Fallout Equestria 5,370 members · 2,617 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I've had this idea for a group project bouncing around in my head for a while now and after the success of the last two ABCs I figured I'd post it and see if anyone else wanted to join in.

EDIT: similar to the ABCs, this will be an anthology. As to a timeline, there isn't one. If someone comes across this post a year from now and wants to write a piece for it then they're free to do so. I don't intend to have an end date for this. I should also probably have annotated that to get your story posted shoot me a PM to a google docs.

The prompt is simply: two ponies (or non-ponies) have an interaction in the wasteland. 

That's it. I know that’s pretty general, but the idea is to give folks plenty of leeway to do whatever they want to do. It doesn't even need to strictly be two ponies, if you want to fit more in then that's fine. The interaction can be in a diner in a Stable or around a campfire in the wasteland or in an old church that nopony goes to anymore up in the mountains of Vanhoover. They can be embattled enemies or starstruck lovers or anything in-between. It can be violent or calm, steamy or scary, you decide!

The basic concept came from a creative writing class I took back in college and I felt like I'd give it a spin and try it again here.

Rules: 

1. Anything teen goes, teen clop (i.e. fade to black clop), vulgarity within reason, and generalized gore. If there’s questionably excessive content note it in the beginning, but you can’t be dropping F-bombs left and right or having scenes depicting mature content in all its lovely glory. As with the other group projects, we’re trying to maintain a general teen theme to get to the largest audience.
  2. 10K words is the ideal maximum, if you go over a little bit then that’s fine, but don’t be submitting 20K word stories.
  3. The story can take place anytime and anywhere in the Equestrian Wasteland. Pre-war, post-war, pre-sunshine, post-sunshine, just so long as it’s in what is clearly the world of Kkat’s Fallout: Equestria. If you want it to be canon to other side stories, that’s fine.
  4. Use the key below at the start of the document, just for uniformity’s sake. If you would like to add authors notes annotate those at the beginning or end.
  5. And, as always, the golden rule is to have fun!

Title: Story Title
Author: your name, feel free to link this to your account
Content Warning: as applicable, this is only needed if there’s content that some folks don’t like (i.e. excessive violence, profanity, or sex)
Quote” (Recommended, but not required)

Story content.

Author’s Notes: as applicable, this can also come before the story

You can find another copy of the prompt and rules at the link below. The folder also contains a story I wrote for this group project.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mIniDcobepqmJuQcgWX4K7MttaqU76Ro?usp=sharing

Superb idea! I wholeheartedly support this!
The questions are, though:
1. Would it be an anthology like ABC?
2. What's the timeframe for collecting entries?

7334891 Good questions. Yes it will be an anthology and there will be no timeline, this will be ongoing from now until whenever. I'll annotate this in the main post.

I can use a part of another my story if it's just two ponies talking? Like it's just a few lines of text from a short story I'm writing but it' long enough.

7335049 That should work. Ideally it should be able to stand on its own, but I don't see why not.

Sounds good to me Salted. I will see what I can come up with.

Now, this is an idea that intrigues me. Hopefully the brain juices can make something worthy!

This sounds quite entertaining.

7335395 7335656 7336497 Glad to hear it, my dudes!

Hmm... Might have a story for this. I'll see what I can cook up.

Salted Pingas, I Just read the story you posted the link to. I have to say I rather enjoyed it and it got me to laugh at the end of a long day.

This still going? Can I throw my hat into the ring?

7360403 Yes, still going though the group project isn't up yet. I've got one submission already and I was hoping to get one more before I started posting.

7353745 Thanks for the feedback!

Just making sure before I write something, only theme is two ponies meet in the wasteland, rest is pretty much open?

7360539 Yep, don't even need to be ponies and it can be more than two.

Sweet, I'll get something written and send you a note.

Is this still going on? The page for the stories reads incomplete, and though I'm still working on a project on my own, I saw the idea, and it got my imagination going. If you still have room for more entries, I could try writing something up for this.

7396465 Yep, still going on.

Great. I'll see what I can cook up for this. Here's to hoping my inspiration lasts long enough.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20