The Writers' Group 9,324 members · 56,758 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I have begun to notice a new change in the groups. There is now a means to list a group as NSFW so only those wanting to see such can view the group. However, this has resulted in several groups being listed as NSFW when they are anything but. You all may want to check the groups you're in or the groups you have founded or admin for to ensure only real NSFW groups are listed as such.

To group admins: I don't know if you'll allow this but I thought that this needed to be brought to attention.

Update per Meester: Group status defaults to NSFW and new site update requires mature filter off to view NSFW groups. Group founders and admins should check their groups to ensure that theirs is not defaulted and only listed NSFW if it is.

Meeester

The NSFW setting has existed for a while, but the tie-in with the Mature filter was only added today.

Any groups marked NSFW were already made so by the groups' admins long ago, and it's their decision to do so.
Default setting is NSFW.

4331374 I have five groups i found that were considered nsfw when I know down right that they are sfw

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

The only reason I can think of why that happened is because one of your group admins was messing around in the settings.:unsuresweetie:

4331458 I'm the main admin for many of them.

4331426 ignore the email. fixed it myself

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

For the groups that changed settings on you, were you the only admin, or did you promote anyone to the position? Even if you're the founder, other group admins have the ability to mess with the settings...

4331480 fixed it myself. for one group, only one other admin but I doubt he would've did it.

4331447 I'm in eight that are now NSFW and only one with a slight possibility of being such.

4331426 Just thought I'd bring this up as the groups I'm in are all SFW, barring one that can at times be borderline.. A few are anything but NSFW. Figured the admins of said groups would want to check things out with the new update requiring the mature filter to be off.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I've just found that the following groups I'm in are labeled as NSFW:
The Story Squeezer
Free Artists
The Lemon Group
Nightmare Night
The Babs Seed Fan Club

I don't actually think any of those are actually supposed to be mostly for NSFW stories, which is what the tag is for. The last one, I actually run, but it used to be Guardian and Friends, so they probably put the tag on.

I'm removing it from the Babs Seed group, an' leaving the others, I guess...

--Sweetie Belle

4331504 had to fix mine. if there's any main changes to the Robin Williams group, I'm demoting all other admins.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The Babs Seed one was probably set by Guardian and Friends, and he's permabanned. I was the secondary admin there, and became the primary, so I fixed that one myself. I think that some admins thought it was for if you had any NSFW content, rather than if it was mostly NSFW stuff...

--Sweetie Belle

4331504 Well, the silver lining is that I didn't know about the Babs Seed group, and I just joined it!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yay!

That one was made by Guardian and Friends, but he wanted help in setting things up an' running them, so he asked me to help him. So I set up something like half the group. After he was banned, I recruited more admins to replace him and took over.

Is it going to be tied into the Trending group box, too? I have mature off, and I can still see at least one nsfw group in it...

--Sweetie Belle

Meeester

My mistake. Defaults to NSFW from the start.

4331623 May want to get a site blog regarding this. See about getting people to check over their groups so groups that are SFW are listed as such. New groups especially.

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

...I should've realized that myself. The handful of groups I founded were created fairly recently, so I should have remembered that. :facehoof:

4331623 There could be a message about this change instead of 'Fluttershy is best pony'.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20