Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Light Heart101
Group Contributor

The Ultima

Written by

ThePinkedWonder

Summary:

Out of nowhere, King Sombra returned to take over Equestria and turn everypony into his brainwashed servants. Sombra destroyed the Elements of Harmony, sealing his victory. Or so he thought.

After Discord tapped into a near-unstoppable power, the full power of Princess Twilight Sparkle, Sombra found himself in trouble.

Will Sombra's magic be enough to survive the Princess of Friendship's wrath? If he lives, how will Twilight punish him? And should she watch her back...?

The final part (I think) of this amazing punishment saga.

Analysis: The writer told me after the last part of the punishment saga that he was afraid that this story would not be able to live up to the others. I actually think that this story is a great conclusion. Also, such punishment is worse than death. (Spoilers) This story stuck with the pattern of unique punishments, from having to listen to Twilight's friendship speeches five hours to having your consciousness is trapped in a lightless void and forced to hear the voice of Pinkie Pie screaming Twilight’s friendship speeches.

There is a reason why Twilight holds back, and why the Ultima is so much more terrifying. It is interesting to see a punishment that nopony but Twilight, Spike, and Starlight knew about. It feels like a nice way to wrap up this amazing series. If you have read the others, then this is the epic conclusion to this punishment saga.

Writing: 9/10 I know that I am not the best at grammar, so my main goal with reviewing stories is to make sure it's readable and to point out some errors that I see. Whenever I give a 10, that means that I'm not finding any errors, but it never means that I didn't miss anything. Either way, this is well written. There was just one glaring error in the final part of the story.

Something even Twilight, at her most angry, was hesitant to show Sombra, much less her friends:

I would drastically change this sentence due to the errors in grammar.

It is something that even Twilight at her fiercest was hesitant to show Sombra, much less her friends.

The plot of the story. 10/10 This series is based on Twilight letting loose when she gets angry and taking the plot of the main cannon and twisting it around to where the villain gets traumatized. The ability to come up with such comedic methods of torment is a true gift (I think). So judging this as a series and even the individual part of Sombra getting his taste of torment leaves us with an amazing and unique storyline.

Story flow. 10/10 This story does a lot better job of building up this final punishment than the last story and has a nice twist ending that connected the last story to this one. Starlight ends up using the same spell to give Twilight the Ultima too. It's best that Twilight knows never to use this spell again. The Ultima has to be against the geneva convention. It's able to keep you invested and curious throughout the whole story.

Final score: 29/30 9.6/10

This is an incredible series taking a unique take on the fates of the villains. I recommend any reader who wants a good laugh to read the whole series. There are some very clever twists in it. As for the writer, I applaud his sense of comedy and highly recommend that he keeps up his creative style. I can't wait to see what other hilarious stories he comes up with.

Glad to hear that you didn't think this was the let-down I felt it was, and thanks a lot for the review. And yep, "The Ultima" was the final part of my punishment mini-series.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2