The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Following the first part to The Rise of Arawn Death-Lord, I want to be able to keep working on this high-risk, high-reward character, even with circumstances like the coronavirus and the Disney Chronicles being halted from progressing further.

To remind you all, Arawn Death-Lord is the actual antagonist from the Chronicles of Prydain series, but was given a backseat for the Horned King. For those interested in expanding this character, you can now do so in one of two ways. In the link above you, this goes to a thread where we can expand and bulk out the character. In this thread, this will solely be for all possible quotes, scenes, and overarching storylines that could be used across the Disney Chronicles.

For those of you who still want to give Arawn his dues as a Disney Villain, this thread and the one linked to this are your opportunities to do that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The following event takes place prior to the end of 'The Black Cauldron'. My use for this scene stems from a theory as to why the Witches were initially hesitant about granting Taran's trade request to hand them back the cauldron, in exchange for Gurgi's life. That it had me thinking, if Gurgi was brought back to life... Who's to say his soul was the only one that emerged from the Cauldron. With that in mind, here goes the first attempt at a scene:

<>

*In the ruins of what remained of The Horned King's castle, the fires having faded after falling deep into the murky depths not a trace of life remained. All that stood in it's place is the rubble from all the fallen stone that cluttered the lake. A landscape that is a sure sign of death along the cursed grounds of Prydain, formerly owned by the late Horned King.*

*Suddenly, a stream of bubbles emerge onto the water glowing as red as blood. After the lake bubbles violently, like a bubbling brew, a figure slowly emerges from the murky depths. An unknown figure works its way toward the surface, it's entire anatomy shrouded in a thick black robe shrouding his body from head to toe. The cold water drips along the material as it steps toward the surface.*

*It stretches it's arms outward, rolling the elbows and bending it's fingers as the sound of bones cracking echoed. A sigh is heard as a chilly breath escapes through the mouth of the dark robe. The figure looks around the empty landscape, its hooded head turning from right to left and all around.*

???: My curse has been lifted... Now... To find the one who released me... And finish where I left off...

*The figure then shifts, as it's hood shrinks down and the body beneath folds. In it's place, where the hooded figure stood, a snake took it's place slithering eerily into the nearby brush disappearing into the dark wood.*

hey i was wondering how arwen defeat would like

Well, if we can get far along enough, the chances are likely that even though Arawn will be a great foe to Twilight and her friends, ultimately, he is destined to fall at Taran's hands.

i was thinking along the line of he try to rewrite the story in the disney chorincle but the book reject them he kept trying but the sprit of walt and many great disney charater show up to help twlight and her friend to defeat him

Even so, Arawn is not like your basic Disney Villain. He is not even a true Disney Villain, so the Book would not likely assess him as a threat, because it ONLY recognizes the Horned King as the major threat in The Black Cauldron. This makes Arawn like a blank slate. No recognized story, which means he can easily slip through the cracks and use the hidden spaces between stories to gather an army, and even gather allies OUTSIDE the Book. That is what would certainly make Arawn Death-Lord so dangerous.

And as I said...Twilight and her friends may be able to defeat him in the final battle...but his end HAS to come from his predestined destroyer, which is Taran (this is how he died in the Chronicles of Prydain book series). Plus...the only thing that could kill Arawn forever is Dyrnwyn (i.e. the sword Taran found under the Horned King's castle), and only Taran can wield it.

but even his army know went retreat

I don't quite understand what you're typing. Please slow down and read what you type before you send it out.

so mayabe before taran killed arwen there could be this big speech by twilight on how walt inspired many people to dream

Well, this wouldn't be like anything found in a Friendship is Magic story, you know. This wouldn't be a situation where the usual grand speech would fit in. This would be more like an Avengers: Endgame final battle scenario meets the last battle at Hogwarts in The Deathly Hallows, Part 2.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Makes logical sense. Not all stories can end 'happily' in a sense. There's bound to be a form of cliffhanger that is utterly necessary to help carry the plot along. If done correctly and appropriately, it can prove itself to be a very effective tactic.

Arawn's Return and Rise to Power

Later that night, deep within the dark woods of Prydain, what remained of the Horned King’s Huntsman horde had settled into hiding as far as they could from the deathly Cauldron-Born. The darkness of the forest was broken by several roaring fires where the former soldiers sat around, commiserating their state of affairs and polishing off what little rations they had on their persons. Now without the Horned King, what dark master would these forsaken fools serve?

Suddenly, from above them, a loud SCREECH was heard over the forest treetops, the masterless either cowardly cringing without leadership or thoughtlessly preparing for battle. The screeches grew louder and louder until… the thick canopy was broken through, the sole surviving Gwythaint diving down to land among the barbarians… and with a now-maddened Creeper riding the ferocious beast.

“…Hahahaha… He’s gone. You hear that? Hahaha! The Horned King… he is GONE! Gone, gone, gone!” the cretin madly exclaimed while waving his former master’s horns as proof, dancing about on his mount’s back.

The barbarians were at shock. The Horned King had been destroyed. Now they were truly lost without a warlord to serve.

“And now… I am your master! Now, follow me! We will take back the castle and rebuild our forces! Follow me, now!” Creeper demanded as he cackled, pointing in the direction where the castle had fallen from the Cauldron’s power.

However, leaderless as they were, these huntsmen were not going to lower themselves to taking orders from… from a mad jester of all people. The hordes grumbled as they surrounded the Gwythaint, brandishing what weapons they had on them and all eager to take their pound of flesh from the lowly Creeper.

Creeper’s mad dance of power was interrupted by the disgruntled murmurs of the horde. “What the-?... Did you hear me?... The Horned King’s gone! I’m all you got now, you stupid meatheads! Do as I say!”

This only enflamed the warriors even more, just about ready to spill blood. One of the warriors roughly grabbed Creeper from the beast’s back by the back of his cloak, pulling him to his gaze. He would then slowly raise his ax to land a blow when the Gwythaint looked in a particular direction and gave a loud screech. Walking towards the bonfires, a dark robed figure slowly approached the mob before calling out to the mob in a hoarse yet stentorian voice.

“Release that pitiful creature, mortal curs!”

The warrior holding Creeper hostage turned towards the hooded stranger before looking back at the imp in his grip. Groaning reluctantly, he dropped the mad thing and walked towards the stranger. “And who’s gonna stop me? You, old man?”

As the angry barbarian raised his ax at the stranger, somehow the Gwythaint reacted defensively with a loud screech, pushing through the hordes to lift the attacker off the ground before flinging him towards a nearby tree. The draconian beast then landed right by the stranger’s side and oddly began to nuzzle at his head… with the stranger reciprocating with tender strokes along its jaw with his pale hand, speaking to the beast tenderly.

“Ahhh… my loyal pet… after all these centuries you still remember my scent. A shame your brother failed to join you now, but at least you lived to serve me once more, old girl…”

The barbarians were all dumbstruck. The Gwythaints, terrible and ferocious as they were, could hardly be tamed without being chained, not even by the Horned King who had used fear and pain to train obedience into them. But for a Gwythaint to defend a stranger so willingly and to show such affection? The hordes were in shock… but Creeper realized one thing. “Only one power could tame the beast so easily…”

Creeper hopped his way towards the stranger, looking up at him as a word escaped from his lips. “… Ma… Ma… Master? Is that… truly you?”

The hooded figured looked down at the now-humbled creature before grabbing him by the collar of his cloak to raise him so that his eyes were at level with the stranger. In the darkness of the hood, the flickering of the flames behind Creeper helped to make out an ashen face with one eye pale and cloudy and the other blazing like freshly-slit blood. Soon, a toothy smile could be made out from the blazing flames.

“… It comforts me to know that my most loyal minion remembers his true master… even while serving temporarily under another…”

Creeper gasped as he now knew who the stranger was. “Lord… Lord Arawn! Master, you’ve come back! I-I never lost faith! Never!” he exclaimed as the former Death-Lord of Annuvin put Creeper down, who turned back towards the confused rogues. “… What are you nitwits doing standing there?! Out of the way! Your master is exhausted! Make way, make way! Make way to the fire!” Creeper demanded as he tugged at his master’s robes while Arawn slowly walked his way closer to the fire.

The horde cautiously stepped out of the way before Arawn remembered the barbarian who tried to attack him. He veered from the fire to walk towards the brute who was regaining his bearings before finding his face covered by Arawn’s bare hand.

“You dared to harm the master of death?... You will learn respect for the power I command…”

After Arawn’s foreboding warning, a white glow began burning against his victim’s face, emitting howls of pain from him while his pupils became like pinpricks. The screams of torment immediately put the fear of death in the huntsmen while Creeper looked on, taking a sadistic pleasure from this.

“For the Lord of Death, you will now serve!”

Arawn soon pulled his hand, leaving a pale burn mark from where he had held the brute’s face before his victim fell face-forward onto the ground. Still and silent he was at first for a brief moment… until he abruptly rose up, his eyes now colored like Arawn’s and his face directed at the sky as he made a loud war cry, shouting out Arawn’s name in a forced rage before he bowed at his feet in blind obedience. Arawn then turned to the remaining huntsmen who looked on in fear.

“This huntsman has now been Marked by his Lord of Death. But because of his disrespect, his free will has been surrendered to the darkness! Come forward and accept my Mark freely, and you shall be rewarded! Serve your Lord willingly and become my new soldiers, and my Mark shall give you all the strength of a hundred armies! Die for your Lord, and what strength you carried will be passed onto your brothers-in-arms! Those who accept my Mark will no longer know fear, fatigue, or pain! Soon... all of Prydain and the worlds beyond this one will know of your new might and resolve, and they will learn to fear you as they will relearn to fear me! Because we are the people of Annuvin! No... we are Annuvin! We... are... DEATH! And let he who commandeth death... commandeth EVERYTHING!!!

The horde, having realized the power of this new (or rather old) warlord, gave out a cry, rallying to their new master, with Creeper swiftly joining right beside his old master. One by one, the disorganized rabble would willingly accept Arawn’s Mark, becoming stronger and more unified than they had been under the Horned King, Arawn’s treacherous second-in-command. One great threat to Prydain may have been stopped… but an ancient, greater threat would soon fill that void, much to the ignorance of the good-hearted.

Comment posted by theovine93 deleted May 27th, 2021

Also, how would any of you about Arawn having planned out for his return in the form of a curse he devised himself?

"In order for my spell to have worked, I had to ensure that when the Black Cauldron was found, three tributes would be offered to make my return to flesh absolute," Arawn explained to his followers as he held up a finger. "First, a body unwillingly given through an offering of the dead. The tribute of bone and decay would awaken the Cauldron, and by extension myself, as well as my power over the dead, only to then grant me bone upon my release."

He raised a second finger. "Second, a living being willingly sacrificed to reverse the Cauldron's power. This would allow my awakened spirit to re-absorb the power I had lost, using the Cauldron as a conduit, only to later bestow onto me new flesh and blood."

He then raised a third. "And finally... a victim forcibly taken, from which I could absorb the life essence needed to revitalize the body of new flesh and bone. By then... my spirit will have already merged with the new body, allowing me to escape from the Cauldron itself and walk on my two feet."

"And now... with these three sacrifices completed, I can now complete my destiny, not just in Prydain... but in every world within and beyond the Book of Disney! Soon, all will watch... as the worlds END!!!"

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Neatly done. Oh yes... I could visualize this happening.

That is actually very clever, if this was all planned out in order for his resurrection to commence.

Well, I also drew a bit of inspiration from the TMNT (2012) episode "End Times", in which Kavaxas explained the three deeds he needed to do in order to unleash the Netherworld on the Earth: destroy a powerful warrior, resurrect an evil warrior, and destroy the seal which bound Kavaxas to its will, as well as a bit of the ritual used to bring back Voldemort (bone unwillingly given, flesh willingly sacrificed, and blood forcibly taken).

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Ah ha... I don't remember seeing that episode. Probably a 'long', long time ago. But yeah, that does make sense. I think this would be a good way to include Arawn in the series somehow.

Plus, it would be a perfect way to demonstrate his abilities as a magic-user and as a strategist~

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh, no doubt about it. I believed that after reading the whole thing alone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21