The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,449 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Evening.

As I'm sure many of you have read on Equestria Daily, Michael Monrones, an eleven year old boy from North Carolina, recently attempted to take his own life due to being bullied about being a brony. Reading the comments on the EqD blog, I see a lot of hatred and vitriol coming from us toward the people who hurt him. While understandable, I wanted—in some way—to show that our community is capable of greater good and generosity even if we don't have the money to make a donation to his medical expenses.

For that reason (and I hope the admins don't mind me using this group, I didn't know where else to go) I would like to propose this: The Michael Monrones Project. I would like to, with the help of any author that wants to join in, compile a book of short fics written for Michael and his family by us and then send it to them in the mail. All I ask of any author that wants to participate is to write a story for Michael, note that it is dedicated to him and his family, then send me a PM so I can add it into the book.

As authors we often tell our stories to people for entertainment. Michael has brain damage now, and it's important to understand that he may never get to read these. But I would like to try and do this for him anyways. I hope the people in this group want to join in.

Thank you all. Although I don't even know the boy, the generosity of this community inspires me and I hope it can continue throughout the existence of this fandom.

Edit for clarification: there is no prompt. If you contribute, please write a short story and send it to me by Friday, February 14th.

Meeester

If you submit stories about this, no matter the situation they will not be approved unless there is a substantial amount of FiM.

Just an fyi.

Of course. The one story of mine was the only one I planned to post. The idea of this isn't to write stories about him, it is to write stories for him. I hope there was no confusion in that.

2712051 Having a book of fics sounds pretty vague. Are you saying write a story for the book or can we submit a story that we have already written? I guess to get a better idea--it would be nice to have a topic to go with. Kind of like how the group sets up contests. I think it your idea is headed in the right direction, but I would like more info before I start working on something.

I was saying write a new short story on whatever topic you think him or his family would like to read. I didn't have a topic in mind. I assume that if anyone wants to contribute, they will figure out how to express what they want to say, and I want to let anyone do that without them feeling like a prompt is binding them.

I know this is vague and a little bit lacking of info. The "book" I was planning to just take a collection of short stories written by authors on this site and print them in a hardcover book (I know a place in the city that will do that if I ask them to) then send it to Michael's family. That's all I know right now.

If you still want to contribute, thank you so much. If you don't after this clarification, I also understand.

2712200 okay, that's all I wanted to know--thanks for clarifying:twilightsmile:
I will definitely think about it :raritywink: and contribute if my creativity kicks something out into a story.

This is a terrible idea.

I have a question. Is there a word limit/requirement?

2712516 No, it's not. I think it's a touching gesture to help comfort Michael and his family. God bless him, his family and the person trying to organize this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10