Filly Fantasy VI 280 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27
DrakeyC
Group Admin

New Changes

- The Auto Crossbow and Bio Blaster have higher power. This should make the early game more forgiving.
- SwdTech charges faster; I had previous said it already does, but it appears I was wrong and my memory of the original game was flawed. The new speed is noticeably faster.
- Celestia and Luna have switched base stats; Celestia now has better physical stats, Luna has better magical stats. This will hopefully make Celestia better in the early game and Luna better in general.
- Numerous typoes and graphical errors have been fixed.
- The World of Ruin up to Kefka's Tower (meaning all optional content in the World of Ruin) has been played by me and balance and glitch tested.
- Some enemy drops, chest contents, and Coliseum wagers, have been changed to ensure all items, if not farmable in unlimited amounts, are available in some manner. If you have not reached the World of Ruin yet, most of these changes won't affect your game.
Warning - - Currently Maud/Umaro's spell learning is glitched. She can equip Espers and summon them, but cannot learn magic. Resolving this is my Number 1 priority and a fixed Rom will be uploaded ASAP.

Changes carrying over from March 6th update
- A glitched encounter formation in the Phantom Train has been fixed.
- A glitch regarding Twilight's flying after the encounter with the Esper has been fixed.
- The World of Ruin up to Darill's Tomb and Mobliz, Jidoor, Zozo, the Veldt, and the Phoenix Cave, with related quests, have been played and glitch-tested.
- A minor graphical issue in the Narshe battle classes building has been fixed.
- The Thief Shoe has been added to the Ponyville item shop. Players that sell theirs are able to purchase a new one to properly complete Flash's scenario.
- The Stone Shaffron has been removed from the Neighshe shop.
- Some balance adjustments to the enemies on Mt. Kolts and the Lete River.

I hope to finish Kefka's Tower by the weekend and will post a new version then if there are any changes to be made. Else, while my own playthrough will be done, I'll of course continue to fix reported errors and provide updated roms.

The problem with Maud could be similar to Gogo who is literally incapable of accumulating magic points. Apparently this is linked to why Gogo can't uncurse the Cursed Shield.

I'm thinking it might be possible to fix, in the Return of the Dark Sorcerer FF6 hack, "Gogo" can learn spells like every other character.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Aye, and I'm seeing what could be done with that.

If all else fails, the easiest, if not optimal, solution is to just not give Maud a magic command. She'd still be able to equip Espers for stat boosts, though. As is she's got the worst MP and magic of the cast, so you probably wouldn't be using her to cast spells anyway, save for status stuff.

While we're on the topic of Umaro, in early versions of Pony Fantasy VI, Derpy had a few fun glitches attached to her. For example, the game doesn't register to auto equip or un-equip her whenever you use the Genji Glove, so if you equipped her with the Genji Glove, manually equipped two weapons, and un-equipped the Genji Glove, she would still wield the two weapons. It was fixed by preventing her from using this relic as well as the Guantlet, which was a slight detriment to her, though there could be a way to make the game recognize it.
Another one was the airship pony not un-equipping her when you opted to un-equip everyone which was eventually fixed.
I don't know if Maud has had any of these problems since I haven't gotten that far yet, but just in case I figured I would mention them.
If you don't give her a magic command then would she get something else or would that slot just be empty?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

It would just be empty. As-is, she has no special ability, she's just a physical powerhouse.

Right, I just had a rather nasty break in the into, after Snips and Snails got vanished by Tritorch. Right when it was about ready to torch the Crystal Armor, the game bugged out and started to loop this.

Comment posted by DrakeyC deleted Mar 10th, 2016
DrakeyC
Group Admin

5099369 Fast forward the emulator and see if the game continues eventually.

In the meantime, has anyone else had this?

I just went through intro and it bugged out for me too. It did continue to waking in Neighshe normally after.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Ho boy. Okay, thanks everyone. I'll try to have a look.

I've noticed Applejack's Swdtechs do fill faster, which is good. However, in some battles, seemingly based on the enemies I'm against, it will fill incredibly fast, rapidly switching between all the numbers I have available. One time, I was charging while Applejack was using retort, and the meter shot all the way up to 8 and I used Cleave, despite only having access to 1 through 4. I didn't get a picture because of how quickly it all happened, but this is something that should probably be looked into. I might try and see if I can get it to go beyond the limit again.

First,the IAF. The IAF itself was fine. Ultros looked a bit like a normal pony outside of battle, however.

The battle after that was amazing. Lots of missiles though.

I'm currently on the Floating continent. Not sure if I should continue until I know if the Atma fight was supposed to go the way it happened. During the battle, it charged it's attack (Moonblaster, I think?), fired, and did enough damage to wipe my party if they were at full health. Then the battle immediately ended, Fluttershy left as normal, and all my characters were alive at 1 HP. I don't want to continue past this point if this wasn't how the fight was supposed to end, since it wouldn't be a fair victory. Was that how the battle was meant to end?

Auugh, why did the image break?
Here's a direct link. http://i.imgur.com/N6mfAN1.png

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5099795 That is very odd, the enemy formation should have no effect on SwdTech charge speed.

As for the Atma fight, no, that's not how the battle was meant to go at all. Very, very odd.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Do you guys who have experienced these glitches have a save state or save file from before the glitch happened that you could pass along to me?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5jhddy4betull9z/Beta_Version.srm

First file is Floating Continent, second is start of WoR. Most battles on the Floating Continent had strange effect on SwdTech, so it shouldn't be too hard to see if it happens.

I renamed the smc file from "Beta Version3" to just "Beta Version" so the save would work with it. Maybe part of the problem is that I've been using the same save with every new version?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

It shouldn't be, but I can check. Thanks.

The flying unit sprites just before the floating continent looked a bit green and funky.
And I gotta give you points for the Air Force sprite. Was pretty funny.
Buttons eye is completely white, think you could add a black pixel to it?
And please tell me Shadow is at his usual spot in the WoR, waiting on the floating continent just gave me a game over.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5100443 Ah yes, the Air Force boss. One of my favorite parts of this hack.

The green sprites are a placeholder, in the final product the enemies may look different, but for now the air force field sprites look vaguely green and blue-ish, like the enemies.

Started the WoR. Got the Airship and things are good. I haven't decided the order I'm going to do things yet.

When I went to see Twilight, they say "Come one", instead of "Come on".

Also, for whatever reason, I went and got the Greatest and most Powerfullest of unicorns. She's just a bit off colour as the lead member outside of battles.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5100876 Did you specifically recruit Trixie, or did she somehow appear in the party?

I recruited her. Sorry if I made it sound like she just appeared.

5097550 Odd. The archive tripped an heuristic alert from Windows Defender. It's not actually calling it malicious, but it's asking to have the file send to Microsoft for analysis, to improve its heuristic engine. Any word on how I should proceed?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

At this rate it would not surprise me. :p

For your file there isn't much I can do for that, as palettes are assigned on party recruitment. Unless you have a quicksave or saved game from before recruitment and are willing to lose that data. But it has been fixed for future players.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5100892 What archive?

5100897 Beta Version 3.7z

ETA: That is to say, the 7zip archive hosted on MediaFire containing the rom.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I have no idea then, dunno why Windows would do that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27