Fallout Equestria 5,373 members · 2,617 stories
Comments ( 94 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 94
G-man64
Group Contributor

I thought about this a few days ago, the basic idea is to give everyone interested the same synopsis and let them go from there.

I want to show how even the same idea can drastically change because of writing styles, differing interpretations, and just the people's views in general.

I don't know, just seemed like a fun little idea, maybe help some people get some creativity flowing, maybe get some new blood in.

Since Fallout 4 will be here soon, we've been getting quite a bit if new blood, and I think doing something like this may be a nice way to get some of the new people dipping their toes into the wasteland, at the very least get some interesting things out there.

Anyone whose interested, just reply or PM me, I'll take it from there.

This isn't like the ABC's, this isn't some massive collab that will be compiled but I'd still like to keep it orderly, probably just links here.

The main point is, everyone can do this at their own pace, no pressure, just do it as you can.

Anyway, let's see what we can come up with shall we?

Current Participants.

Sphinx_Herald, Barrobroadcaster, NobbleyKyle, Defiance, Megaskullmon, Black Tribal, Timelord358, Somber, starwars90001, BlueBlitz15, Sir_Scrub_aka_QuickDraw, jxj, windmill 7, TheBobulator, Songfire, Pyro Blaze, thatguyvex, Trendy Laws, The Wadapan, Delvius, sophos, dekkonot, and myself.

4482888 Sure, why not? However, I notice you never really said what it's about, you just said it's a group project. I would like to know what it's about before I fully sign on. Anyways, until next time,
-Sphinx

G-man64
Group Contributor

Everyone gets the same base and does as they please, I'm keeping the base under wraps till I know how many people are interested, but trust me I've given this quite a bit of thought and I'm sure everything will go smooth.

Since it's not a huge colab story like the ABC's was we don't need everyone at once, once I tell everyone the synopsis they can run wild.

I thought it was explained in the thread itself, but I'll edit it more later to make it clearer, thanks for pointing out I may have not made it clear enough.

Alright.

4482967 Fair enough. I'll attempt to participate in this writing thing of yours. Until next time,
-Sphinx

I would like to join in! Sounds like a lot of fun :pinkiehappy:

I'm in. It'll make up for my failure during the previous group collab

G-man64
Group Contributor

Alright.

Awesome.

It's all good man, things happen.

4483089 So how are we going about this then?

G-man64
Group Contributor

Well, since I've already heard from plenty (six people including myself), I'll tell everyone the stories base tomorrow (give others some more time to pop in if they please, I mean anyone can hop in whenever given how it'll be working but still), and from there just do as you do.

Take the concept and run with it however you feel is appropriate, whenever you're done just tell everyone it's done and where to find it.

Just leave a Gdocs link, publish it, write it in as a continuing chapter, whatever you want to do.

As long as we see what you chose to make with the tools, that's all that matters.

Mm...haven't been active on the site in a long time, but with all the new Fallout: Equestria content, I still find myself wanting to at least be a part of it, despite my track record with continuations. Then again, I work better in groups.

Not sure if I wanna fully join this project and try to be a part of something, but I'm damn well interested in sharing my own ideas with others.

4482888 I'll try to participate, although I've been having a bunch of tech problems recently, I'll do my best.

G-man64
Group Contributor

Well, as said it's however you want to do it, if you're not the best with continuing things (look at me) I'd say maybe do it as just a simple one-shot.

As said, do it whenever, but I'll be sure to add you to the list too.

I guess I'll be a part of it then, got all these characters that need a place in the FO:E world, might as well give one or two a home.

I'll give it a shot.

You sir have peaked my interest. You can count me in if there's room.

I would like to join this. If your were to allow me.

jxj

4482888 screw it, im in. I have no idea how much time I'll have over the next five weeks (summer classes) and ive never written for fun before fiction or otherwise. And I might abandon this partway through, but I'll give it a shot

I wanna play too. :derpytongue2:

At least it'll help me get those creative gears turning and maybe let me get my own story off the ground.

Finally.

G-man64
Group Contributor

Wow, this is going a lot better then I expected. Anyway.

I'm with you man.

I would be honored.

I'll add you.

There's infinite room.

Anyone who wants.

Do it if you can, leave if you can't no big deal, it's a bit of an experiment if you will, seeing how different people take the same concept and turn out different stories.

Absolutely.

I hear that.

4483832 So is there an overarching story idea with each chapter written by a different person? Or is it like, telling seperate stories in a compilation?

4483845 - I think he's going to tell us tomorrow or something

Sure, what the heck. I'll go for it. I'm already working on three different things on top of my summer coursework, so let's just go for gold. Hopefully this time people will stick to the guidelines more than the ABCs.

Don't see why not. Is there a word limit/time limit? I'm not the best at long stories nor am I at writing within a time limit (my English exam scores agree).

It'll make up for my failure during the previous group collab

failure during the previous group collab

failure previous group collab

failure previous collab

I hate you all ...

G-man64
Group Contributor

4483845 4483855
Everyone will have the same basic synopsis, from there they do as they please, I'll say the synopsis tomorrow.

I'd say overall it went fine, I mean there were quite a few longer then I expected, but still that was mainly in place so that everyone who wanted could easily pick up any of the chapters but I'm not to bummed so many people went over. I'm still more annoyed at my own disorganization making it take so long.

There's no time limit, and if you feel the need to leave at any point, this isn't a colab in the same vain as ABC's it's more like an experiment I suppose, seeing how different people can create different items with the same set of tools... that make sense?

What'd I miss?

4483954 4483996

failure previous collab

Ah, yes.

I hate you all ...

sorry

4483996 alrighty then, count me in!

You know I'm always down for these kind of things, so count me in. :twilightsmile:

I'd love to try. Count me in as well.

Depends on how much I'd need to write, how much the synopsis appeals to me, and what other stuff I need to do. But sure, I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't turn out well, then that's fine, right?

Sounds great! Count me in.

G-man64
Group Contributor

Ah, I'd forgotten about that one honestly... odd since I was one of the few to get their stories in, odder still considering my track record.

Alright then.

Was hoping to hear from you man.

Added.

Write as much or little as you want, and as I've said there is no real commitment so if you decide you don't like the idea, or you have better things to do feel free to leave whenever not a big deal at all.

Alright then.

"The result of this collab occurred pretty much as some of us had predicted. Too many writing styles, not enough cooperation or ideas in common to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones."

Good luck with it anyway.

What's the idea though?

I'd like to participate.

>Looks at Balefire Light<
I feel ya, mang.

4482888 Ah, so, in order to find out what idea is, I have to sign?

G-man64
Group Contributor

The to many writing styles is the point of this, see what everyone does with the same tools for a different creation.

I'm about to reveal it.

I'll add you.

Nope, I'm about to tell everyone, and even if you did sign there's no commitment whatsoever, you could feel free to drop out whenever, and if you don't sign you can jump in whenever.

Well say so already :facehoof:

4482888 I have loads of free time. Sure. Why not.

G-man64
Group Contributor

4482922 4482938 4483073 4483081 4483194 4483220 4483352 4483486 4483492 4483510 4483547 4483599 4483881 4483952 4484031 4484038 4484069 4484140 4484578
Now then, the synopsis.

Well, originally I'd had the idea of the fairy tale the Red Shoes being the base but I didn't expect so many people to sign up and I'm not sure how many ways that could be stretched.

So, I got to more thinking, I thought for hours and eventually thought of a possibility, but I wasn't sure how well it would go over and that was... well I'll let this clip tell you.

See, let me explain back in school there was one time when we had a writing assignment that was basically this, take the same core concept and run with it, when we did that we all did Cinderella.

I mean, the core items are easily used to change it so that you're telling the same story but in different circumstances.

Same players, different game if you will.

I mean, mistreated person, important event, getting a bit of assistance, leaving something behind that showed you were you, I mean simple enough to execute.

I can think of a few possibility's (Merc tryouts, pre-war story with a zebra and some high-society, heck maybe a darker take with a slave rising out and maybe taking over), but like I said I wasn't sure how well the community would take to this particular idea.

In the end, the thing needed to be strict enough that everyone had the same base tools, but they would be able to use them all in such ways that they have a uniquely them story.

Like I said, an entire class was able to change the story of Cinderella enough that they all had something unique, but also like I said I wasn't sure how well you would all react to the idea.

So, I gave it a bit more thought, this is still on the table, but we're all gonna put it to a vote.

So, the two possible synopsis for this experiment/project/whatever are the classical trope of having a wild night and forgetting it all in a similar manner of Dude Where's my Car or the Hangover, or as stated Cinderella.

Feel free to weigh in, majority will rule and as I've said numerous times, if neither of these appeal to you, or if you don't think you can personally pull off the selected topic there is no obligation whatsoever.

Anyway, commence voting, majority will on if the synopsis will be Cinderella or forgetting a crazy night and backtracking to figure out exactly what happened.

I'm also free to write in votes if neither of these particularly appeal to you.

G-man64
Group Contributor

Just posted it.

I'll add you.

I vote for backtracking a zany night, there should be more comedy in the Wasteland! :twilightsmile: Though the Cinderella one... I already know what my char's "glass slipper" would be.

I can probably work with either idea, so I'll abstain from voting. I got ideas I can use for whatever gets chosen.

Both ideas sound awesome, but I think the Wasteland needs a little comedy in it as well, show that it's not all about shooting that raider in the face because his group attacked your camp when you were sleeping.

I'm all for the crazy night and trying to recollect what happened.

4484974 I 100% vote for the crazy night synopsis

This is really interesting, actually. I'm going to go against the grain and vote for the Cinderella story. I feel like it serves the whole "same tools, different execution" thing better since it has more points of variation.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 94