The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,449 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I've been trying to make rhymes 'cause I have a story where Zecora is one of the characters and she have to say something important. My issue is: I have no idea how make a good rhyme.

Choose words that have similar endings. Usually words that have the last three or so letters in common make the best rhymes. For Zecora, the best thing to do is find something in common with the two subjects that she's speaking about. Such as, "I saw you walk through that door, only to collapse right on the floor."

Hope I helped.

Here, try using this site, it really helps me when I have to do rhymes. You still have to be creative to write a good rhyme, but a little help never hurts :ajsmug:

Write out the first part of her sentences then see what fits and rhymes.

916750 This helps me, more zecora from me in the future. You can have the site's supply of :moustache:

Ahh thank you, I was running low on my supply of :moustache:. You have my gratitude :eeyup:.

Those are some good ideas up there ^ Also try counting out the syllables to make the rhymes more balanced. Use simple rhyming couplets, they work well. And of course, say them out loud. If it doesn't sound right keep hammering away at it and don't worry to much if you have to push a rhyme by using a non-word, or a mispronounced word to fit the rhyme. Nobody would be perfect at it if they were rhyming all the time :twilightsheepish: I am sure even Zecora'd make a mistake once in a while.

I find thinking of the second half of the rhyme first helps.

Thanks everyone I really needed help with this rhyme stuff :twilightsmile:
Appreciate your time.

NicolasFlamel

916744 Orange = Door Hinge.

Glad I could help.

This is for your help :moustache: you derserve it

Don't forget to read it out loud to make sure it scans, too - It's a bad idea to try to pull off awkward rhythms unless you're Ogden Nash.

I do good Zecorans.

One thing to mention though-

A lot of you mentioned trying to stay in meter, but in the show, Zecora's meter is pretty irregular; while I wish she would stay in meter xD it's not exactly canon.

But, um, yeh. :derpytongue2:

Ahh well in not understanding the plot or pretense or anything...
I'll give it a stab

"Good day to you ponies but this news is of tidings ill, please be comfortable, sit and relax, the beans I am about to spill"

"Greeting on this day grand, but an omen ill spreads across the land"

"A danger lurks, you need to flee, I have dire news to share, so that maybe you too will see..."

Just some ideas. I don't really have any context other than there being big news, anyway, hoped this helped. :pinkiehappy:

Ah, this old goodie. I used it as I did my rhyme-fic. Quite good indeed.

Avoid ending phrases with these words:

angst
chaos
circle
else
fiends
film
midst
month
music
orange
purple