UK Bronies 706 members · 1,719 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51

So this thread is pretty much a case of 'Exactly What It Says on the Tin' :raritywink:. I remember last year one of the members of this group doing a similar thread, asking if any of them were to be attending the UK Brony convention (sadly with few saying yes), and I felt that this year as no one else appeared to be doing it that I would create such a thread.

So then, are any of you planning on attending BUCK this year? I never could arrange things in time to go last year (I was somewhat new to the Brony community at that point anyway) but this time I've managed to sort things early and shall as a result be attending BUCK as my first ever Brony convention. :twilightsmile:

I would if I had the time and cash to do it. :pinkiesad2:

Well, considering that I'm both a performer and a panelist and also one of the brains behind the con mascot's official Tumblr, I expect they'd be a bit upset if I didn't go. XD

I'm interested, but my main focus is the main Bronycon event in Baltimore.

It's something I would love to go to but due to work, I cannot. :applecry:

Yeah, I'll be attending BUCKcon this year.

I wish I could go but I do not have a driving license atm and I do not know any fellow bros in my town who I could get a ride from :fluttershysad: But there is always next yea I hope :unsuresweetie:

Still haven't made up my mind due to ticket prices. May or may not end up attending depending on finances and stuff. Blah.

I want to go and I may be able to convince my parents to lend me the money but being in education and without a job I won’t be able to get the money myself.

863755 Could take the train, our rail network is fairly good. You can also take a bike as cargo and use that to get around. That's what I'd do.

864299 Also money is the problem atm and I don't go to Manchester much so I don't know my way round the place.

865894 Well if you’ve got a smart phone they usually have GPS, I don’t but then I trust in my map reading skills. As for money, well, that always seems to be the problem.

865900 I guess I could help my self from my dads wallet that he has the useful habit of leaving it laying around :twilightsheepish:

865906 Considering the number of extracurricular activities my sister has wormed out of my Mum and Dad, sinning lessons, piano lessons, ice skating lessons and more, I could probably just convince them to pay for the tickets if little else. That still leaves me with travel expenses, logging expenses, food, spending money… probably more I can’t think of right now.

If I do go I want to get back with at least one Celestia, Luna or Twilight plushy but more importantly a few new friends. What do you want to get out of it?

865919 I don't know about a plushy but having some more brony m8s would be excellent and also seeing or talking to Living Tome stone or Wooden Toaster would make the day one to remember :twilightsmile:

Oh fuck it I am so pumped now I am going to have to go :twilightsmile:

any 1 live In Wakefield who would be willing to meet up at the train station ? to go to BUCK ? :rainbowhuh:

Amazingly, yes. Considering I make S1E1 Fluttershy look assertive, this is a really bizarre turn of events. There's something in the air, and I don't mean a certain CMC. :scootangel:

866170 865919 863730 863699 863686

Any of you chaps feel like meeting up at this event and at the Summer sun celebration ?

If you do I will be easy to spot (I hope) because I will be in my black Brony alliance T-shirt.
:twilightsmile:

I probably won't have time, to be quite honest. If I'm anywhere near as busy as I was last year, my time will probably be about 20% free time to 80% doing stuff for the con, although I think I may be a little less busy this year thankfully.

But with that said, if all goes well then I'll be meeting my lady friend from the US for the first time in reality, so if that happens I'll probably spend an awful lot of my time with her...

With all that said, I am nevertheless a very easy to spot and very approachable guy. For one thing I tower over most people at 6'6", and I'm probably going to be wandering about in a t-shirt with my OC or his mark on it. Plus, y'know, I'll be on panels and stuff so you'll be able to pick me out damned easily. XD

I'll put it this way, if you happen to see me at the con when I'm not on a panel, feel free to come over and say hi and yammer on about writing. Will also say I don't yet know if aforementioned lady friend will be making it for the con, so it's entirely possible I may be wandering about just with a small group of friends or on my own - so again, feel free to come and say hi. I am pretty friendly iRL :)

Okay why not, if I see ya' I'll chat with you.

Wow, so many responses. Now the last time I made a thread I left replying to it quite late... in fact I've still yet to reply to the comments within but I shall not make that same mistake this time. Reply time, here I go.

863695 I'm lucky in having an on and off based job which pays very well considering what I do and how random my work time can be some weeks ::twilightsheepish:. It also helps that I don't spend much outside of presents and food, so I was able to buy a 20% ticket with plenty of money saved up for the con as well.

Sorry to hear that you have been inconvenienced by those two factors but hey, maybe some other year then. Both those problems may no longer be problems in future.

866170 That's wonderful to hear, I hope you have a good time at the convention.

868708 I don't have any plans to meet up with anyone however I will be sure to walk on over, greet, and chat with you if I happen to spot you. I should probably have spare time, other than acquiring myself a plushie my plans are mostly undetermined at this point.

Anyway, I know how to spot you but as for myself I will most likely be easy to spot in the fact that I will be the only person wearing a multi-pocketed coat at that time of year. In the case that I am not wearing a coat, or others are, I can also be distinguished by my Hatsune Miku bag, my Truffle Shuffle purchased Rainbow Dash jumper, or my fine, fine moustache :moustache:.

863699 I thought your avatar looked familiar and hey, I remember seeing it among the list of guests for the convention. Lovely to see you're also a member of this group. :twilightsmile:

Responding also to your other comment, I hope you get yourself some free time to enjoy the convention. Well, I'm sure you will have some fun doing stuff for the con but here's hoping some free time is included for you in that deal. I shall try to keep an eye out for you, and if I spot you, shall take the chance to say hello. As for myself, copy and pasting from earlier: I will most likely be easy to spot in the fact that I will be the only person wearing a multi-pocketed coat at that time of year. In the case that I am not wearing a coat, or others are, I can also be distinguished by my Hatsune Miku bag, my Truffle Shuffle purchased Rainbow Dash jumper, or my fine, fine moustache :moustache:.

869370 Good to hear that you will be attending the convention; I hope you'll have a good time. :pinkiehappy: Also, I'll be sure to come over and chat if I happen to spot you at any point during the convention.

I absolutely will be. Last year was a blast, and I suspect this year will be even better.

I have my tickets, I am now officially attending!

I'm in two minds about going, I was supposed to go with my friend but he just dropped out today because he can't afford it, and so I'm not sure if I want to go by myself.

868708 If I go, then sure, I'd like someone to walk around with. Does anyone else want to meet up who might be going alone, because if I can gather some folks to go without preferably around my age (17), then I'll definitely go! :pinkiesmile: Otherwise, it's touch and go really.

868933 901709 880887 898939 872577 869370 866170
Well its official I will be attending BUCK this year hope to see you all there :twilightsmile:

(oh and here is some random music)

913890 Me too, bought my tickets on Tuesday, so excited! Costing me quite a bit though. Who's going o the Summer Sun Celebration?

913899 me :twilightsmile: but I will not be dancing (well maybe if alcohol is involved I will be :rainbowlaugh:) because my dancing is even worse than a certain purple unicorn's :rainbowlaugh:

913899 I'll be there :pinkiehappy:

Yeah, I'm going to he SSC, it's the first time I've been to anything of the sort really (BUCK in general, not just SSC) so I don't know what it's like, but I'll tell you right now that I am not a dancing person. :rainbowlaugh:

same here.
Well if I get really into a song I may be seen tapping my feet to the beat or head banging (That is the only dance move I can do well :rainbowlaugh:)

914329 913934 880887 872577 869370 866170 863699

:yay: John de Lancie will be a VIP Guest hmm looks like we are due some chaos :raritywink:

Also can any of you tell me some more about the Summer Sun do I just want to know a bit more about it
from some one who has been to it before :twilightblush:

863686 913899 913934 880887 869370 868933 866170

So what you people looking foreword to the most for me its getting my ears blasted at the Summer Sun Celebration. :twilightsmile: As well as seeing some of my Favorite DJ's :pinkiehappy:

926624 Making some new friends is probably my main objective. Quite interested in the arts and crafts as well, always been a sucker for eye candy. :twilightsheepish:

Getting to see some of the music performed live should be great as well.

926634 I'd like to meet some cool people, I hope I do or I'll be alone in Manchester for 3 days...

928904 I can try meet up with ya at the Summer Sun Celebration if ya like. :twilightsheepish:

926634 Yes you cant beet some good eye candy. :twilightsmile:

928904 In that case watch out for the guy in the leather brimmed, it’s-not-a-cow-boy-hat, hat and the ridiculously long blond hair because, well, that's probably me. :twilightsheepish:

928904 How will we spot you :rainbowhuh:
(if you like you can pm me with your reply)

Roll on August :rainbowkiss:

929475 I won't be wearing anything distinctive, just generic brony apparel, but we could always sort out a meeting place, especially as we're both attending the SSC. I was just wondering how old you are, and where you're from?

Aw come on, just checked the dates and I can't go again. Last year holiday got in the way... This year my sister's wedding.

I would try and avoid going to that but I think it may be compulsory. Oh well, better luck next year I guess. Have fun everybody :pinkiehappy:.

Want to, but NOPE.

Not a fan of urban places, at all....
Don't like driving in them, don't like being in them :fluttershyouch:
Inside the M60 is pretty much a no-go area for us simple folk.

You guys have fun, I'll be out here in the comforting open green space.

1199974 I'm afraid it's more like two considering it's at the far end of August. :applejackunsure:

1199990 Fair point, still, it seems close after waiting so long. :pinkiehappy:

1200004 Personally I'm dreading the fact I might not have enough spending money when I get there. :fluttershyouch:

120003 you will

So far the only thing I plan to get with my money ( besides cider ) is the Party at sundown album and maybe a T-shirt or 2.

1200212 Hopefully some digital prints, probably some T shirts, the usual.

Hey all! Just an additional note I'd like to make here.

A little while back I wrote a story set in a steampunk fantasy world with airships and sky pirates and all that sort of goodness. Said book would later be published on Amazon, where it's sold reasonably well.

I'm sure some folks would like to have something as cool as a good read signed by its author, right? :)

So here's the deal. If you happen to own a copy of "Beyond the Sky: Book 1 of the Asunder Saga", and you bring it to BUCK and track me down, I will happily sign it for you. And hey, who knows: if I get good enough at this writing thing that I start making bestseller lists, maybe it'll be worth a lot some years from now :p

Too bad I can't make a living off writing pony stuff! XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51