Audio Drama Fics 106 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 54 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 54
Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

PEOPLE, PLEASE STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS THAT ARE RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD. IF YOUR COMMENT IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE FOUND IN HERE, FROM NOW ON, I WILL TELL YOU TO READ THIS COMMENT.

Here's a contest!

Here's what it will be about: I want you to make a fic, and it can be any genre you want. You can write about anything you want (no Mature stories, though), but here's the catch - it has to be a great idea for an audio drama.

Only submit one story. If you submit more than one, the one you turned in first will be the contest story. I prefer one-shots, but if you want to make multiple chapters, that is more than welcome. I would also like you to turn in a new and fresh story, to prevent cheating (you'll see what I mean in the part where I tell you how you'll be judged).

Today is February 2, so the contest will be over... let's say, March 10. I'll announce the winners on March 12.

You will all be judged on a 100 point scale - 40 points for grammar, 5 points for creativity, 30 points for the story itself, and, the biggie, 25 points for the story's rating. Audio dramas are mostly based on highly popular fics, so the popularity has to be as high as it can get! For that step, you are allowed to promote your story wherever you'd like, including here. But, do not go to unfair advantages, as in telling people to up-vote your story. It is unfair, and if you do so, you will be disqualified and I will give you a strike.

Now, here's what you really want to hear: the prizes! They will be story-based, such as collabs and all that jazz.

3rd Place: You get to collab with me! We'll PM each other discussing what we want the story to be about, and we'll talk about details and add our own twist to the story. Classic collab stuff.

2nd Place: You get the 3rd Place prize, and I will write you a story about your OC! You'll give me the details on your OC, tell me how s/he'd act in a situation, and it can be any genre you would like! It just can't be Mature, I don't do that type of stuff.

1st Place: Ooh, this is a huge prize! You will not get the prizes above, because this one skyrockets through the building! If you are first place... you get moldy bread and stinky cheese! :pinkiehappy: Okay, just kidding. What you really get is... an opportunity to actually turn your fic into an audio drama, and I will help write the script and help you plan everything! The voice actors, the art, everything! Big prize, am I right or am I right? Please take note that this is an opportunity. If you do not want to accept this prize, then you may have a collab with me, and two stories written by me about your OC.

Here are the story validation rules:

- When you finish the fic, put it in the folder called Best Audio Drama Fic Contest
- No Mature tag
- There must be a link to this thread in the long description
- Your story MUST BE COMPLETE

Good luck to those who enter! I hope to see a lot of fics!

When you say 25 points for story rating, what does that mean?

5022678 ok, a few questions as im a addict to contests:pinkiecrazy:

with this being an audio drama group and the first prize is an audio drama of the fic...how must dialogue will be required?

also is teen rating good for a story? like it has subject matter of odd proportions but it passes for teen rating.

how long does it need to be? as im into one-shots

Can we team up or have an editor look at it?

thank you for your time.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Twenty-five points will count as how popular your story is. It'll be judged on how many up-votes and down-votes you have. Say, if someone's story had, like, 150 likes and 16 dislikes, then that's a pretty popular story. If one had 9 likes and 4 dislikes, then that other story with 150 up-votes is gonna wreck you. Also, if a story has more down-votes than up-votes, then the 25 points for popularity will be pretty slim.

Do you get it now?

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Okay:

with this being an audio drama group and the first prize is an audio drama of the fic...how must dialogue will be required?

As much dialogue as you want, as long as there is some.

also is teen rating good for a story? like it has subject matter of odd proportions but it passes for teen rating.

Yes, Teen ratings are fine, as long as it isn't Mature. Says so in the rules.

how long does it need to be? as im into one-shots

There is no limit. Just... try to limit yourself from making the next Divergent or Harry Potter. :rainbowlaugh:

Can we team up or have an editor look at it?

If team up you mean by collabing, yes, you can. But that story will be the story you both turn in, and you cannot submit another story after that. For example, if the story is posted on your account and the other person who helped write posted a story they wrote on their own, it will be rejected. Same goes for vice versa.

And yes, you can have an editor look over it. They will also be allowed to submit their own story as well.

Yeah. I was just concerned about the newer writers, who don't have that big of an audience and therefore will have less votes. I mean, some people get enough votes that double digits down doesn't even matter; but there could be people who get only twelve votes so three down could be devastating to their ratio.

5022678 Can you submit stories you have already written?

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Yeah, kind of what I was thinking. That's why I added that everyone was allowed to promote their story.

No, it already says that in the rules. I'm trying to prevent cheating, because I know that people will choose their highest-rated fic for the popularity portion.

5022792 Oh okay. Sorry, didn't see that part. Thank you for letting me know.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

No problem. I hope you enter anyway!

5022827 Due to some complications, I don't think I'll be able to upload anymore stories onto this site. But I wish everyone success and good luck with the contest.

5022741 one more thing...can it be a comedy?

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Aww. :applecry: Oh well, it's not your fault. :twilightsmile:

Yes, I said it could be any genre in the rules. :ajbemused:

Interesting. I SHALL ENTER

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Great! I can't wait for your entry!

Sounds Fun!-I'll enter and see what I can come up with.

I am definitely entering.:pinkiehappy:

2 questions

1. is genderswap or having genderswap characters is allowed?

2. Does it have to take place in the Pony world or is Equestria Girls okay as well?

I think that's covered under this rule:

You can write about anything you want (no Mature stories, though), but here's the catch - it has to be a great idea for an audio drama.

What's the chapter limit to story entries with multiple chapters?

5022678 count me in.

But I do have a question. How many words does it need to have? minimum?

And here's a thing, don't you think that giving points for popularity is a bit unfair? I mean.... a writer with 300 followers will obviously have more views then a writer with 30 followers. And thus, the one with 300 will have more people to rate his story (and will ask for up votes to win)
So, the one with 30 followers, will have to write a story, much better to get as many views as the one with 300 followers.
Not to mention how delicate the time of submitting your story is....

Given my track record of being unable to write more than a couple hundred words for any given contest so far, I doubt I'll be able to participate in this... :ajsleepy:

However, there's something I'd like to say:

I do not like the idea of judging stories based on their popularity like this. Not when it's 1/4th of the total score, anyway. I share 5022750's concern for the newer writers or those who don't have many followers. Precisely because you say it's okay for everyone to promote their story (5022792), the writers with the highest followers have the highest chance to win while completely leaving all the newcomers in the dust.

Looking at this group's members list (at the time of this comment's posting), the two users most likely to win those points if they enter the contest are Alex Warlorn and Misstress Spectrum, who each have over 600 followers. The third most followed user in this group at the moment, Blugrass Brooke, has under 500 followers, while about half of the group has less than 100 followers each.

That kind of popularity judging just doesn't sit very well with me for contests like this... :unsuresweetie:

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Look in the rules.

2. Does it have to take place in the Pony world or is Equestria Girls okay as well?

Again, look at the rules.

None, just limit yourself from writing the next Harry Potter. :rainbowlaugh:

I understand that. You are allowed to promote your story wherever you like. Besides, you may not have lots of points for popularity, but the story may be well written, have great grammar, and be very creative at the same time. Remember, I'm not just judging on popularity. There are other sections that will make up for that portion.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Look in the rules.

Again, look at the rules.

None, just limit yourself from writing the next Harry Potter. :rainbowlaugh:

I understand that. You are allowed to promote your story wherever you like. Besides, you may not have lots of points for popularity, but the story may be well written, have great grammar, and be very creative at the same time. Remember, I'm not just judging on popularity. There are other sections that will make up for that portion.

5024210 okay. I just hope you'll keep an eye on that :)

In that case, count me in!:raritystarry::raritywink:

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Of course, I will. I hope you enter!

Great! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

No thank you for hosting this amazing contest with a completely generous first prize:raritystarry:
Hope you enjoy my story:twilightsmile:

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Aww, thanks. :twilightblush: :pinkiehappy:

I'd love to enter my "Daughter of Magic" fic to this. But I'm not sure you take incomplete fics. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Great!

Are you people not reading the rules? :ajbemused: I said that no incomplete fics will be allowed, or pre-written fics.

Guess that puts me out of the running, since I know my fanfiction, 'The Midnight Dance' is my most popular fic and I know people would want to see it as an Audio Drama.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Why not make a new fic?

5026897 I said that it was a shame I can't enter. I'm not entering with an incomplete fic.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant it as a question. If you submitted and published it recently, you could finish it and turn it in.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Nope, sorry, you can't enter it. You could make a completely new fic though.

5026965 It is submitted and published on the site. I just haven't made it to "The End" yet and probably won't for a while.

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Yeah, and I saw when the first chapter came out: January 2015. So... I don't think you can turn it in. :applejackunsure:

5027203 I know. Good luck with the contest.

TheFanficFanPony
Group Admin

I may try. In fact, i already have one that would work awesomely! I just need to edit and complete it!

Opposite Sides

I'll have to extend the chapters and stuff...

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

But that's an old story. It says the first chapter came out in 2014.

5026897 yeah.... Sorry, had some delay.... My boyfriend broke up with me right after I said I'd join....he dumped me for someone else......
I'll try to get fto write... Really. But.... It's all a bit.... Weird now. Sorry

5026897 yeah.... Sorry, had some delay.... My boyfriend broke up with me right after I said I'd join....he dumped me for someone else......
I'll try to get fto write... Really. But.... It's all a bit.... Weird now. Sorry

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Aw, man, sorry. You can PM me if you need to talk. :fluttercry:

5032006 thank you... I'll be fine though....

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin

Okay, I hope you're still able to make an entry.

TheFanficFanPony
Group Admin

I'd better start writing if I'm going to enter or even have a chance!:pinkiegasp:

Stardom Freedom
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 54