Filly Fantasy VI 280 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
DrakeyC
Group Admin

Apologies for the lack of an update last week. There were some technical difficulties concerning the hack that at the time were unresolved, and I didn't want to post here that "well, I've done this stuff, but it might be flushed down the tubes if we can't fix a problem we're having." Fortunately, the difficulties were resolved and the work was not flushed.

The last couple weeks have concerned event editing, so I'm going to spoiler tag some story-related stuff and you can decide if you want to know what's different there.

- Maud is now properly unequipped by the airship guy, and by equipping or de-equipping the Light Shoe and Sturdy Shoe (Gauntlet and Genji Glove)
- Maud and Scootaloo don't repeat themselves in their endings.
- In Fluttershy's ending, she now flies away out of the tower.
- In the Sunset Shimmer flashback scene, rocks have been added to the scene to justify Sunset's fear for Flash.
- In the Esper World flashback scene, Night Light now escapes with baby Twily and is not struck down by Sombra.
- My bonus boss has been added. Currently, it replaces the "Emperor's Letter" event (that item is now unobtainable, a rather meaningless thing IMHO) and is initiated by inspecting Sombra's portrait in the art gallery. From that description, I'm sure you can figure out who the boss is :raritywink:. Some tweaks to how the battle works will be done at a later date. I intend for the fight to only be do-able after defeating the Founders in Discord's Tower, and if the player loses they respawn in the gallery instead of getting a Game Over.

In gameplay tweaks

- Missile and Comet had their properties adjusted a bit. Comet is now blockable and Missile deals physical damage.
- The Tantabus' AI script has been changed
- The CloudEssence/Cherub Down has been changed to the Hyper Wrist. I felt this was the easiest Relic to cut, as it doesn't have a lot of uses beyond the Dirt Dragon and my dragons are supposed to be tougher anyway.
- More sprites from the awesome RydelFox. :pinkiehappy:

With the event editing done, it's time for another round of playtesting. I'll be playing through the game fully before making this version available, as I have to make sure Maud's magic is working properly and the above stuff with the bonus boss also works (I have to play through the game without triggering the Emperor's Letter event, something downloaded save files don't do). I'm taking a week off to just do some other things and get some real life stuff out of the way, and the playthrough will begin by next weekend at the latest.

Hopefully the newest version will be made available to you all by the end of the month, and if all goes well at that point, an official release of the finished hack will come in May. :yay:

Sounding good!

Awesomepossums! Looking forward to seeing this maybe come out next month.

It's also great to hear that RydelFox is coming through with those sprites.

Is Missile useful now that its physical considering Rarity's terrible vigor stat? Or a better question would be: does the monster you learn it from also let Scootaloo learn it, in which case she could potentially make some use of it?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

What do you mean let Scootaloo learn it?

I think he's asking if Missile is part of any monster's Rage

DrakeyC
Group Admin

If that's so, then yeah, Scootaloo has it from some monster.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7