The Writers' Group 9,309 members · 56,632 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

So I was in my kitchen, scrounging for food when I clocked my head on my freezer door. Not unlike Doc Brown who came up with a genius idea while cracking his own skull against a toilet, I came up with this.

1.) Go to your MLP image folder. Should you not have one, then random google image search of favorite pone, perhaps?

2.) Use a random number generator to figure out which picture you'll be using.

3.) Write a one-shot based off of the selected image. You can even use it for your story should you choose, unless it's raunchy. Then, not so much.

4.) Publish the story

5.) ?????????

6.) Profit

Hopefully I explained this well enough. Also, I know I'm going to be doing this because it sounds like a fun little idea. Maybe this will shake some cobwebs for some of you out there as well who might be stuck on a fic or searching for an idea!

I'm going to try this now.

1250541 Oh God. I'm scared to do this, for fear of what I might have to pick as my picture. :pinkiesad2:

I did this and you know what happened?
One of the few non-pony images I have thrown in that folder that I haven't gone through and filtered out yet came up ... the image was of a movie poster for the 1973 film, "The Exorcist." :trollestia:
I genuinely don't remember why I saved it but I did and here we are.

Do you know what that means?

It means I get to write "The Exorcism of Pinkie Pie"
this will be interesting ...

Heh. Hehheh. Heh. I think I'm going to have fun with this one.

Yeah, I pulled that too. Now I'd have to figure out how to work Dwheels into Equestria.

Let's see. Princess Celestia. Search. My number, from 1 to 100, is...23. Celestia is shocked, shocked, I say. What could put that expression on her face? I dunno, but I intend to find out.

I'm already 400 words in. This is happening :pinkiecrazy:

Sounds like my Blind story challenge. XD

1250650 I did it and somehow I came up with a picture of Twilight as a cat. XD I'm now making a Warrior's/ MLP crossover :rainbowlaugh:

Me thinks 1250541 may have been onto something here ...

1250649 I saw that picture and my first thought was; Discord's marrying Luna!

Haha! I did something right!

1250541 But... what if you get an R34?

Well, if you get R34 and you don't write clop then...reroll?

I only have a TwiDash folder.
By pure luck, got the most legendary TwiDash pic of all time.

514 words, this is gonna be good.

I did this with songs.

And I got the first chapter of my story "Melomancy"

It's fun to write based off of random shit that you put together then randomly select.

So basically any sitcom? No thanks. Let's roll again...

Damn it, fine. I'll connect these two pictures.

Why do I see this as Trixie and Lyra being in an Odd Couple type of situation?

1251568 How do I apply a random number generator to my folder? :unsuresweetie:

Easy peasy, you just check how many images you have in your folder and then go to a number generator such as this one and plug the numbers in. After that, hit generate and bam.

The Trixie face is from a comic where she summons a Derpy demon. So maybe?

I would have never thought to do it without you. So thanks :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30