go over the top.

2798536 Bury us, why dontcha' :derpytongue2:

SHL

Cheers up for the participants :pinkiehappy:

Please fill your mind at this point with Bulky Biceps

YEAH! GONNA WRITE SOME SWEET, TOUCHY FEEL AND LIGHT HEARTED PONY WORDS, YEAH!!

This concludes this public service announcement.

Where do we submit a completed entry? Haplessly just leaves this lying around, where anyone could click it:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/167257/correspondence

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2814202 Submissions go here, so this is perfectly fine.

Yeah, yeah, got your message. Given that the deadline is a month away, I suppose I could drag my mangy carcass to the keyboard long enough to finish this thing.

2799701 2798486
I know, right? At least mine's got a tiny little shoutout to Apprentice Ship.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2819210 2798486 In truth, I partially chose the topic so I could watch you two duke it out, and partially simply for the sake of it being an amusing subject. :twilightblush:

2814202 has given you some great competition, that said.

2819210 2820756 Well hot damn! Good competition and a rare chance to square off against one of my favorite authors in the group. I was interested before, but now I'm stoked. I'm putting everything else on hold this month for this.

And then can we stuff you back in the Bird Feeder box? We'll poke air holes, we promise.

2824284 I've got that and my MarshmallowCoco fic to get back to once my contest entry is done.

Oh fanfiction writing contests. If I win, I get absolutely nothing, but if I lose, I genuinely feel bad about myself. Well, time to chain myself to my laptop and gather the urination jars......

....Or to crawl into the corner and lie there in the fetal position whilst madly gibbering to myself.

Either way, it's gonna be a fun few weeks, that's for damn sure.:trollestia:

Ugh, fluffy. Fluffy is so hard.
Teasing is hard, ugh I wanna enter but this, this is just beyond my area. I has no idea evens.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2826441 Why? Losing is no shame. It means you have people who can teach you more about storytelling. Seriously. None of the people in this group are unpleasant, and especially not when asked for advice. Don't beat yourself up for not being an amazing natural on your first try shipping these two. Like I keep telling Abyss, Twilestia is about having fun. It's about two magical talking horses who love each other more than anything else in the world finally acknowledging their subtext. What about that is scary?

2827016 THE COMMITMENT IS TERRIFYING. THEY ARE COMMITTING FOR ETERNITY, ETERNITY

That was.....supposed to be a joke.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2829091 Sarcasm on the internet is always a dicey proposition.

2828967 We love you too.

2829905 back demon contractor back, Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro already own my soul jointly

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2830019 Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast.

2830092 well ain't that just dandy, I sold my soul to the same guys. I basically gave them double rights to my soul

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2830632 Guess who owns Hasbro?

2830788 I'll live, it's not like I sold my original soul anyway

Yeah, I've been burned by that horrible monster before......with scalding-hot pokers.....right in the face. I WAS BEAUTIFUL ONCE, DAMNIT! *sobs uncontrollably*

2833991 It is comforting to see that a thread can go in a weird direction even without my involvement. :pinkiecrazy:

Hey, it's not just my fault! I may be weird, but in a way we're all weird.

2834411 Well, yes, of course. It is just, I was well on my way to the "Thread Derailment Proficiency I"-badge, and this feels like a missed opportunity. That should have been ME making everyone scratch their heads.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2834411 Also, we are roughly three weeks away from the deadline, everyone!

Ah, but alas I may and/or may not need to drop out, as......stress from.......things is happening right now.

My apologies to the world that I may and/or may not deprive it of more Twilestia goodness.:pinkiesad2:

One of the main reasons for my stress (on top of other things) is I write very slowly then I start to agonize of how slowly I'm writing which in turn starts to play on my anxiety over the fact that I write so slowly which causes me to avoid writing period no matter how slowly which in turns causes my anxiety over writing slowly to rise because I'm avoiding writing because it goes so slowly and then-! *flops over, gasping for breath*

.....See? Anxiety. But I'll try my darndest to squeeze something out by the deadline.

Key words: may and/or may not.:rainbowwild:

This is probably a given, but it needs to be a completed story, yes?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 121