The Writers' Group 9,316 members · 56,705 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, here we are again!

So, this time, the episode coming up is "Molt Down", and it's by Josh Haber, who we all know.

With a name like "Molt Down", the first thing I tend to think of is molting feathers. This seems like a good spot for some Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash time, maybe with Scootaloo dealing with molting, being taught how to preen, and so on. Maybe even with her being able to fly when the feathers come back thicker then before. Or maybe Spike turns into an alicorn. Who knows?

Anyways, this'll be the official discussion thread for the episode, and I'll be interested to see this one!

--Sweetie Belle

I know what happens in this one, because my spoiler-avoiding skills/determination weren't good enough. As such, I'm saying nothing. :P

Well, I for one thought this was a decent episode. Not quite the best, but definitely lightyears ahead of "Non-Compete Clause". Seeing another new mythical creature–specifically shown attempting to prey upon the characters–was really neat. I like how the writers are trying to reinforce that the Everfree is a death zone for ponies. Also, more Zecora. Yay! I didn't really understand how being close to a phoenix can cause you hearing problems, but I suppose there were bigger things that could've gone wrong with this episode.

Strangely, my biggest concern was how Spike's wings would look. I initially thought they were going to jut out like a sore thumb, but they actually fold up rather nicely.

All in all, a pretty good episode. 7.8/10

Well, I don't think I need to say anything but I will anyway, THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME! We got more info on how Dragon Anatomy works, decent characterization for Spike, and of course, the little guy FINALLY got his wings!

All in all, I'll give it a 9.5 out of 10!

I wholeheartedly agree. This is a great episode through and through, and a much needed reward for Spike.

MY BOY GOT HIS WINGS!!!

Everyone agrees: The best part of the Episode was Spike getting Wings! :D

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9