MacinDash Community 211 members · 122 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Ok, so we all know that Rainbow Dash is awesome right? And we all know that Mac is awesome, too.
Now, imagine their kids...

Awesomeness incarnate.

I don't think we've done a nextgen thread on here yet. So, send in your MacDash progeny.
Send in your fanart of MacDash kids.
Send in your thoughts of what those kids might be like.
Send in your comments of your favorite MacDash art and fics with kids.
What kind of parents do this group's OTP make?

I have yet to finish my design of my own MacDash children, but I'm taking inspiration from G1 Sky Dancer and Whizzer.
Sky Dancer is the oldest and more girly of the two. She's a little southern belle who loves flying, but not the same way her mother does. She prefers to fly slowly, taking a more aerial ballet approach to the activity.
Their second filly was originally named Pink Lady Apple, until she hit her flight spurt. Now they call her Whizzer. She's just as much of a tomboy as her mother. She talks a mile a minute and almost never sits still; even when mommy is telling her stories of the Wonderbolts, she'll fidget a bit.
Mac delights in his little princesses, making sure each of them knows the value of hard work, showering them with love and making sure they have everything they need.
Rainbow has a difficult time connecting with Sky Dancer, but has grown to appreciate time spent conversing over pretend tea (though she still avoids wearing the large sun hat normally required of party guests. Mac has no such problem.) Whizzer and her mom are super tight and Whizzer adores spending time with mom learning tricks.

4852659 I've never really given nextGen much consideration , but now that you mention it, it sounds interesting.
Personally, I don't delve into it too much; the possibilities are infinite. One outcome can be just as likely as another. Emphasis on 'can', not always.

I like what you've thought-up, I can honestly see that, but I think I'd like to see a third child who is an earth pony. I like the idea of them all being girls, rather than having a mini Big Mac, etc.

I think this third, earth pony child might be quiet and shy, maybe even depressed. Her two sisters can fly and she can't. Maybe she doesn't know how to connect? Maybe she feels like the shrimp who doesn't match her sisters, etc. Like I said, when writing nextGen, possibilities are endless.

When it comes to nextGen, I prefer it if the kids aren't carbon-copies of parents.
You know, "Are you writing about RD or her child, because I can't tell the difference? Couldn't you have just written about a young RD?"

Of course, there are also many reasons for not doing that.

With RD, you have to work around the canon. People already have their opinions on the character.
So you need someone fresh, who readers can embrace with a more open mind.
So a child seems ideal, plus you can still add RD as a mother figure.
You can also explore what type of mother RD is, etc.

It boggles my mind and gets me excited to consider the possibilities.

Frankly, if I wrote one of these, I'd be tempted to write an alternate 'paired' fiction with different endings/outcomes.

Captain Unstoppable
Group Admin

I am working right now, but when I get off I shall share my thoughts. Such as, if you have a MacDash foal, one needs to be named Zap Apple.

chief maximus
Group Contributor

4852809 Already done. Zap is their only foal in my fictions.

Captain Unstoppable
Group Admin

4852967 I know. I've only read that story a thousand times or so.

Dell, one of my headcanon on childrens is: one filly with rainbow mane (you know the first one has to had the rainbow mane), a pair of twins one filly and one colt whom lĂ­kes to confuse every pony (one has wings, other that that they looks the same) and a colt whom is like a happy big Mac. The names... I'm bad at names...

Rainbow's genes will force it into being a pegasus by sheer will. Or at least one of them if they have multiple. I am terrible at designs and names, and I imaged any winged ones will be a candidate for future Wonderbolt captain. The parents I'm sure will be able to cheer him/her/them on at the Equestria Games eventually too, but mom might still be competing in the games herself at that point. :rainbowlaugh:

Captain Unstoppable
Group Admin

Now I can make a proper post about MacDash foals! the internet is still out in my apartment so I am limited to when I can post. Anyway, I have always tried to figure out what a MacDash family would be like, and how many foals they would want. I can see Mac wanting a big family, just the kind of traditional farmer kind of way, of more ponies to help with the farm work, and I feel like he would just love kids. Dash on the other hand (or is that hoof?) is a harder problem.

I can see her going both ways, either wanting a lot of kids, or one and done. Depends on the story I think if she is living the Wonderbolt dream or not. As in Maximus' awesome story, Breaking Barriers, until she is out it would be ill advise to have kids because of the high risk job. If she is out of the Bolts, or for some reason never gets in I can see her wanting to have more.

As for the foals, one has to be named Zap Apple, because the show kind of just gives us that name. Hints at MacDash, AppleDash, or SoarinBurn? Who knows, but somepony is going to be named Zap Apple, along the way. As also in Maximus' story they are more than likely going to be a pegasus and will probably want to follow in their mother's dream of being a Wonderbolt, but maybe act more like their dad. A shy pegasus that is very fast, and has goals. Their mane will probably be not fully rainbow, but a two tone or so mane but will give the impression that Rainbow's genes were passed down that way. They will also be a bit bigger than a normal pegasus due to their father.

After that, I am not really sure.

KarmaDash
Group Admin

Oh my, oops, what have I dropped all over the place

(Some are Soarin'Jack/BraeShy foals)

Comment posted by Captain Unstoppable deleted Mar 22nd, 2016
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10