The Writers' Group 9,303 members · 56,564 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I've got this scene planned for the later half of Maud's section of SWWC where her stoic pride shatters and she pleads with the full names of her sisters while trapped in a void. However, I realized I don't know all their full names.

For Pinkie Pie, we know her full name is Pinkiemania Diane Pie. (Edit update, we also have a canon name for Maud). However, we have nothing on Marble and Limestone. Any ideas that would fit the theming conventions already shown with Pinkie? Diane is Greek, Daisy is a type of flower, both start with the letter D, so maybe some Greek or Flower names. Go ahead and toss some ideas down below and maybe even expand on their parent's true names. Igneous Rock Pie and Cloudy Quartz.

https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Maud_Pie - the wiki should have all of them from the show/merchandise.

Doctor Maud Pie, full name Maudileena[note 1] Daisy Pie

Just check, we have no full names for Marble of Limestone. So back where we started.

For one of my stories I gave Limestone the full name "Limecena Doris Pie". I've considered Marble having the full name "Marblena Donna Pie", but I never put that in a story so I may end up changing it.

"We had this whole fancy name in place for our foal. Then we ended up with twins and Maud got the good name and we had to come up with Limestone on the fly. Then we tried the same thing again, and ended up with twins again with the same problem. Yes, Limestone and Marble were literally the first rocks we spotted laying around and that's how they got their names. Who has twins twice?!"

Huh, so I'm not the only one who thinks Limestone is Maud's twin like Marble is Pinkie's twin.

Huh, I always thought that Limestone, Pinkie and Marble were triplets.

Nah, the only one Pinkie out right state is her twin Marble. "She was born three seconds after me." The rest is unclear. For all we know they could all be quadruplets since we have no idea how much older Maud is to Pinkie Pie and she stated Marble as her younger sister instead of twin despite saying the 'three second' line right after. The way I've always seen it, Maud/Lime then Pinkie/Marble

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Even worse, marble is metamorphosed limestone, so they named two of their kids after different forms of the same rock...

--Sweetie Belle

... Yeah, it was always been clear that Maud and Pinkie are the parents' favorite children.

Could explain why Limestone is so angry and Marble lacks confidence around others...they were the unplanned extras and feel like they are treated that way. They love their sisters and family, but one can't help feeling bitter and the other like her words don't matter.

Got to feel sorry for Marble. Limestone at least seems like she might inherit the farm since Maud likely is uninterested in it. Marble doesn't have that prospect, and with her lack of social skills she's seriously impaired from getting a successful career elsewhere.

Limestone at least seems like she might inherit the farm since Maud likely is uninterested in it.

That's how I set things up. In SWWC's backstories, Igneous returns to his military life after stabilizing the Farm, and gets trapped behind Canterlot's barrier. Limestone took over and inadvertently scared her sisters away with her rage. This leaves her alone to witness her mother's murder and push completely over the deep end. Thus during her sections, she is feverishly searching for Pinkie Pie, and in the modern sections, she's 'seemingly' working for the villains.

Marble shows up alongside Maud in their section, the first part of that will be going up on Friday. She's basically Maud's crutch throughout their section, unable to do anything but be a burden and this hurts her dearly.

Okay, I frankly shocked this thread didn't get much attention given the love these sisters have from the fandom. I just wanted to have some fun exploring what their full names could be. Either way, first part of Maud/Marble Pie's section of SWWC just dropped today so here is what I've settled on for all the Pie Names. This includes possible spoilers for SWWC's later seasons. I won't reveal everything too major here. But this is what led me to these choices.

Igneous Rock Dysmas Pie: Dysmas is a word used by both Greek and Christian, which works perfectly with his Amish style. It's another Greek word for Sunset so I'm giving him a former military background as the first liaison for Luna's Batpony Corp to better connect him with Jack Nox, Flash Sentry, and Canterlot. Basically, when Flash and Limestone meet in her section of SWWC next month, it will be like 'students under the same master' type of deal.

Cloudy Cirus Quartz: Cirus is not just another way to spell Sirius, but is also a type of cloud. Sirius being another way to say Ceres of Greek Mythology.

Maudileena Daisy Pie: Canon Name. Though I think why this was chosen because Daisies are often given during Greek funerals. Given Maud's obvious goth status, the name works. For my story sake, I will be expand on her being completely monotone about all the death around her until she finally crashes under the weight of it.

Limestone Delphia Pie: Delphine or often referred to as Larkspur, is the purple flower representing blood and revenge... I'm not joking. Makes sense for the one with an extreme temper. Context-wise, this works perfectly since her secret role in SWWC is a blood warpath to avenge her mother's murder. As such through each chapter of her section, the first part of that coming out next month, she actively fights each of the Anti-Six in brutal battles before being recruited by Flash to play double agent in the evil King's armies.

Marbelline Dorothea Pie: Dorothea means God's Gift. Since the fandom ships her the hardest, one could say this mare was a gift from the writers, given to the crazed shipper. She's even one of the few characters to get a canon blush moment. Plus, Dorothea is often a martyr in fiction... may give me some ideas in later sections of my book. No, I'm not planning to kill her for shock value, calm down.

Pinkmania Diane Pie: Canon name. The name means Divine Origin. It makes sense to have Pinkie Pie as a divine symbol given her completely stark color palette compared to the rest of her entire clan. However, in my story, her whereabouts are unknown to her family. Their father vanished behind the walls of Canterlot in search of her. Later Limestone witnessed their mother's murder and burned down the farm. And Muad/Marble section is about restoring the family, through also finding Pinkie Pie. In a sense, Pinkie Pie is the spark of this family's fall, and finding her is the only thing left to save it. Little do any of them know, out of all the main six, she is the one I straight up tell the audience where she really is. So the hope is very much in finding her, not discovering her fate.

The will of D must continue!

Lmao love it. I would change Marbles to Marbelline. Seems to fit a little better.

Sure, that was my original choice, but I felt it sounded too similar to Maudileena. Until I find more roles to use Marble's full names in, we'll stick with your choice. Really, out of all the sisters, she is the one I'm having the hardest time finding a role for. As I said, her chosen name is that of a martyr, not just a gift. But since her mother is the figure who dies in the family, I can't have her die too as that might seem cold-hearted.

Drop any roles you think Maud would be good for when you get the chance. While this thread was designed to talk about their names I would mind expanding it into what kind of stories work best for each sister. Before you ask, Big Mac in SWWC is currently in Yakyakistan, so shipping angles would be rather hard without a lot of sidetracking.

I had no idea any of them were nicknames. I just thought it was their actual names. Then again, Zipp's full name is Zephyrina, but she doesn't like being called by that name even though only Haven seems to call her by that name.

If you pay attention there are all kinds of hints for ponies like Rainbow Dash, Applejack and even Fluttershy having hidden full names. My assumption is roughly within the generation of the main six, possibly stopped before Apple Bloom's generation, children might have been renamed as soon as they got their cutie mark. Just look at Pinkie Pie, Pinkmania Diane Pie sounds like a very depressing name and before she got her mark, she was a very depressing mare.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17