The Writers' Group 9,303 members · 56,564 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
TalB #1 · 3 weeks ago · · ·

Although G5 is meant to be a continuation of G4, it would have been interesting to know what it would have been like if all generations of MLP were related to each other rather than being separate series.

Curiously, one of the Tell your Tale shorts actually alludes to this. In Mysterious New Room, stained glass windows depicting incidents from G1, G2, and G3 can be seen, suggesting some sort of pony multiverse.

There’s mention of Gusty the great in Flurry of emotions and Grogar in the final season, also Lord Tirek at the end of season 4 and season 9

I think it’s fun to think of and make little stories on how each one is connected. I remember seeing a timeline that wasn’t meant to be taken seriously (iirc) but still creative

Even if the town is visibly different to Maretine Bay. I feel MLP: Tales does fit in G5’s timeline too, but decades earlier. Thanks to the mostly earth pony cast. Even if no sign of distrust and fear was shown towards the other races.

Sweetie Belle: So in one universe... I was born from two rainbows!! How does that make sense?

I'm assuming this is a reference to The Runaway Rainbow? It's been ages since I last watched any G3.

The context. Two rainbows touch and Sweetie Belle descends their combined light like an angel. Someone needs to write a fanfic about this context and how the G4 Sweetie Belle feels about this.

"My parents fucked."
-Sweetie Belle

Rarity, nine months before Sweetie Belle was born: Mom, Dad, why are you two painting your bodies in rainbow ink?

TalB #11 · 3 weeks ago · · ·

Just because they happen to reuse certain names doesn't mean that it's the same one that existed originally. There is a good chance that Gusty, Scorpan, and even Tirek isn't the same ones that existed in G1, though many keep forgetting that his name is spelled as Tirac back in that pilot episode. Something tells me that if Megan was to be placed in later generations along with Danny and Molly, we would have most likely gotten a rebooted version. Should the generations have been related, there is a good chance that both Celestia and Luna would have known Megan when they were fillies at least in my fanfic known as Royal Origins, and they would still be proud to see her again even if they had to wait thousands of years for that.

Maybe the ponies did know something about the Williams siblings.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12