Fallout Equestria 5,389 members · 2,621 stories
Comments ( 38 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 38

http://theovermare.com/blog/2016/02/wave-3-demo-better-late-than-never-edition
Come one come all and give a try to the first public demo for FoE The Game by The Overmare Studios! Be sure to report the bugs and have some fun! Let us know what you think!

5068754 SQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Downloading now!

{heavy breathing} :pinkiehappy:

I have no words.....

Thank you for the notice. There's not a lot in it right now (according to them), but a taste is nice.

5068754 Will download tomorrow.

Even a taste will be awesome.

Fucking hell. Well, I am excited.

5068754 Damn and I missed out by a lot...

5068849 nonsense, we've got... pips cloudy eyes and... SATS that always works... yes. A lot of us that are not on QA are having fun finding bugs n stuff already.

5068938 Wow.. those parasprites a real pain in the plot to try and hit.

5068754 I try it out. Amazing and I found a bug. It happen when I click on V to use SATS.

5068948 I've resorted to using the magic laser to handle them since they have so little health I can just go crazy and hope to nick it.
5069007 yeah, sats is like glitch heaven I've heard so it likes to be a mess.

no idea where else to publish bugs http://prntscr.com/a77kb0

but seriously, it's fun, but some of the enemies are kinda hard to hit. like the roaches and the parasprites. the magic system is massively overpowered. shield makes it possible to go toe to toe with a protectapony and any damage you take can easily be healed with the heal spell and the laser beam is insanely overpowered, but i assume it's either a massive investment in resources to get it that strong or a dev weapon.
overall my opinion?

I want to play it, but my computer sucks so the framerate was shit, I kept dying because I couldn't turn around fast enough to realize who was attacking me.

no idea where else to publish bugs

There's a Feedback option at the game's main menu which will open a google form for feedback in your browser.

5069130 i thank you for pointing that out cause i actually didn't realize it, but the "don't know where to post bugs" is a joke. if you click the link, it leads to an image of a pair of radroaches i snuck up on, though i'm not sure if it was actually sneaking up on them or not. the rest of my comment is on balance issues, which they said that this wasn't. it's just a combat test so i didn't think i should send in a bug report to them saying "OMG GUNZ R TO STRNG NERF PLZ" or something like that when there's likely actual bugs to fix.

Wow, that's like three jokes I've completely missed today. Herpaderpadoo.

I thought your image was to point out a clipping problem.

There is something wrong with the radroach and bloatsprite hitboxes though, I think.

5069205 i think it's a bit of an issue with their models and their hitboxes. try shooting towards the middle of the radroaches because it seems their hitboxes are a little stuck in the ground or back behind their models, though i'm not sure. that's probably why the sprites are hard to hit as well and it would make sense for raiders and protectaponies to be similar with their hitboxes, but it's not as easy to notice since they are larger and the natural aim point is their chests. regardless, the magic missile seems to hit them pretty reliably. the one i would be most concerned about is the melee raiders. it seems if one hits you once, you are dead regardless cause they attack so rapidly. with raiders, that wouldn't be too big a deal late game but with hellhounds(assuming they are the deathclaw equivalents), that's essentially like a reload check asking when you last saved

5069227 yeah, many issues, but it's good that you point these things out just so the guys who actually work on that have a more complete list of what's up. Be sure to say everything in the feedback!

I sent in a whole load of feedback like that.

Right down to "Littlepip has scary eyes."

5069262 heheheh, I think they all have scary eyes. I had a raider sneak up on me as I was looking at the corpse of another and suddenly I heard a loud 'swish swish, swish swish' and I freaked out at the massive purple thing with massive eyes trying to cut me.

I freaked out at the massive purple thing

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5069318 Sudden massive purple things are scary especially when they usually make witty or snipe comments. I know what you were thinking.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡‾ )

I tried it, it's a good alpha and a better story than Fallout 4

5069262 did you send in any feedback about how you can fly? i hope overmare keeps that feature/bug in

I did not discover that bug/feature.

5069487 if you use telekinesis on a barrel or something when you are standing at the correct angle on it, it will float upward and you can move forward and upwards slowly. the angle is finicky to get it but it's possible to fly up over the trees and fall and get stuck in them.

Loving it overall. Biggest issues are the really wonky hit boxes and just trouble overall in hitting the bloatsprites and radroaches.

The fact that a lot of times where the laser magic beam is shooting, does not line up with where the targeting reticule is on the screen, making really hard to be sure where to aim. Am I supposed to using the on screen target, or where the beam is actually going to walk it to it's target?

Using the Pipbuck to swap between spells feels really slow and dull, but that's likely something for later, adding in some hotkeys to more quickly swap through your magic.

Magic Missile seems pointless when the Laser spell does just as much damage, and is far easier to aim and hit with versus the slower projectile.

Just how damn fast raiders kill you.

Restarting from scratch every time you die. I know it's just a demo, but would really make it easier and a bit more fun to explore if dying simply took you back to the start with all your items etc... and things kept as they are rather then having to go hunt them down every time.

Yeah, as a game itself, lots of issues. But for a demo like this, it is awesome just to play around and try it out. SO SO SO Hyped for more!

Hell thats what i'v ewaited for 2 years now!
Since when i've first read Fo:E and later Project Horizons I waited for someone to make a good Fallout NV mod but to make a whole game out of it...
You actually just made Fo:E 20% cooler! *squeals*

Okay, managed to make a longer playthrough, here's a few gripes about the game so far.

Little Mac was the only weapon I could rely on, that's not really a good thing in an Open world Sandbox like fallout. The AR didn't fire well, as I could only squeeze out three bullets at a time in semi-auto, the hunting shotgun's fire rate was a tad bit too slow, the 10mm wasn't all that useful since little mac could do everything it could and more, didn't bother with the .44 because mac. The S.A.T.S was shotty, as it doesn't track targets, it basically makes you a sitting duck. Also, wasn't fond of targeting something through the ground on the other side of the map.

The enemies did way too much damage and were way too accurate, they were hitting me at ranges when they had no right to. Not only that, but the armor seemed next to useless. Melee? Please, engaging any enemy unless I was a mile away is a death wish.

So yeah, it's not perfect, but thankfully though, this is just the alpha, so there's still time to improve.

5070798 I can tell you now that absolutely zero effort was devoted to balance as that was not a goal for this point, and they really do know about how terrible sats is.

5069489 I used telekinesis on the door to the small buidling and smacked myself so hard by holding z and pretending to have a seizure that I flew above the invisible walls and out of the map, nearly to its edge. doing that with enemies also makes it so they can be lifted. The results of lifting enemies is rather scary, especially once you put them down.

5069371 You saying that you didn't like Fallout 4?

Not really, let's say it disappointed me.

The fights are good, the weapon modification are awesome, but the story was disappointing.

5072747 Yeah kinda got distracted from the main story for a while because of the amount of garbage to break down to build my settlements. Granted in free roaming games its hard to pay attention to the plot.

I wonder if one day, after the release of the Fo:E game, we'll have someone remaking it with Fallout 4 engine(plus all the weapon mods, layer armor system, blah blah blah).

I'm really not sure it would work on Fallout 4's engine. I mean, the entire reason they had to scrap everything and build from scratch is how poorly ponies worked on Fallout 3/NV's engine.

And even if it did work, it would take a long time. Everything Overmare Studios is working with runs on and was built for Unity. A lot of it would have to be done all over again.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 38