Male Alicorns & Pegacorns 161 members · 168 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
NicLove
Group Admin

by PonyPixel

This is another random idea I thought of. We have five alicorns in MLP, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight, and Flurry Heart. Shining Armor feels kind of like the odd one out, since his wife, sister, and even his daughter are all alicorns. I feel the reason he stayed a unicorn is that the writers couldn't find a way to make him an alicorn, let alone fit it into the show and have it make sense.

I'm mostly bringing this up because I want to know, should Shining Armor be an alicorn. If yes, how would you have it work?

I'm gonna say that as far as the cartoon was concerned, maybe not. But, at the same time I don't think that he couldn't have either. I believe it that 50% the writers didn't think about it, 50% they avoided it because FIM is kind of 'girl power'. It's a bit of a flimsy reason, but there you have it. I, myself, think that they could have done it if they wanted.

Now that canon is out of the way, I believe that we need more fics with alicorn Shining Armor. Mostly stories about him becoming one or living with the consequences of being one (good or bad). I don't think he needs it to be a good character, but he is also one of those that deserved the most.

NicLove
Group Admin

what about A.J. or Big-Mac ?

I think that all of Twilight's friends could have been rewarded like that. It's not like the cartoon convinced me that Twilight is much more special than any of them. So, AJ could have been made an alicorn.
Big Mac... I don't really think that he is on the same level as AJ. I mean, not that he is 'less', but he is different. Not really hands down a hero like his sister.

NicLove
Group Admin

EWe're all Alicorns
Alternate ending for Magical Mystery Cure
Jawmax · 2k words  ·  157  16 · 13k views

Oooooh! Thanks for sharing!

NicLove
Group Admin

U.R.W.C.

p.s. do you think they should all be Princesses or ... ?

That is a bit touchy. I believe that the only alicorns should've been Celestia and Luna. But I welcomed the ide when Twilight got alicornified. But that is already in the context that the cartoon kind of diluted the meaning of a royal title. The thing.... Since Twilight became one for the reasons she became, there was nothing that would make me feel the others becoming too would be wrong. All the mane six becoming alicorns is one of many scenarios I would've been okay with.

Is it something that I'm going to do in my own stories? No, but that is because being a princess and an alicorn is important, rare and a privilege in my AU and things don't happen without good reasons.

But beyond that, I would've been perfectly fine with the other mane six becoming alicorns, especially if the Elements became their royal regalia, or something of the sort.

NicLove
Group Admin

but what if there was NON-royal-Alicorns ?

NON-royal Alicorn

Well, if being an alicorn had no relation to being a princess, I wouldn't have any problem with the others becoming alicorns too. I mean, they are the reason Twilight got to where she got.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10