Struggling Authors 3,680 members · 25,267 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Well I made this story over three years ago and took it down in July 2020 to make a new version but brought back this old one a couple days ago at a fellow user's request. The purpose of this fanfic and the related ones was to give people an alternative to Twilight outliving her friends as the finale made it look like what would happen. But the way I saw it, it appeared to me that Twilight was training a successor in Luster Dawn to take her place to give up her immortality, and Jim Miller stated they were pretty much leaving it up to fans to decide. So my out of that was Luster Dawn. Some other issues I had were Grogar being fake and the Mean 3/Terrible Trio not being redeemed. If you feel the same way then this will be a good fanfic for you. Enjoy as the curse of immortality is broken, Grogar launches a massive attack of evil against Luster and Twilight, and Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek be redeemed (or another ending you can choose for them). Please comment and like if this is your thing.

TLuster Dawn Friendship Successor
Twilight takes in a new student to wield the magic of friendship in the hopes of passing the torch someday. Meanwhile, an ancient villain thought to be long gone sets in motion plans to conquer Equestria. Reposted.
SamSwordsman123 · 111k words  ·  57  14 · 1.4k views

I'm a fan of the Legion of Doom and wished they were redeemed, especially Cozy Glow. A better ending for them is definitely something that interests me.

the curse of immortality is broken

You mean the blessing, right?

Nope never saw it that way. Not since I was a kid. It's a curse in my eyes and always will be. Your opinion though. Really have you never heard that side of the view?

7772564 You're wrong, you know?

7772570 You're alive.

If mortality would condemn you to death at the age of 10, you would be dead now. But you're not, because you have the blessing (not a curse).

Death should be a choice of every individual, but this world is a curse and we have no say in it. It's our lives, yet we don't get to decide when they end. It's not fair. My life, my decision!

That is just your opinion. Well I admit it might be nice to choose how we die, I still don't want it. Immortality has benefits, but also costs. Essentially it forces us to take our own lives rather than waiting for it to come naturally. I could never get a peaceful death in my sleep if I were immortal. Not without poisoning myself. Also there is the pain you would have to endure of watching everyone you love age and die while you remain the same. Like Mr. Tuck says in Tuck Everlasting (which taught me that Immortality is not as great as its made out to be) , what they have can't be called living. They're like rocks, frozen in time, stuck at the bottom of a lake. It has its benefits, but those mean little to me.

you would have to endure of watching everyone you love age and die

You won't escape that, even if you're mortal.

And if others won't hurt you by dying, you'll hurt them by dying on them.

This pain is unavoidable, and only immortality for all could save us from it.

What you're saying is exactly the same as saying, I don't want to own an umbrella. That would allow me protection from the rain. I want to get wet randomly whether I want to or not. Umbrellas are a curse. If you own an umbrella, you have to watch others get wet. Oh, woe is me who gets to stay dry, when will this nightmare end!?!

TL;DR: Your argument is stupid.

Wrong. Making everyone immortal would not save us. It would cause us to overpopulate even worse and create chaos. While i don't altogether like death I know it is necessary to keep the population under control. We'd start fight for food scraps. It would be a disaster. While you are right that the pain is unavoidable with immortality you get guaranteed surplus. I've lived through that pain for years. I know it all to well.

It's clear the two of us will never see eye to eye.

7772593 Well, if you're right and I'm wrong then for your sake I hope you die someday.

As long as I get everything I currently want to get done I won't complain. Death isn't good but I accept that it will happen.

7772664 If you were immortal, you could make sure that everything got done. But, since you leave everything to chance, you may or may not get things done in time and you may or may not say your goodbyes. You wanted this third agency to take over your life, though I doubt you'll thank it when you draw your last breath.

I don't want a third agency or anything like that. I just want to steer clear of what I view as a curse. Let's just leave it at that.

7772689 If nothing else, we can agree to disagree.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15