Rare Story Prompts 81 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Greetings my good ladies and gentlemen, on this delightful Spring evening. May you be full of barbecue and beer, as I currently am.

Once again, I would like to thank all the authors who entered our first contest. For the record, the prompt:

First or second person HiE, with a FEMALE point of view character

With that said, all fics have been read, and Shrink Laureate and I have come to a decision. The winner of the contest is:

This fic was exactly the sort of thing I had hoped for when I pitched this group: a lovely little adventure, unlike anything else on site. As Shrink Laureate eloquently put it:

Hannah Hawes, Shop Assistantmade the best use of the rare story prompt to create a living character and tell an entertaining story. The duo of woman and pegasus allowed for some interesting solutions and some nice character moments; and the second-person view into Hannah's thoughts was used to sell the adventure story.

For myself, I found Hannah to be a delightful and engaging adventuring companion; no mean feat in a story told in the second person perspective. Thus, I send my congratulations to Admiral Biscuit on his win, and invite him to claim his prize.

A second Contest will be posted in the near future. I invite suggestions for a suitable prompt.

This was fun. How soon are you thinking of running another one? Presumably not until you have both a prompt and a judge lined up.

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

I figured a couple of weeks 'til a month. I don't want to overdo it, but it would be good to keep up momentum.

I send my congratulations to Admiral Biscuit on his win

:heart:

and invite him to claim his prize.

Ooh, I've got just the one, if you're willing to review mature (for sex).

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

No problem. Please pm me the details and I will write it.

As I said in ABG's blog post before I realized that this was the main thread:
Congratulations to 6427225!

… Who has been racking up quite a string of contest wins lately. Clearly I need to send some drones to replace him (y'know, as perfectly normal ponies do) and bring even more wins under the Horizon brand. :trixieshiftright:

Congratulations toAdmiral Biscuit!

Thanks!

… Who has been racking up quite a string of contest wins lately. Clearly I need to send some drones to replace him (y'know, as perfectly normal ponies do) and bring even more wins under the Horizon brand.

You'll never have me. :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8