The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,447 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

Sounds like a simple question, doesn't it? Well, were it so simple, there probably wouldn't have been five threads in a row arguing which princess was best (granted, it is more than likely that the threads were made for comical purposes). Nonetheless, they made me wonder, who is the best pony? Now, most of you are probably aware that because people uphold different values in individuals and characters the different aspects of a ponies personality will vary in measure from one individual to another.

For example, my favorite character is Pinkie Pie. This is because I personally believe the secret to finding happiness in life is to give it to others, and that the purpose of the human race is to love one another--in the case of a Pinkie, and in the most common way, this is the love of a friend.

However, another person may uphold adventure or bravery or loyalty, and Rainbow Dash is their favorite pony.

Then there's always that person who likes Fluttershy the most cuz she's cute.

So who is your favorite pony--and WHY?

These "best" threads need to stop. Like as in right now, because I'm done.

Well it's too late now, isn't it!?

Would it be impolite if I asked you to shut the fuck up?

This one is actually legitament. Good show, all those other guys are on the ban train. No, seriously, I won't have it. I'm angry with them too.

they know the rules.

I'd have you to do the same, but the admins cancelled fun and also your thread.:fluttershysad:

Even killing a million Jews sarcastically is still a Holocaust.

I blame the internet.

Bad internet.

Bad.

You were part of this too, you're getting a pm about it soon.

You know the rules.

I won't deny you're a fantastic writer, but your forum etiquette frankly is horrifying. I've had my eye on you for a while. This isn't your first offense, by far.

I don't do etiquitte, I do writing.

890435 perhaps investing in etiquette wouldn't be a regretful decision....

Nah; it'd cut into my writing time. :rainbowlaugh:

Then,of course, there's the fact that when I first meet someone, my immediate subconscious thought is "I wonder what this person would look like on fire?"

Well, my rankings for best pony are kinda convoluted but bear with me.

Pinkie is my favorite pony because she is the funniest of the bunch and one of the prime reasons I watch this show for little girls in the first place is for that, fun.
But Applejack is in my opinion the best pony, since she is the most mature, flawless and morally sound of the group.
Meanwhile, Rarity is the best character to watch because of her conflicts. There's nothing pone-related better than to watch a Rarity episode.

Twilight for me. :twilightsmile: I can relate to Twilight the best. We both love to read. We're both smart. (I'm in Mensa and take Hopkins courses- I'm not in college yet.) She loves magic, and I would love to do magic. We both have leadership skills. I'm good at organizing (but definitely not cleaning!) and so is she. Our bad sides are different, though. Like I said, I am definitely like Twilight. Same reason I like Hermione the best in Harry Potter. :twilightsmile:

Hi there! I hope you're having a magnificent day. :twilightsmile:

I was actually expecting a thread like this for ages, by which I mean weeks, and I'm glad you made a thread ( I love posting on threads. xD ). And it would be nice expressing my thoughts on the Mane 6. I think ALL of them are special in some way.

Twilight Sparkles: Did you ever got to know someone who would devote every single minute towards their studies, or putting them aside, at their own wishes and demands? Such people can be good friends, too, by just given a chance, and are mostly their to be their friend's walking trust, and comfort. Facing apart from today, she's royal to her teacher, etiquette to those around her, and someone who knows an actual importance of things, and people.

Applejack; If you think about it, don't you think that she is an actual inspiration for her family, and the ones around her? She works hard, supporting the past heritage of her family, spending hours on her stall, and the farm collecting apples, and spends time at all other kinds of activities. Let it be family, or friend time, she's there, and she can be trust-able, honest, nice, and kind.

Rarity: Someone who selflessly spends her time making dresses for her friends when in need, even if most her work is on line, she'll spend A-LOT of time being true to her nature, and be generous to her friends. Lady like, smart, mannerful, and polite, she keeps her position stuck to her thoughts, and stays as a hardworking pony.

Fluttershy: Kind, nice, gentle, and like able by all.Of-course, she's good with animals, too! You can't find many being so sensible about other's feelings, or caring for each step of their fellow companions. Nay. So, in other words, she understands people like many don't, and this makes her different.

Pinkie Pie: Who can go around a town without making an earthquake of smiles in their wake? Or, who care so much about the situations that their dealing with? Taking friendship as something part of daily life, remembering everything about everyone at the same time, and not letting a friend down?

Rainbow Dash: Always loyal to her friends, staying there by their side, and helping them in anyway possible, even if it means giving up on her dream. She's there on time when they need her, can be awesome at the same time, and from today's perspective view, there are only a few people who shape themselves into such a character.

So, in short, everyone has different personalities that are equal, and something that some other might not be able to do. They are different elements, different interests, but equal. Everyone plays a part in their life, and if a single thing is missing, the recipe is incomplete.

890387, yes, I quite agree that spreading love, and kindness wherever you go is a life mission that everyone should contribute to. Even the littlest of actions matter.

Welp, that is all. Take care, be safe, and have fun till later. Ciao! ^_^x

They are all best pony because I believe in Equality lmao :pinkiecrazy:

Honestly, is this what you do all day?
No wonder all those threads went into the bit bucket.

892036 pray tell, what exactly do you believe "we" do all day? And who exactly is "we"?

892551 Every active participant in the thread war is who, and I make no exceptions.
Conduct thread wars is what. Stirring the pot to get reactions is a corollary.
As far as I'm concerned, three topics should be forever banned from the internet - as though that could ever happen:
1) Religion
2) Politics
3) Best Pony

It always seems to end as an argument, with lots of hurt feelings, wasted bandwidth and people who should have known better getting banned.

You'd think this would have gone away in thirty years, but I am something of an optimist.

892587 I see...what if I were to tell you that this is not a part of the thread war, as I am making no statement as to who is the best pony. In fact the thread specifically states, "because people uphold different values in individuals and characters the different aspects of a ponies personality will vary in measure from one individual to another." This establishes that there is no definite best pony. Instead, I am asking who is your favorite pony and why. This is totally different. I want to hear other opinions. Have you noticed that those who have actually answered the questions have expressed no animosity towards any of the presented opinions?

Besides, were this an actual part of the flame war, it would've been deleted by now. This is not to start an argument, to stir debates on different views, rather to embrace these different opinions and to see another's view at a respectable level.

892660 I stand corrected. The problem with text is sometimes you can't tell what's being said from the lack of tone. I'm still a little prickly from a few flame wars back in the days of yore (the FidoNet/BBS days), and sometimes it comes out.
Will you accept my apology? Please?:fluttershysad:

892683 of course! It was an understandable mistake. After all, this was posted during the flame war yesterday, and seeing the gif that is the first comment, I don't think you're the only one to misconstrue this as one of those "__ IS BEST PONY!" threads.

Rainbow Dash is best pone.

I think I relate to her the best because i am just as arrogant as she is, and concerned with my image. (I never said anything, and if anyone asks, I will deny it.) I also love her sense of humour and her bluntness, partly because I am like that as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27