Atheist Bronies V2.2 275 members · 50 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Last night I encountered someone who feels like the direct personification of the logical fallacy of argumentum ad populum (appeal to popularity/numbers/etc.).

Like, their entire self-worth, and the obvious stated value of arguments in the discussion was solely based on relative popularity of the argued subjects. For a bit of context, they were a Christian, and it was obvious that everything they stood for was couched in terms like, "this is more popular, therefore it is right. You aren't as popular as me, so you're wrong. These people are popular and agree with me, therefore I am right."

Have you guys encountered anyone that was this one-dimensional? Where you were awed at how shallow they were?

My mother.

That's just fucking funny tbh, the fact that someone could have such a disconnect from reality

Most of the responses you get when you leave a comment on a political or religious video on YouTube are of the form of “Insult insult insult, stupid quip that they think sounds clever, insult insult.” Does that count as one-dimensional?
(I will now use this opportunity for a very important public service announcement: Neither “Libtard” nor “Conservatard”, nor any similar portmanteau of [group identification + negative word], are good insults. If you're going to insult people, at least do it right.)

Spirit of Fantasy? I'll just leave a link to the relevant blog post and let people judge for themselves what happened.

There you go scumbags!

Right away I can tell there is nothing of value in this person's mind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7