The Writers' Group 9,330 members · 56,822 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

So, as we all now know, the catalyst for the Season Nine opener will be Celestia and Luna announcing their retirement.

Now, before anyone goes into a panic about them leaving or how Twilight shouldn't become ruler of Equestria or anything, let me just say this.

I don't think they're serious.

I mean, c'mon, look at Celestia's face when she says it. She looks way too happy to be stepping down from the position she and Luna held for 1,000+ years.

Also, they quite obviously show up to help fight against–and actually defeat, from the looks of it–Sombra. So we're looking at a Deus Ex Machina moment, at least.

Finally, Celestia and Luna raise the Sun and the Moon. I don't think they'd retire from a job that is of global importance.

So, yeah. Nobody panic; Celestia and Luna probably aren't going anywhere.

Probably.

The only reason I could see it being legit is if Hasbro's memo to the writing staff was "OK, this is the last season, so make every episode an emotional gut punch for the Brony community."

I hope that's the case, but right now this is just speculation. We'll see what happens.

Raising the Sun and Moon doesn't require them to rule Equestria, those jobs are independent.

Not be be negative, but if this is not a joke it is really stupid

And my theory that Twilight would eventually take Celestia's place and my theory/bold prediction of Starlight being an Alicorn and taking Luna's place gets some ammo, if this is true. WAY too soon to start bragging "I bucking called it!!" but still.

But since the Season 4 finale showed that Celestia and Luna can pass on their magic to Twilight, letting her be able to raise the sun/moon, this would allow them to retire if they really wanted or needed to. I'm assuming that they could do it to Starlight too, though she might not be HAVE to be an alicorn for them to do it.

Eh, good point. But I still have trouble imagining that they'd step down just like that.

I’m really hoping they don’t go the route of Twilight taking over as ruler of Equestria. She’s been given the chosen one treatment enough already imo.

My theory is that in the season finale, Twilight will reject Celestia's offer to rule Equestria and that she will choose own destiny, not her former mentor.

I want Twilight to renounce princesshood and go back to being a librarian.

It's a little late for that, bud.
:trollestia:

It'd be a nice series ending. Started off as a Unicorn, ends as a Unicorn-perhaps a heroic sacrifice to defeat Sombra.

At this point, Twilight embraced being the Princess of Friendship way too much and is part of who she is now. So I don't see a real way for her to go back to being an Unicorn, without it being like they hit the reset button on her character...not a good way to end the series.

Now that I think of it, that could make an interesting discussion. Is there a way to make Twilight a Unicorn again WITHOUT it being like they hit the reset button on her?

If it happened, she can't just go back to the way she was from the start, but is there a good way to keep her the way she is, but just have her be a Unicorn again?

Or, sacrifice her Alicorn powers and Become...An Earth Pony!

CUE G5 THEME...Wait no nvm theres another movie about mlp FiM

I call bologna. This announcement is meant to tie the season opener into an advertisement for their Princess Twilight Canterlot Castle Playset, or whatever.

"Hello, welcome to Stall-Mart. No, this just isn't doing it. Luna, we're staging a coup."

I honestly thought that Celestia was pulling off a classic 'gotcha' prank

I believe that Celestia is only saying that as an excuse for a long over due needed vacation. She's been ruling for 1000+.

To which Celestia will respond with something along the lines of, "Twilight...that's exactly what I'd hoped you'd say."

Oh now that I gotta see.

Georg #23 · Mar 9th, 2019 · · 1 ·

6788008 "Twilight! Look, it's going to be decades before Flurry Heart is ready to step into our shoes, and... well..." Celestia bit her bottom lip and looked away with a mumble.

"Excuse me?" Twilight Sparkle nosed a little closer to her mentor, then stopped when she saw the corner of a brochure sticking out from under her wing. A little magic freed the advertisement, and Twilight read it with widening eyes. "Princess Celestia! No!!"

"Actually..." Celestia blushed as she plucked the paper out of Twilight's slackening grip. "Look. That's only part of what Luna and I are scheduled to do over the next few weeks. I'll see if the Mister Universe contest in Cobbleo san Lucho will invite you to be a judge next year. Besides--" Celestia lowered her voice and looked around "--they're going to have a wet-wings contest for the participants. Three hundred hunky pegasi with damp primaries. Just think of it. After all, it's been a thousand years for me." Celestia bared her teeth. "And you wouldn't want to get in my way, would you?"

Twilight swallowed, but kept her chin up. "I'll look after things for Spring Break, but I want you back on the throne the week after. And... um..." It was her turn to lower her voice and look around for observers. "Bring back one of those stallions for me, please?"

I'm actually curious about one thing though

In season 8, we had episodes focused on some of the Pillars, namely Starswirl and Rockhoof. Will we get similar episodes for the rest of the Pillars and hopefully Stygian?

In season 8, we had episodes focused on some of the Pillars, namely Starswirl and Rockhoof. Will we get similar episodes for the rest of the Pillars and hopefully Stygian?

I'm hoping for episodes focused on my 3 Favorite Pillars: Mage Meadowbrook, Somnambula, and Mistmane <3 :heart:

Well, one could easily still imagine a unicorn Headmare Twilight - the School is honestly a bend back towards her original self, even if it was a bit out there for the others. And unless Equestria becomes a republic. she's still going to be a Princess wings or no wings.

(I still don't see them doing it - it sends the wrong message, after they linked her ascension with graduation and finding your place in the world - but it's workable at least.)

HapHazred
Group Admin

6787908 Regarding your other thread, it's been deleted. Hawthornbunny asked you to deal with spoilers in the OP (which appears in the feed), but you were offline.

In future please use spoiler-blocks in the OP. As a favour to me as well, maybe try using shorter, uncapped titles but just putting [ Spoiler] in front. Saves the poor phone users from having massive titles clog up their feed.

OK. Got it. Thanks for the heads up.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30