The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Obselescence
Group Admin

Hi guys. In this thread you can suggest stories for next week's post on Sunday 10/5/2014.

For the upcoming post, anything published after September 21 2014 is suggestable.

There are a few suggestion guidelines we'd like y'all to follow, as listed below:

-Suggested stories MUST have been posted within two week of the upcoming post on Sunday. If we’re taking suggestions for a Sunday the 27th Feature Post, you’re free to suggest any story that was published as far back as the 13th. You may not suggest a story that was published on, say, Saturday the 12th for a Sunday the 27th post.

-Suggestions are not guaranteed to be featured. Please don’t expect that they will be, or ask us why a story you suggested didn’t get featured. We’ll put up what we put up—and I mean that in the nicest possible way. We’re not going to be able to please everyone. It’s just not possible for finite beings to accomplish. We simply ask that you don’t put us in the awkward position of attempting to do so anyway by demanding answers from us.

-Suggested stories may not be written by the suggesting user. It’s nice that you think your work’s good, and want to help get it out there—no, really, it is—but this isn’t really the place to promote yourself. There are other groups out there that you can use to promote your stories. In the meantime, focus on writing a story other people would want to suggest here, or suggest another author’s work that you really enjoyed.

Please try not to down on other peoples' suggestions. You're free to discuss what you thought of someone else's suggestion, but remember that the point of this thread is to put forth stuff that you thought was good and interesting. Not to tell people that their suggestions weren't really that good or interesting.

But other than that, if you've found a recently-posted story that you thought was interesting/good/enjoyable, be sure to suggest it here and we'll be sure to check it out!

I thought I'd suggest Fervidor's Paper Promises: (published Sep. 24h)

Filthy Rich has a problem. His daughter, Diamond Tiara, keeps breaking her promises to treat her classmates with more respect. In fact, she doesn't even seem to really understand what a promise is. Since punishing her does not seem to have much effect, Mr Rich is forced to consider a more creative parenting method. But how can he make such a spoiled, materialistic little filly as Diamond Tiara see the value of a promise?

With money, of course!

A few other people's opinions on it:

"wow... now THAT is probably one of the best examples of what could of worked as a straight Diamond Tiara episode in the show as one could hope for!

Holy crap, that was a great moral lesson, and taught in a way that a child could understand. xD"
Talaros

"Very nice story all around! :twilightsmile:"
Elric of Melnipony

"Ohhh. It's not often that you get a fanfic story that really feels true to the show. Heck, in a lot of ways it does the 'moral' thing far better than the show does. Though I guess I can't imagine FiM ever explaining the idea of fiat currency to its audience. Still, in terms of tone and execution, it was pretty darn awesome indeed. And it made for a most excellent bit of Tiara redemption, Fervidor. Bravo!

As a bonus, I love seeing Filthy portrayed in a good light. Honestly, the show actually holds him up as an honest businessman that cares about the deals he makes, and the ponies he makes them with. Yet he seems to often fall into the role of a crook, or an insufferable snob."
Luminary

--arcum42

In this thread you can suggest stories for next week's post on Sunday 9/28/2014

Er, it'd be 10/5/2014 this time.

Please try not to down on other peoples' suggestions. You're free to discuss what you thought of someone else's suggestion, but remember that the point of this thread is to put forth stuff that you thought was good and interesting. Not to tell people that their suggestions weren't really that good or interesting.

Sorry about that. I know I was the impetus behind the rule. Hopefully no one felt too discouraged from participating as a result of my "meh"ing, and if anyone did that they return. I love you all, really. :heart:

Especially on toast.

I'd like to suggest Three Solos, One Cadence by InquisitorM, which was published on Sept 26.

Cadance, Discord, and Fluttershy walk into a blizzard, but it's no laughing matter: there's something out there, buried beneath centuries of ice. But it's going to take teamwork to find it, and it's not the Princess of Love nor the Lord of Chaos that are holding all the cards.

Three Solos capitalizes on the unlikely combination of Discord and Cadence, and the interplay between the two is quite good throughout. It is very well written and an enjoyable read that does not seem to have gotten the attention it deserves.

Some Love by Regidar.

Discord has a mop.
Her name is Meredith.
He loves her.
And sometimes they dance.

What sounds like a typically kind-of-pointless randomfic about Discord being absurd has turned into one of the most chilling depictions of a shattered mind trying to cope with what is impossible to cope with that I've ever read.

Last minute suggestion, but how about Young Eyes?

From the mind of Lapis-Lazuli...
When Dinky Doo finds something unexpected under her bed, she decides to find out what put it there.
(With thanks to Carmine from the FimFiction IRC for inspiring this story.)

It's an adorable story, and is actually featured right now if you turn mature off.

I'll add it to next weeks if it's past the cutoff, but it didn't seem like you had many suggestions this week.

--arcum42

Csquared08
Group Admin

Hi, friend!

Thanks much for the suggestion! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8