Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

First things first: I'm not that great of a writer. I can't write stories very well, but I do enjoy world-building. If someone miraculously decides to make a story out of my ideas, great, go ahead. With out further ado, lets get into this.

The first map is set in the year 1007 (1007 years after what? You decide!)

Google Drive Link for those who want to look at it in high quality: Link (Downlad for full quality)

The map is based on both the official map and the map from the Equestria at War mod for Hearts of Iron 4 (Highly recommend that you play the mod, it's great.)

Right now we'll talk about the Equestrian continent

In July of 1007, on the day of the Summer Sun Celebration in Equestria, the stars aligned to aid Nightmare Moon/Princess Luna in her escape from here lunar prison. Twilight Sparkle and her friends used the elements of harmony to free Luna from NMM, yada yada, the first episode. What you're here for is all those new countries on my map.

To the west of Equestria lies the ancestral homeland of all ponies, now covered in ice and snow as the "Frozen West", a land ravaged by events that took place before Equestria existed. The seas around that frozen wasteland where (almost) no-one lives are frozen over to a state where no ships can cross. Past the worst area's of the windigo's rampage lies what is left of those who were left behind the three tribes' migration; Pegasopolis, Dirtland, and The Matterhorn. After the Migration, the great, but now empty, city of Pegasopolis was moved further west to avoid the worst of the cold. Nowadays though, the city is what provides protection and weather for all three tribes, defending all ponies from the horrors that crawl from the frozen east. Dirtland is home to earth ponies and grows food for everypony. The Matterhorn, or Mount Matterhorn is, in a way, a precursor to Canterlot; from their great city situated on a mountain, the unicorns of Matterhorn send mages across the tribes to keep ancient weather machinery running or using magic to aid in farming, showing, that despite their past, they can be useful to everypony's well being.

North of Equestria is Yakyakistan and Olenia, home of the yaks and deer respectively. Yakyakistan is mostly small villages scattered between mountains with little contact with the outside world. The only significant city in Yakyakistan is Yakisville, capital of the yaks and home of the yak royal family. Olenia is ruled by the iron hoof of King Johann who ousted Queen Velvet and her more harmonically-inclined followers to Equestria (who notably reside in the Everfree Forest) . Olenia is a major naval power, with the seat of their power in the capital, Sköne, and her great ports.

To the south lies the Changling Lands, Dragons, and the land known as the "Wild South". The Wild South is a place where people go to disappear; it has no laws, its never been fully mapped, and there are thousands of places to hide yourself or your belongings. The reclusive changlings hide in their hives plotting and planning or just living their lives. Not all hives follow the radical leadership of Chrysalis and her plans of world domination; but in order for the Queen to fulfill her plans, she must unite all changlings under one banner. The ancient Dragon Lord Torch is old and new leadership may be needed soon, lest the dragons destroy themselves and all others around them. The dragons don't live in cities and towns like other races, but instead live in caves or mountaintops or other places and grow old and accumulate a larger and larger hoard. Even further south is Klugetown, the Parrotious Archipelago, the Storm King's Realm, and the Broken Coast. Klugetown is made up of all sorts of creatures from all over that have ran from one thing or another. Most of Klugetown's land is comprised of mines and farms, all stretching out from Klugetown itself, a pirate haven. The Parrotious Archipelago contains a variety of small kingdoms and city-states and is the homeland of the bipedal parrots. Broken Coast is an area of land ruled by a pirate council, who's only goal is to make a profit. The Storm King's Realm is highly militaristic but relatively isolated; it is ruled by the maniacal Storm King who is hellbent on becoming a god. In addition to all these, there is also Mount Aris and the Hippogryph Lands, and ally of Equestria.

The next post will talk about the continent of Griffonia.
Please share any and all comments, criticisms, and concerns, as a it's never to late for me to improve!

jxj

hmm, pretty interesting. Although personally I'm a bit more interested in geography. That's at least as important, if not more so.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2