The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,449 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I am continuing chapter three of my story, and it's going well, except for one thing.

I'm writing a spa scene with Rarity and, of course, Fluttershy in it and I have Aloe and Lotus Blossom (The Spa Ponies) in it too, but I want the reader to create the scene in his or her head, so I want to make it believable......but I forgot what kind of accent Lotus and Aloe have.

They do have one, but I forgot if it's like French or Italian or anything. Need a little help with that.

Also, if you DO know their accent, could you add some of the accent phrases in there so I'll have a better understanding?

-Thanks, Tranquility

886908 The one line sounded somewhat germanic, like Photo Finish's accent. So I'd say aim for a germanic accent.

From what I know its just been described to me as a "eastern European" accent
dont know if that helps :derpyderp1:

Well the MLP wiki says that Lotus speak with an Eastern European accent. MLP Wiki Page.

If that's any help.

TV Tropes lists it under What The Hell Is That Accent? saying it sounds somewhere between Indian and German, though is probably meant to sound eastern european

It sounds French to me, but most say it's a mixture of several, so "unidentifiable European accent" is typically appropriate.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be an Indonesian accent. I checked some examples on youtube from the accent project to hold up to the show and it's reasonably close.

Es klingt wie Deutsch.

Spas are in more than one country, though I'd say the Germane is probably supposed to be Swedish, or some Norweigian type. That's the only country/region I can think of that combines all the features.

Probably a mixed accent. Kind of like how Rarity blends traditional English with British English to create a "Mid Atlantic Accent".

I think they are a couple of Frenchies. Possibly Canadian, but more than likely not Eskimo.

887447 I second this. It does sound a little like when I speak English.
I'm a Swede

She had all of one line. I wouldn't worry overly. For all we know she learned to speak better equestrian by now. If you want to convey they come from another country, it might be more interesting to mix in a french or German word here and there.

I grew up in Quebec. Trust me, even if that's what the producers were going for, that's not a (at least central or maritime) Canadian nor Quebec-French accent.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16