Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
DrakeyC
Group Admin

Let the game begin.

A couple notes on this version. First, there are still placeholder sprites, lots of them. Don't mind them, they won't mind you. :raritywink:

Second, I played right to the end to check glitches. There is one unresolved glitch present; currently Trixie and Maud share a spell list, and accordingly Trixie is able to equip Espers and learn magic permanently from them rather than how Gogo's magic work. All things considered this is a minor bug that I don't expect will significantly impact gameplay, so I can live with it and see if someone can fix it at a later date.

That aside, though, in terms of technical and gameplay changes, this is very close to a final version. Ideally, if this is glitch free and had all the graphics it needed, this would be a final release. But no to the latter and probably not to the former, so it's still a beta, but I'm calling it the final beta.

Well, enough of my rambling. Enjoy! :pinkiehappy:

The place holder sprites are actually stariing at me... HELP :pinkiegasp:

Jk, I'll start this game right now!

I try to open it and winrar gives me an error message saying "unexpected end of archive" and the only thing in it is the credits.txt

7-zip tells me the folder can't be opened as an archive

I tried opening with winzip and I got the "not a valid archive" error message.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5235071 link updated

Comment posted by Bad Dragon deleted May 16th, 2016
Comment posted by DrakeyC deleted May 16th, 2016
Comment posted by Bad Dragon deleted May 16th, 2016

I found out that Flash isn't starting anymore with the Thief Shoes, intended change?

DrakeyC
Group Admin
Comment posted by ZeroPone deleted May 16th, 2016

What's with all the deleted comments?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5235564 ZeroPone, I think he deleted his own, never saw what it said. The other three, a minor argument that served no purpose to keep.

Good thing I got off of work earlier than I was expecting. Time for a more thorough Test Run.

5235644 Ye, I've deleted it because i can't read the whole first post and it was useless to keep that.
Until now my playthrough is going really well since I've decided to grind up on the raft part up to lv.20 and still risked to have Zecora being cheapshotted by Mane-iac combo >_>
Having two magic users up that point made the early game more forgiving on healing sources (less Noise Blaster abusing =w=)

But, there's something strange on Scoot overworld sprite.
There's a screenshot right here:
https://gyazo.com/8db29bb8e477037f16310d0900b1cd4f

But if you control her, she has her usual color
https://gyazo.com/db2de9c6c86d2afa8971d283521de26c

Edit # 1
Found a similar overworld sprite issue on Shadow/F-Shy Dream
https://gyazo.com/d7eb46fe4b6010954fb04b57354d864f

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Does Scootaloo's sprite always look like that, or only for the Narshe battle?

Always happens if she's not into a party.
If it can help, I'm using the snes9x as emulator to run the game, I can give you a savestate on Narshe after the battle so you can see it by yourself.
Sadly, I can't reproduce the Shadow/F-Shy dream anymore since I've saved after triggering all the cutscenes

DrakeyC
Group Admin

That's fine, I understand the problem. Thanks.

You're welcome, btw Celestia's a monster now.
On the magitek laboratory she hits like 1.2k average with level 1 black magic on weak spots and single target.
Off course I gave her all the mag.power items + 2 jewel rings, feels so good =w=
But the revenge counter is quite nasty on that boss, had to rasp away all his MP before chainsaw/dispatch him to death since he was changing his weakness WAY too much, giving me no chances to actually hit him with spells

Edit #1
I found out that Ascend is still usable after the timer runs out

Edit# 2
Copied the post on the right thread

BTW, it looks like Snips and Snails somehow got the wrong palette for their menu icons. They are now in purple armor with blonde manes.

Fire Blitz: Link removed because I posted this in the wrong place. Drakey, if you need it still, I'm PM it to you.
I don't recall if Gogo's shows afterimages of Gogo or Sabin, so if Maud can change her commands, her image is unchanged

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I think Gogo uses the same graphics.

FYI, Angel and Spike are next on my todo list once the Espers are done.
I didn't do any today since I had to work late, but I'm going to try and get a bunch done over the weekend.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24