The Writers' Group 9,303 members · 56,566 stories
Comments ( 340 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 340

This might sound a little complicated.

What if someone wrote an Anon-A-Miss fic where the CMC successfully drive away Sunset but the Human 5 continue to neglect them. So they use Anon-A-Miss to split up the girls even further, with either Pinkie or Fluttershy getting cut first then AJ, Rainbow and Rarity get split up as well. Around this time, Pinkie and Shy figure out that Sunset is innocent and set about trying to clear her name.

I'd do it myself but I'm still working on my first story and I don't want to break my train of thought. So if anyone is interested, they can take up this idea

Accidently posted this early so if its unfishied just wait a minute er two
Two weirdish ideas I KNOW FOR A FACT THESE HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE just not as much as I'd like.

Rainbow's Mafia aka 'TheAwesomeMafiaTM'

Rainbow gets two mares in her mafia to get Twilight Sparkle in the mafia for whatever reason.
Main Characthers: Octavia, DJ-Pon3, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash.
Rating: T-M Idk
Stuff: Romance? Dark, Violence, Idk What else.

2:

CMC Supernatural

3 Ponies meet at sugercube corner and become quick friends but two of them have secrets and it causes their families to try to break the group while Scootalo just sits around confused.

Main Characthers: Sweetie Belle (Vampire), AppleBloom (Vamp Hunter), Scootalo (Confused), Nightmare Moon, Rarity, and the rest of the apples.
Rating: Aiming for T
Things: Romance (SB x AB), Dark, and whatever else.

What do y'all think..?

Any stories about Rockhoof being a Conan the Barbarian style hero prior to joining the Pillars?

Out of curiosity, have there been any stories addressing Twilight's sort of idol-worship of Princess Celestia where Twilight believes that the princess is absolutely flawless and has never been wrong about anything?

Oh hi there, fancy seeing this again.

Wasn't sure if anyone would respond here, that's why I did it separately

HapHazred
Group Admin

6722098 Sometimes for specific stuff it can help to post in specific groups. For example, a Celestia/Twilight story might be more easily found in a Celestia group (of which there are several).

Has anyone ever written a rom-com wherein the Flim-Flam brothers try to outdo each other at courting Applejack?

Has anyone ever tried to narrate train wreck fictions on purpose?

"Talking out your rear end."

A human chaos mage launches a sigil, forgetting what it's for (because that's the whole point of a sigil). He finds himself in Equestria, and stuck headfirst in a tree.

He is now a Girafarig, and his tailhead keeps making snarky comments. No one's really sure which head they should be talking to.

This feels like it should be done already, but the story search turns up blank. Weird.

Has anyone fused two characters for a limited amount of time?

I've considered doing that, though I never got around to writing the story.

It's not a new idea, if that's what you're asking - Star Trek did it once - but it's also not very common.

A couple of concepts from an RP I might be turning into a fic (that's allowed, right?):

Daybreaker-ruled Equestria - I know evil/Nightmare Celestia's are a dime a dozen, but precisely because of that I suspect that the fandom was completely worn out on them by Season 7. Still, someone has to have tried it, right?

Apple Bloom/Twist romance. (Or do you ask about ships somewhere else?)

Daybreaker-ruled Equestria - I know evil/Nightmare Celestia's are a dime a dozen, but precisely because of that I suspect that the fandom was completely worn out on them by Season 7. Still, someone has to have tried it, right?

Probably, but I think there's kinda no point in essentially asking "has Evil Celestia been done before" since it's not in itself a story concept, it's the mere start of a premise. The story is the how and why and what do the characters do about it and what is it all really about.

There's just so many different ways you can use that to tell a number of varied stories. It might be a full-on AU where Celestia starts out evil, Luna starts out good, and the main character is Sunset Shimmer or something. Or it could be a Reflections-style story that deals with say a portal between the regular Equestria and a parallel evil one. Or it could involve time travel. Or it could be post-Royal Problem Starlight Glimmer setting up a magical simulation of Celestia going evil in a Batman-type attempt to prepare for the worst possible outcome and then it gets out of hand somehow. Etc, etc.

It's sorta like asking: "Has anyone ever written a fantasy story where the hero acquires a magic sword?" Yes, absolutely, but that alone is not especially relevant to the originality of your idea.

Apple Bloom/Twist romance. (Or do you ask about ships somewhere else?)

Huh. You know, I just checked, and it seems there is only one story tagged Romance, Apple Bloom and Twist, and that one seems to be more about AB and Spike. Also, the largest Twist group only has 15 Romance stories and from what I can tell, none of them pair her up with Apple Bloom.

So, I guess this is one of those ships that seem sorta obvious yet for some reason it never caught on.

Reminds me of when I tried to find Big Macintosh/Marble Pie shipfics only to be surprised that they're practically non-existent.

Probably, but I think there's kinda no point in essentially asking "has Evil Celestia been done before" since it's not in itself a story concept, it's the mere start of a premise. The story is the how and why and what do the characters do about it and what is it all really about.

Well it's not exactly central to the story or anything - rather I just wanted to know for curiosity's sake. (Also because my collab partner has called it the Daybreakerverse once or twice and I wanted to see if that niche had been filled.)

Huh. You know, I just checked, and it seems there is only one story tagged Romance, Apple Bloom and Twist, and that one seems to be more about AB and Spike. Also, the largest Twist group only has 15 Romance stories and from what I can tell, none of them pair her up with Apple Bloom.

So, I guess this is one of those ships that seem sorta obvious yet for some reason it never caught on.

So my planned one - a story that's more Dark than Romance - will be the first ever? Now I'm almost not so sure about it...

Well it's not exactly central to the story or anything - rather I just wanted to know for curiosity's sake. (Also because my collab partner has called it the Daybreakerverse once or twice and I wanted to see if that niche had been filled.)

You could always look through the Daybreaker group to see if there's anything similar. They only have 46 stories (42 of which are non-clop) so it shouldn't take long.

But my point is, it's what you do with it that matters.

So my planned one - a story that's more Dark than Romance - will be the first ever?

Well, not necessarily. There may be obscure stories with inaccurate tags that aren't in that particular group, or any group. Plus, lots of stories get deleted.

But yeah, let's just say that as far as that particular pairing goes, you don't seem to have much in the way of competition.

Now I'm almost not so sure about it...

Listen, it's hard for me to tell how serious you are but you may be overestimating just how much this matters. It kinda goes back to what I said before, the most important thing is the story you tell, not superficial details like the exact configuration of the ship. It's not that people have anything against Apple Bloom/Twist, and most simply like good writing. If you write a good enough story, you may even turn some readers into fans of the ship.

Trust me, I'd be a bit worried if a lot of people were rooting for the ship after our fic. It's not just called Love's Twisted Blooming for the wordplay, you know.

Right, right. But you get what I'm saying, yes?

Yeah - it's not like I care that much about being very original in the first place. (although thinking of something brand new can be fun.)

Not quite the point I was trying to make, but close enough.

Is there a "Michael Scott in Equestria" story out there?

Comment posted by Quillian Inkheart deleted May 10th, 2019

Hey guys just wanted to know if a story has been done before where Stevie Wonder comes to equestria?

Have there been a story where Twilight gives romantic advice (whether her giving advice is the story, or she's just helping someone/somepony) and both, I repeat, BOTH these conditions apply,

1: Not only is it good advice, but she's not doing or saying it in classic "adorkable" fashion we all know and love. One million bits says this condition alone makes this a rare story :rainbowlaugh:

2: It's not an AU Twilight, and the Twilight in the story is like her canon self, so it's not a story that has her OOC.

I'm in the middle of writing a story when Twilight's going to give some romantic advice and both the above conditions will apply. I'm almost wondering if It'll be the first non-AU story to use Twilight like this.

A crazy idea: What if we have Spike turn into a super soldier and become Captain Equestria (the equivilant of Captain America)? More specifically, what would happen if this took place at the Crystal War timeline? Here's a little summary for anyone who's interested:

In one of the many alternate realities created by Starlight Glimmer, the Sonic Rainboom never happened. However, this didn't change a pony's fate too much. Twilight Sparkle still managed to hatch Spike the dragon, and pass her exam. She still became Celestia's prized pupil, and took care of Spike as his own brother/friend. In this universe, Princess Celestia managed to defeat both Nightmare Moon and Discord, but instead of banishing her sister to the moon and turning the chaos king into stone once again, she imprisoned them in the Canterlot dungeons, hoping to find a way to redeem them one day. After a while, King Sombra returns to Equestria, gathering an army and wanting to conquer Equus; something he failed to do the last time he was in power. While sending soldiers to the battlefield to fight Sombra's army, Celestia seeks the help of a well-known professor. His wish is to create the perfect soldier; someone to bring good to the world by fighting evil and aiding the Princess of the sun. Together, they decide to look for possible candidates and volunteers.

Now meet Spike Drake. He's the personal assistant of Twilight Sparkle, and her (only) friend. He lives with the Sparkles, and has a close friendship with the captain of the royal guard, Shining Armor. When the war starts, he's willing to go and fight for his country, but due to his weak form, his wish is never granted. But one day, he meets a strange pony who makes an offer he can't refuse: He will go through this pony's experiement, and if it succeeds, he'll finally have a chance to go and join the Equestrian army. Little does he know, that his story will be no ordinary tale, and he becomes on of the greatest legends of Equestria: Captain Equestria.

I've seen some fanart of pony versions of Captain America, or ponified Steve Rogers, but I've never heard someone consider Spike as a counterpart. Here's my take on this. Anyone interested in making this a story?

Uhm... I was thinking of posting this in the forum. However, I’m a bit unsure. The idea is; what if MLP G5 will be called My Little Pony: Adventures? Which was an unused title for G4.

Should I post it in the forum, or should I share it here?

HapHazred
Group Admin

Might be a good idea to ask this kind of question to an active admin. This thread is pretty much just for 'has x idea for a story' been done before, not threads.

Feel free to post in the rules thread, or frankly just PM one of the active admins directly. You can see which are still active on the main page of TWG.

You don't need to this time, of course, because it so happens that I am an admin of TWG and I am also active. Evidently.

If it's about MLP, writing, or reading, even tangentially, then it's good (so long as it doesn't do anything else that's against group or site rules, which you can find in our rules thread). Unused titles for MLP serieses strikes me as fine, if a bit specific. Go for it boi, I guess.

has there been a discussion of how a filly might use magic and example of what i'm asking would be if a filly was learning con-ger-ration what would they most likely conger? trying to make a world building reference to help me write a sweetie achievement of magic style fic here. what i have so far

just keep the concept and replace them with pinkie clones oh god would that be a disaster sugar cube corner will not survive

is there any story with the obscurus concept

So many of you might know the 90s sitcom the fresh Prince of Bel Air, so now I was wondering how many of you guys, would like to or have done a crossover between my little pony and the fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Mind you that would be so damn hilarious that even Pinkie Pie’s jokes would be put to shame, it would be really interesting to hear your opinions.

Okay... so...

Pharynx sets up a new Changeling Guard, so that his people will actually have a military force again. But... well, Nu-lings are basically terrible at fighting, so he brings in Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Starlight Glimmer to act as drill instructors and whip them into shape.

Shenanigans ensue, the hive gets wrecked by flailing bodies, Queen Chrysalis shows up to try another evil scheme, which prompts the nu-lings to band together and save the day.

Done before?

Is my story (a crossover with Stellaris, although not a war fic) of an overpowered, synapsid former Space Marine (and also psionic) turned bounty hunter who travels to an anthropomorphic Equestria with his faithful inostrancevia-like 'hound' to hunt down deathclaw expies while also falling in love with Celestia along the way something no one has done before?

I think I wrote too much, but I don't meant to sound asshole-ish, I just don't know how to summarize.

Can I get some thoughts on a 'One Punch Man' crossover idea I've been keeping in my brainy brain? What would y'all think (for those who know what it is) if someone (ahem - me) were to write one?

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

The only question that matters is "Do you want to write it". If answer is yes then write it.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

You should totes write it

I'll let the story in question speak for itself.

EEmpress Dragon
Cosmos and her first Exarchs show the new girls one of the perks that comes with their new station in life
Mystic Sunrise · 17k words  ·  24  25 · 964 views

I don't honestly know if this is a one of a kind idea. Or if it's been done before. I'd love to read other stories like it if there are any.

I've kinda started, but this was more of an 'Is this a popular idea" kind of question - you know, to feel out whether I should continue.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

I have no idea, I never took into consideration "is it popular" aspect when deciding what I want to write. Never cared about trends and such. I can only make a guess.

It basically depends of how popular One Punch currently is. On one hand it is really a good show but on the other it isn't hot topic at the moment like it was when season 1 aired. You'll depend mostly from One Punch fans since crossover might not interest those that don't know One Punch. Also there isn't a big competition since there aren't that many One Punch themes stories so that's good, people will see your story every time they search for One Punch. Most results give Berry Punch related titles, but the ones that actually are One Punch related seem to be generally well received (besides trollfics).

So I assume that you will have readership, especially if it is multi-chapter story to benefit from appearing multiple times on front page which will allow you to accumulate growth. There is also question of your writing skills which will probably be the most crucial thing since One Punch alone can't carry interest alone.

Okay, second times a charm. Has a good fourth wall breaking story been done before? Something like this?

TShout At The Devil
One guy makes friends with his demons. Or well, his demon.
Bucket of Skies · 36k words  ·  9  15 · 824 views

Given how common it is in comedies, I'm sure there are many good stories out there that use fourth-wall breaks.

Heck, I've even got a few of 'en myself.

Any stories about mane six parent or parents murdering their offspring for personal gain?

To Those That Watch Critical Role {SPOILERS} {Also Idea}

Any thoughts on Mollymauk Tealeaf waking up in the Everfree Forest after his death. This could be an interesting fic for those who are heavy fans of Critical Role. An adventure, slice of life, violent, comedic, and somewhat sexual (in the context of jokes), as well as maybe a bit of romance and sadness in the story??? Not sure what to think of this. Might be a good idea, might be not. What's your thoughts on this topic???

(What he looks like, a Blood Hunter Tiefling)

And here's a sad (the feels kind) spoiler animation video

DO NOT DELVE IN DEEPER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

HapHazred
Group Admin

7160279 Cheers boi.

A Pegasus colt growing up in pre Luna banishment era Equestria being bounded to 4 demons over a long lifespan in different ways with the first finding a demon that's young like a child in there terms and lifespan while stealing food just to survive and sharing it with a strange creature that seems hungry and just wanting to live a normal life has that been done

Also a mature fic going into the childhood of gallus growing up in the streets of griffinstone before he came to the school

Has a fully working battle royale fic been done before?

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 340