Filly Fantasy VI 280 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
DrakeyC
Group Admin

Okay, a good week of work here! Let's recap the progress.

Enemies

Enemies have been rebalanced. This includes:

- Most enemies have higher stats. They have more HP, more defense, and more attack power. The end result, enemies last a bit longer and deal a bit more damage. This applies double to bosses; some of them have been significantly made stronger, some have different battle gimmicks, and a couple are immune to status ailments that made the fight too easy. And if you're thinking of that one in particular - yeah, Berserk doesn't work on him anymore. Enjoy! :scootangel:
- A subnote to the above - the Eight Dragons have been universally buffed with much higher HP and much stronger attacks. Mess with them and they will end you, now. As a note, though, the increased difficulty is justified - of the fourteen ultimate weapons in the game, eight of them are acquired by fighting the Eight Dragons. You're going to have to work for them.
- Enemies are more aggressive. A lot of enemies had chances to do nothing on their attack turns; these have generally been removed. Enemies will attack more often, they have stronger attacks, and many unique status attacks that inflicted a status but dealt no damage, now deal damage.
- Item drops, steals, and morphs with Ragnarok, are different. Some items are more farmable than they were before, if a player has the patience to hunt down the right enemies. In particular, X-Potions and X-Ethers can be stolen, dropped, or morphed from some enemies, but only a few.

Abilities

- Due to a technical limitation, the Death spell is now back in the game. To make room for it in the spelllist, Holy has been moved to White Magic, and Cure 4 is removed. The other new spells (Image, Tremor, Wave, Gust, Scorch, Freeze, Storm, and Flood) are still in the game.
- Strago/Rarity's new Lores Mudslide, Moonbeam, Comet, and Missile, have been distributed among enemies so Rarity has a chance to see and learn them properly. Numerous other new enemy-exclusive attacks also exist.
- Rages were adjusted. Gau/Scootaloo is still powerful, but not as much.

Sprites

- Esper sprites have been replaced. Some of them are unique art or vectors I found (If I didn't say so previously - all image sources are being noted to ask for permission and give proper credit to the artists), others are recolors of G4 vectors.

The next major piece of work, and the last one before playtesting can start, is enemy sprites. Which leads me into the weekly plea:

ARTISTS, I NEED YOU!

If you know of an artist, vector or sprite, that may want to help out, ask them for me or pass me their contact info. If you see a neat bit of pony sprite work and think it could be used, let me know. Even if it can't be used, let me know, I'll ask the artist if they take requests. I can do a bit with recolored and edited vectors for some characters, but others, there's no two ways around it - I need artists. Please get the word out and let's make this happen.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1