Team Fortress 2 Bronies 584 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Hi, I'm terrible starting new thread.

The thing is that I'm writing a fic that includes our favorite group of mercenaries, the kicker? It doesn't involves dimensional traveling nor the mane six plus three characters taking their roles.

It's about the Gravel Wars taking place in Equestria but with a different ending, instead of Gray Mann stepping in, killing his brothers and trying to take over Mann Co. with robots.

It's about Red Mane and Blu Trot Hors being forced by Princess Celestia into a peace treaty that finally ends the fight and thus leaving our professionals unemployed.

Years later, Luna convinces her sister that they actually need a black ops team for missions to dangerous or basically impossible to do for the Royal or Night Guards so they recruit the only group of mercenaries brave or crazy enough to do what others can't.

The part where I need help is about the cast, the first change is Iron Will being pressident and CEO of Hors Co. mostly because the idea amuses me, second is the species of every class:
Scout - Pegasus. Fast and small, is not a big leap of logic.
Soldier - Earth Pony. Another that isn't hard to visualize.
Pyro - Dragon. Long story but here's the first chapter, dragons are fireproof, do I need to continue?
Demoman - Diamond dog. Dynamite was originally created to be used in mining, an activity mostly associated with diamond dogs also Alfred Nobel, it's inventor, was the original Demoman.
Heavy - Bear. He- He's a bear! He's a big evil bear that hates ponies!
Engineer - Unicorn. He set all kind of devices using only a wrench, if that's not magic I don't know what the heck it is.
Medic - Zebra. Because of the magic of 'why not?'
Sniper - Griffon. Since griffins have the head of an eagle that gives them one of the best sight in the animal kingdom, that should make them natural shooters.
Spy - Changeling. Do I really need to explain this one?

So, what do you think? makes sense or I'm crazier than Soldier. Anyways I would like to hear some opinions.

I'd say its a good idea...
But I'm adding in the potential 50% of you being Solly crazy for making Hoovy a bear(No matter HOW HARD I laughed at that Scout line...)

for not using the Mane 6 +3 like so many others. Seems like fun.
I did one too, except I mashed in a convoluted plot half way.
For me, my mercs were alicorns and legendary figures
In order: Firefly, NMM, Celestia, Discord, Sombra, Twilight, Cadence, Luna, Chrysalis.

Come on, in the show we have seen a bear who is a surprisingly good interior designer, why not another bear that has a PHD in Russian literature and works as a mercenary?

So, should I write this?

This is Fimfic
Do what you want, a writer is free.
You (can be) a writer.

Not sure why, but for some reason a read your comment at the rhythm of Alestorm's "You are a pirate."

Then it's decided, I'll write this idea into a story.

2967135 seriously you should , you're the first i see , who got the idea to use a bear , a diamond dog and a griffin in the team , i'd totally read that
and about Pyro being a dragon if he's always talking and stuck with one word in the dragon tongue
that could explain why no one understand what he's saying

2967135 ill read, ill read with enthusiasm

Thanks, the main idea here was to make a counterpart with Steam's idea; instead of having a full cast of 'Americans, f*yeah!' characters they went for a multinational team, the same here, instead of having only ponies as the mercs I went for having a multi species cast.

I was planning to use Pyro's communication problem for the Heavy, the guy is not only over average smart but he even has a PhD in literature, he speaks in 'broken english' only because he's not very versed in the language.
For Pyro I got another 'wham revelation' planned [insert evil laughter here].

Thanks man, I'm busy with a mutly fics project that includes this one making the development time larger but I'm progressing at good rate.

2968763 you devil :trixieshiftright: stop make me wonder what are you going to do with Pyro
about Heavy , it sure could be fun to see him talk in broken English after all would you expect that from someone who can describe you how work his weapon and how many bullets it can shoot in 10 seconds
but fight like a beast ?

Okay okay, here's the explanation about Pyro:
From the mouth of the merc itself: Mmph mphna mprh, Oohthuhhumph! Khamahh! Mrr hurrdurr hm hurr!

In fact, one of the scenes that I already got planed is Luna recruiting Heavy (possible name Gravil Ivanovich after the JLI character Rocket Red) that stars with Luna and Heavy having a small talk till she reply in russian to what Heavy goes all deep and eloquent with her.

Heh. Got a good laugh there. Go ahead if you wish. But for now...

This is a marvelous idea! New spin!

2968763 question though is your pyro female?

I don't know, is Valve's Pyro a female? No, seriously, what is the canon Pyro?

In the first arc, not event the rest of the team know the identity of the Pyro, in fact the don't even know that it's a dragon inside that asbestos suit. It walks like a pony and has the right stature so they all just assume the it's, in effect, a pony.

2979725 most people i hear believe pyro's female so it's not a total sausage fest

Hay need help on story heres plot Gray man turns blue into ponys and sends them to equstraia and they also send later Mario luigi John Marson steave Sonic And Other heros here and cool things Happen and pretty much a awesome climax im using charcters I amdto so if you want to help contact me and read my first chapterjavascript:smilie(':pinkiehappy:');javascript:smilie(':rainbowkiss:');javascript:smilie(':twilightblush:');

HEY! WHAT ABOUT TF2 FREAKS? is funny. :)

2967135 You have my interest, I would totally read that, since it actually has a point to it, instead of the teams of mercenaries fighting each other relentlessly.

Hey, thanks for the follow.
Iron Will already made an appearance as an expy of Saxton Hale here and the story with the Team has its prologue published here. Enjoy them while I write the chapter where the Team start appearing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23