RPG Makers of FIMFiction 51 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So, since the six heroes in my game come from different races (and not just earth ponies, pegasi, or unicorns), I figured I'd do something special: each member equips a different accessory type which gives each of them different kinds of buffs. For example, the crystal pony equips jewels that just give him passive stat buffs, while both the dragon and sea pony (long story, nothing like G1) equip scales that give their base attacks elemental properties, and the mage (spoilers) equips circlets that reduce or even nullify elemental damage.

The one issue is the griffon character, who, as you probably read from the title, is going to be Gilda. Now, I know what her accessories will do; they'll grant resistance/immunity to status effects and/or debuffs, much like the mage's accessories. My rather simple question is what these accessories actually are. I'm currently thinking feathers, since I already have the scaled members using, well, scales, but somehow that doesn't feel right. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Bits. Enchanted bits.
Except maybe in amulet form. So they're things that a griffon would pick up, and not really sense the magical properties until tested.

5684236 Bird feeder!

Nah. How about...something like a charm? Griffins, to me, would use their own feathers and hairs to craft trinkets, similar to a dream catcher. So I figure either an amulet or a fur bracelet. But how about one made not of her own feathers, but of Rainbow Dash's? I think it would be really cool to be a feather bracelet with a friend's feathers rather than her own.

5684307 Yeah, I think I'll go with the bracelet idea, and I'll definitely have a Dashie-based one. Now the question is, what state would it nullify (because something that special should give full immunity). Stun, maybe? Or perhaps its an ultimate accessory that wards off instant death?

5684443 I dunno. How often is Instant Death used in games? Unless yours is going to make it more common, then I'd probably so for something like immunity to Agility Loss, Paralysis, or even Confusion. You could even have it give a passive buff - extra 25% loot! I mean, that's what I would do, but it's your call in the end.

Griffon possible abilities:
-Flight (shared along with Pegasi): Lower or Immunity to Earthquake damage abilities.
-Sharp Beak/Claws: Resistance/Immunity to Status effects involving vines (Leech seed? Grappling vines that work like a stun?)

5684462 How often will I use instant death? For most of the game? Not that much. For the last few bosses and the post game? All the time (the final bonus boss is going to be my grim reaper OC, so that should give you an idea how often you're gonna die in that fight.). I think I'll also check out Yanfly's Tips and Tricks on KH's Second Chance, so Gilda would be able to survive massive incoming damage. I was thinking that this would be a reward for having Gilda hang out with Rainbow, one of several long side quest lines (the others give you pendants needed to summon the bonus bosses in the post game). If you don't have this by the final level, you're gonna have a bad time, and trying to fight the bonus bosses without it is basically a death sentence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7