Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
DrakeyC
Group Admin

I had intended to finish this and release it sooner, but work has kinda stalled because I hit the very boring and monotonous part, and it's still helpful so here it is now - the Filly Fantasy VI grand database!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qzIWNQgxCA0nkqOqcXwK6w2vf-JHVUSqKc5fHJbDjL8/edit

Included fully functional now are the Equipment list, Esper list, Spell list, and abilities including Lore and Party. Emulate is about 1/3 done, and Enemies, Bosses, Coliseum, and Morph, are not yet done. I'm working on them off and on.

As part of this, various minor tweaks were made to some things. Nothing major, just streamlining some things.

Equipment changes

• Adamant Sword replaced with Golden Lance (previously the strongest non-elemental lance was Silver).
  • Cloud Dagger changed to Spark Dagger, Lightning-elemental. Power lowered from 70 to 60 (this will make it more useful in the early game against aquatic and mechanical enemies)
  • Rune Sabre removed from the game, a rare item with limited usage anyway - it has been replaced with the Silver Harness, a light armor sold with other Silver gear at the end of the World of Harmony in Rainbow Falls (previously Silver was missing from the Harness set, it went Steel-Gold-Adamant)
  • Sturdy Bit renamed Steel Bit (consistency in naming)
  • Some shop items in World of Chaos adjusted (mostly just because I like shops to have themes and not just sell random stuff).
  • Silver Bit MDef lowered from 16 to 14, Golden Bit MDef lowered from 17 to 15. Intent is for them to be slightly lower than Silver and Golden Shafrons.
  • Silver Saddle DEF raised from 53 to 55 and MDef from 37 to 39, greater boost over Steel
  • Steel Harness redistributed - no longer usable by Flash, equippable by Fluttershy, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Pinkie, Scootaloo, Trixie, and Apple Bloom (consistency in "Harness"-type armor being for "light" characters; Golden and Adamant Harnesses had proper distribution already)
  • Magic Saddle made universal armor and casts Shell, to match Magic Splint
  • Support Bit added to Trottingham shop (just to have some sort of head armor for sale, if someone needs one)
  • Silver Splint sold in Neighshe on the second visit replaced with Steel Splint. Rune Bit, Reinforced Bit, and Gale Shafron removed, Steel Bit, Steal Harness and Steel Saddle added (the three helmets are still sold in the southern cities, the Harness and Saddle were previously only sold in Baltimare in the World of Harmony)
  • Steel Saddle removed from Fillydelphia/Tzen in World of Chaos (redundant, superior Silver Saddle sold here too)
  • Golden Saddle added to Appleloosa in World of Chaos (it's sold at Ponyville two minutes later, why not?)
  • Golden Bit and Golden Shafron added to Trottingham in World of Chaos (they're available elsewhere but for convenience)
  • The Crusader Cape was accidentally dummied out with no way to acquire it. It has been added to a chest in Applejack's Nightmare, replacing a Frost Splint
  • Padded Shafron added to Fluttershy as initial equip
  • Applejack's initial armor and helmet changed from Padded Saddle and Padded Shafron to Iron Saddle and Iron Shafron (minor buff, and shouldn't Applejack be armored up for battle in the gear the town she's defending sells?)
  • Katanas got increased power. The Golden Katana, previously in the game but not available anyway, was added to World of Chaos shops
  • Light Shoe and Sturdy Shoe no longer give any Defense (holdover from base game)
  • Rainbow's initial armor changed from Steel Harness to Steel Saddle (an oversight, she can't equip the Harness normally), initial weapon changed from Iron Spear to Steel Spear
  • Ultimate weapons teach their spells faster. Trixie's Magic Wand now teaches Slowga.
  • Some armor defense stats adjusted so that species-specific armor is not always universally preferably to generic armor.

Other changes

• Fillydelphia and Vanhoover switched names just for geological sense (Vanhoover being the north-western city now, and Fillydelphia being near Manehattan and Baltimare).
  • Betting the Adamant Splint at the Coliseum now wins a Flame Splint (ergo starting the betting chain to Frost and Thunder)
  • Flamesaber, Frost Sword, and Thunderblade award the Horn Sabre instead of the removed Rune Sabre
  • Joust Armor awards Pansy's Helm instead of Dingy Dress
  • Spell learn lists for Twilight, Cadance, and Celestia tweaked. Esper spells taught tweaked, mostly increasing learn rates or removing redundancies (like five different Espers teaching Protect and Shell)
  • The Air Anchor has been replaced with the Bazooka, a Weapon that launches a multi-target defense-ignoring attack on all enemies.
  • The Imp icon in the menu is now a proper Spike icon
  • Starflower Esper and Sword renamed "Magic Coin", summon graphic changed. Effect is the same
  • When attacking the Esper in a battle cutscene at Rainbow Falls, Discord turns them into a proper Magicite crystal

Your forgot to mention the extra Katana that was also dummied out and should be distributed in the WoC now. Plus that all katanas are generally stronger as well.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Strange, I remember us talking about them but apparently forgot to actually up their power. Thanks, download updated

:facehoof: Which means now I have to redownload it again. :derpytongue2:

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Sorry, my bad.

:derpytongue2: Yep, you cost me all of fifteen seconds!

What are the plans for future updates?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

None right now. As I work through Emulates, Enemies, and Bosses, may make some tweaks to them. This wasn't planned to be such an extensive update, but in the act of consolodating all I'd done into lists and looking at it, I noticed some oversights and some poor design choices.

Might be a good change of pace to switch over and start compiling the boss list since there are far fewer of those than the 256 or so random encounter enemies that are in the game. Be a good chance to look them over for overall difficulty and move sets too.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Aye, and Emulates are useful but tedious and taking a long time.

At the moment though my plate is full of fanfics.

I have an idea for how that goes. For my upcoming Breath of Fire 3 LP I'm taking the time to write down the stats, weaknesses, drops, steals, and even AI scripts of all the enemies in the game and that is quite tedious as well. I haven't written any fanfics for quite some time now since I started Let's Playing even though I still have some unfinished stories as well as some new ideas.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11