The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,449 stories
Comments ( 278 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 278

Hey there! Have you ever had some MLP related opinion that you thought would get you lynched by an angry mob if you ever stated it publicly? Well now you can post that opinion in (relative) safety with the "Unpopular Opinion Thread!"

Here are the rules:
-Post any opinion or thought of yours that many people would consider different or "unpopular" (Ex. "My Little Dashie is one of the worst fics ever written and has no emotional value whatsoever". )

-Post only brony related opinions (religious and political flame wars are no fun.)

-You may not reply to someone's comment telling them their opinion is wrong, stupid or otherwise invalid. (The whole point of the thread is to provide a place for these opinions to be expressed without having to argue about them.)
[Feel free to upvote and downvote though]

-All post should be genuine opinions and not just for the sake of trolling.

Now then, with that out of the way....

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

SUB ATOMIC SHITSTORM INBOUND! EVERYBODY DOWN!

Rarity knows nothing about generosity. Though she may be the element of generosity, everypony else knows more than she does.

F4D3 #4 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 2 ·

Rainbow Dash isn't a lesbian.

Nyx is an actually well-crafted character!

All these damn bad clops and crossovers littering the site annoy me to the point of murder.

F4D3 #7 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 2 ·

Fallout Equestria is an atrocious mess that spawned WAY too many spin offs.

Lauran Faust's original vision for the show no longer applies.

Celestia is wise and benevolent ruler who exemplifies good government and authority. She is neither manipulative nor tyrannical, but simply draws upon centuries of experience to know exactly how to bring out the best in other ponies of their own free will. She is not useless, but simply knows when NOT to intervene so ponies may learn best on their own.

Distrance
Group Contributor

If you could read a clop fan-fiction, whilst looking at a real life picture of the author who made it, you wouldn't be so turned on anymore.

I think LyraBon and OctaScratch are overrated pairings. I ship them with canon stallions.

I dislike Female/Female shipping.

Vinyl Scratch is into stallions and not one certain unnamed grey mare that everyone pairs her to death with.

I'm the best admin of this group:pinkiecrazy:

Writing Pinkie Pie is very easy; most of her humor comes from movement and not her dialogue, or perhaps a combination of the two. Pinkie is hard to write when you have her talk too much.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

F4D3 #13 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 3 ·

Octavia is better than Vinyl Scratch.

My turn. (puts on flame retardant suit.)

Clop is a wretched, disgusting pestilence in this fandom that alienates all outsiders from the brony ideology and utterly sullies the reputation of anyone claiming to be a brony by the community so often being associated with it. It should be locked away and hidden from view or destroyed entirely.

(downvote storm incoming)

iDash #15 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 2 ·

Fluttershy / Big Mac is not a good shipping pair. I think both of them are awesome, but... just no.

I feel like a lot of people judge stories before they read them and I think all this conformity to the various types of canon, while a good thing, is stifling creativity, making people second-guess themselves and preventing ideas from flourishing.
I feel like if people just acknowledged that something can be good, even if it goes against all the canon in the world, then that would encourage people to create more and we'd see more different ideas rather than the same old stuff all the time, if we just gave an old idea with a new hook a chance once in a while.

Stories with pure OC characters do not get enough attention. Apparently if you don't have at least one of the mane 6 or a popular background character in your tags your story will be buried, no exceptions.

F4D3 #18 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 2 ·

Rarity episodes are some of the best episodes in the whole series.

Holy #19 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 5 ·

GIlda and Applejack are the best characters in the entire show.

Fallout Equestria was absolutely ruined by its horrible ending.

Look before you sleep has been the best episode yet.

All of the seasons have been extremely good, and the only bad decision that has been made is twilicorn and all the spike episodes (they are never good).

Bronies are mostly disgusting individuals who I would never associate with outside of the internet because of the over all social ineptitude, and the unhealthy obsession.

Alicorn Fics are best Fics.

"Love and tolerate" does not apply. If it did than there would be no dislikes/ trolls/ disagreements/ thing i hate about the fandom.

Personally Im opinnionated and blunt, but i understand other opinnions but i dont agree with them. I tolerate, but do not love.
At its core, "love and tolerate" was a defense mechanism and nothing more.

Alicorn Twilight was a great move (even though I doubt they'll follow through on the potential).

Project Horizons was offensive crap, and this is coming from a huge fan of FO:E who's read a fair few side stories.

I'll get the rope.

I really like more crack ships then regular ships.

i also despise Spike episodes, they suck.

I am addicted to the songs.

I really hate Celestia.

They need more Applejack episodes.

I love to help people make good OC'S and stories like that.

Twilicorn is ok.

I like to see Equestria girls.

I fucking love some gore/rape on this site, not in a weird way I just some how enjoy it.

I've read Sweet Apple massacre and Cupcakes and Cheeriles garden without puking or getting sick and loved all of it.

I don't like the idea of Twilicorn.

Brony music doesn't interest me.

I never really cared for Derpy.

I think Doctor Whooves is just a normal run of the mill clock maker called Time Turner.

Project Horizons is getting really dragged out to the point where it's no longer fun.

F4D3 #25 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 10 ·

Xbox One is actually going to be good.
(Let's see how many downvotes I can get...)

Comment posted by Speckle21 deleted Jun 8th, 2013

HEY! PONY OPINIONS ONLY!!! DIDN'T YOU READ THE RULES!!!!

I know, it was just a joke, I'll delete it if you want.

Project Horizons was offensive crap

It is a massive waste of time. If anyone sees this, please, dont read it, it's ruined.

Also I support full creative freedom on this site. Clopfics, rape, gore, foalcon, the whole nine yards. But I believe the site should be purged of overwhelmingly bad fics by authors who cant even get proper grammar right. A rule needs to be made where you have to have properly formatted and punctuated a story for it to be accepted here.

Oh, what the heck. It doesn't matter. I made this thread just to :trollestia::trollestia::trollestia: anyway
I will however be forced to downvote it

Lauren Faust's episodes (many in season 1) were full of bad moments and story points

I detest clop and shipping fics littering the site

Nyx is an abysmal character (but the story is well crafted, just not to my liking)

Twilicorn was a breath of fresh air into the show that would have stagnated otherwise

The show is the lifeblood of the fandom, whether people like to admit it or not.

Celestia and Luna are not immortal

OC stories aren't given a fair chance, better to have interesting concepts explored with newly created characters than your shipping fic where rainbow dash rapes scootaloo

The show needs more adventure themed episodes and less slice of life episodes.

create more alicorns in the show to downplay their supposed awesome power and demigod status

**** flame shield activated ****

The grimdark kinda get's old after 45 chapters.

F4D3 #33 · Jun 8th, 2013 · · 5 ·

Babs seed is the best CMC.

1084022 I've found Pinkie is easy to write if you have her fixate on something or have a running theme with her for that particular story. Like in the episode about her Pinkie Sense, I find her easier to write and can get a lot of dialogue out of her when her short attention span is focused on something. That and I had her impersonate general George S. Patton, so you might try making her impersonate other characters if you're totally stumped.

Derpy is hard working and productive member of society. Her shortcomings do not make her any less able than any other pony. She should be respected and admired, not pitied or "assisted" for "her own good".

In short, she should be asked what she wants and not presumed to need help until she asks for it.

King Sombra actually has interesting villain potential and doesn't deserve the utter lack of fandom coverage he gets

Yes, I have more. Here we go:

-Trixie needs more love
- I think Scootaloo has parents. It's just that writing about her without parents sometimes constitutes a better story.
- there will probably never be a decent OC alicorn other than Nyx (sorry, but it's true)
- The mane six are ignorant, like they live in their own fantasy world where everything is okay. Every other pony just seems more down to earth, i guess.
- Luna likes video games and is best friends with derpy, and Celestia is a troll (in the good, funny way :trollestia:)
- Octavia is not a bland or boring pony
-Pairings, shipping and otherwise: Rainbow Dash is Scootaloo's honorary sister. Spike would do better with Sweetie Belle than Rarity. Spike would fit better as Twilight's brother rather than son. Rainbow and Pinkie make a great couple (don't deny it). And Vinyl and Octavia are friends, not mare-friends.

Ugh, so long. :twilightoops:

EDIT: Sorry, but Alicorn Twilight was just ridiculous.

There are still such things as original ideas in this fandom, but they are buried under the mass of over-done writings. Ever read a Mlp:Fim fanfiction with Harpies in it? Harpies are a legitament mythical creature. Hey, want a free HiE fanfic? There you have it. Harpies. YAH GOT WINGS.

Nightmare Moon had a horrendous odor upon her return but not many authors have acknowledged it.

Luna would NOT be the gamer of the two sisters. I see her as the artsier type of the two who takes deep pride in her work and wouldn't likely waste time perfecting her trigger-hoof. Celestia on the other hand... she's had a lot to deal with.

~Cosmic

Sad fanfics are overpopulating this site. I'm not saying they're bad, in fact they're some of the best fics ever made, but there's just TOO DAMN MANY.

Celestia and Luna were not the only rulers of Equestria in my headcanon.

Celestia and Luna are ageless and powerful but are not immortals nor are they gods.

Season One is my least favorite season.

I absolutely hate The Conversion Bureau.

I hate how so many people will practically declare jihad against you if you go against "fanon norm" such as not having Vinyl's eyes be red.

The fandom's hate of HiE really pisses me off.

Nyx was an overrated crybaby bitch who got off incredibly easy in the end, ruining the story's moral.
Past sins was boring and kept repeating itself as an excuse to build character.
Luna is used as a mary sue for authors, basicly ignoring any canon to make her a badass/ clop partner.

Nightmare moon stories (no Luna) are just Luna stories with a different character. I cant tell a difference

Trollestia jokes are not that funny after a while.

1084083 I thought he was talking about the fanfic Xbox One.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie are best pair.

Clopfics are ok.

All I see is Fallout Equestria shit

Lyra/Bon Bon is only lesbian pair I like

Vinyl Scratch is a boy I am pretty damn sure he is.

Celestia genuinely cares about her ponies; instead of being a (frequently bored and irritated) baby-sitter, she's more like a better version of that annoying aunt everyone seems to have, without the cheek-pinching.

Oh. I understand Pinkie is a chatterbox, it's when authors go overboard with her speaking that it becomes annoying. Heck, they even point that out when Applejack works at the Cherry Farm. Pinkie says a lot more with her actions than with her words though and that's something many authors miss. Pinkie Pie used to be my favorite pony until I developed a fixation for Nightmare Moon, but she still retains a sturdy second place.

Isn't this about opinions though!?

Pickle barrel, kumquat!

I agree with everything you said except for season 1. In my opinion it's the best season so far.

I hate the idea of Pinkie the psycho killer. :pinkiesick:

I don't care for any stories or fan art where Spike gets laid. I don't know why; it just doesn't work for me. :twilightoops:

I'm tired of the idea of Tyrantlestia. :twilightangry2: On a related note, I'm sick of anything related to that stupid "Do you like bananas?" animation. Just because it’s random doesn’t mean it’s funny.

:scootangel: Scootaloo is not an orphan, Scootabuse is not cool, and chicken jokes were only funny for about two days after "The Stare Master" first aired.

"Truffle Shuffle" is a demeaning name, which is why I refused to use it when referring to him in one of my stories. :twistnerd: Oh, and spoiler alert: The Goonies really isn’t a very good movie.

Dubstep. Dubstep, dubstep, dubstep. Enough with the dubstep! For all you f:yay:ers know, Vinyl could be a HUGE fan of disco. That’s right, your beloved Vinyl Scratch probably blasts the BeeGees, grooves to Gloria Gaynor, and cranks KC and the Sunshine Band. She’s workin’ at the car wash. She has boogie fever. She does the Hustle.

Comment posted by Scootaloser deleted Jun 8th, 2013

Third post- sorry!

Chrysalis needs some more love, too!... You know what, while we're at it, let's just give Discord, Sombra, and Nightmare Moon a great big hug :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 278