MacinDash Community 211 members · 122 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

If you are reading this you are presumably a fan of MacinDash, so in an attempt to try and get to know my fellow fans better I ask you all this. What was it about this particular pairing that attracted you to it in the first place?

My OTP was actually Twimac before I became a MacDash fan (that story is not for here), but it was during the downtime after I dropped Twimac from OTP status and I was without an OTP for like a year before I started to really look at this ship.

I posted a whole text wall in a similar thread, but I think what created the spark that made me think about MacDash in the first place was the scene from Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. When I saw them in that scene together I really saw the potential awesomeness of those two being together. From there I began to think about things like their physical capabilities together, how Big Mac could really serve as a rock for Rainbow Dash during her emotional times she might be afraid to show others, how Rainbow could bring out more of an outgoing side of Mac, the role of Applejack would play, their foals, how it's basically the most loyal mare and the most loyal stallion, and their colors schemes together look pretty darn cool among other things.

I'm sad that the next Dash/Mac running together scene involved Mac knocking her over while he crossdressed. Can't win them all I guess. :raritydespair:

4883467 My love for the ship and Captain Unstoppable's fics brought me here.

4883467 Honestly, all the other Mac and Dash pairings were either done to death or so obscure that people don't really write about it. Plus I'm a sucker for the whole opposites attract thing. :derpytongue2:

But after thinking about their characters for a while I thought they'd fit well together. Mac being their to listen to her problems when she has them, and her outgoing nature to help him out of his shell a little. Plus, especially after the Brotherhooves Social episode, Mac does show a little competitiveness in him. Plus he raced ahead of Dash after she was way ahead! It's easy to see that he could keep up with her. :ajsmug:

But other than that, I just like the look of them together! They just...fit.

Jake's fanfiction. and some clop I read, started to investigate and then I'm here!

KarmaDash
Group Admin

4883467 I actually, have no idea when I started to ship them, it was just one of those "Oh, yeah i ship that" back in at least 2013 (Thats when i first started drawing them at least haha)

I actually just randomly came up with the idea of Rainbow Dash crashing into the Apple's orchard and getting hurt, then Mac coming and helping her. After making it a cramp instead of a broken wing like I originally had it, I developed it more and more until it was written down into a rough draft, then a final draft of my current story, Farmer's Hospitality.

And that's how I brought myself into this pairing. :rainbowkiss: :eeyup:

Captain Unstoppable
Group Admin

4883597 I feel like I am someone's sempai! I am so happy right now! You just made my day!

As for how I got here, I originally liked the idea of Mac and Cherilee together, kind of a sudden realization of feelings after the love poison thing. At this time I was still on FimFiction and could not find any, but then I found some MacDash stuff I liked, and the rest you can say is history. Maximus is what really got me into the ship.

For why I am in this group, KarmaDash stole my idea and made me a admin of it. So ya

4886410 Well, I'm glad you're happy now.

KarmaDash
Group Admin

4886410 I did not steal the idea, I had my own :trixieshiftright: I just went ahead with it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11