Chess Players of Fimfiction 38 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

While I am the last one who would complain about draws in a chess game (as draws can be also interesting etc.) the current Candidates tournament has a lot of exciting games.

Of course, I should check more tournaments and watch these games, so it's most probably the same for other tournaments, but currently I do have the time to follow one and am excited for this ongoing one :twilightsheepish:

Samey90
Group Admin

I'm either watching the streams (not easy in my timezone) or recaps. I'm rooting for either one of the Indians or Fabiano Caruana.
On a side note, I like how everyone seems to have switched for insane attacking chess recently. I mean, Alireza tried to go for Berlin against Nepo and got destroyed, while on another board Praggnanandha revived Deferred Schliemann and won. Even the drawn games went for some chaotic lines with winning chances.

For timezones I kind of have the same problem more or less, as they begin on 8:30 PM for me. But I try to watch at least the beginning.

Not sure if the attacking chess is a result of more youngsters or not, but I won't complain :trixieshiftright:

Samey90
Group Admin

Could be. With guys like Gukesh, Alireza, and Pragg, I keep forgetting how young they are. I mean, when Gukesh was born, Hikaru could already buy a beer in the US.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4