Atheist Bronies V2.2 275 members · 50 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

So, our fine president has continued the long tradition of officially promoting religion in times of trajedy.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby violate the Constitution, wholeheartedly and without qualm.

My favorite part of the announcement?

we are reminded of Scripture's promise that "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Oops; a quote from the Christian Bible. Now you can't even claim it's impartial to all religions that have prayer. (Like it was in the first place, given the use of the title ‘God’ is specific to Christianity and Judaism.)

Don't mind that sound; it's just somepony banging their head against the wall, repeatedly. :twilightangry2:

Not really surprising, to be honest. Politicians haven't given a crap about secularism since the Red Scare, if at all. Plus, I'm guessing Trump wants to appeal to his base.

Wait, you're telling me that Donald Trump fucked something up?
H O W U N E X P E C T E D

This isn't a matter of Donald Trump, this is a matter of the political climate of the country. Obama happily did the same thing.

As demonstrably worse Trump is on climate change than neo-liberals, the fact remains that the difference between the two is a drop in the bucket, and it would still be better to hold out for someone who's actually good on the issue, rather than being less bad.

Necroposting by idiots over a month late with nothing to add to the conversation?

More likely than you think. So how's it feel to show everyone on the internets that you're an idiot?

Aren't you just an overly aggressive little child?

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

Locking for a bunch of reasons.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11