RPG Makers of FIMFiction 51 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I'm totally advertising my game project before properly introducing myself but hey that's what this group is for right okay so onward!

Hey! I'm Leo! If anyone has stumbled across my blogs, you've read about me ranting on and on about this game project I've been chipping away at for nearly a decade. Welp, I finally buckled down and got some storyline progress done on it in the last three months, which was enough to warrant the next open Beta! If you want to grab a copy and see what I can do with four hours of your life, head over here!

Wanna know what it's about?

•Based on a forum roleplay from Gaiaonline and inspired by similar games (Breath of Fire, Golden Sun, etc.), Ikusa ~ Wartorn has you take on the role of Izuma Satoan, a wandering warrior with a checkered past and some particularly loud skeletons in his closet. You meet up with fellow travelers Meiko Dawnson and Morianna, each of whom have their own secrets to keep. Together, you and your allies manage to help each other, discovering what it means to be what you choose to be.
•This Beta 2 release allows you to play from the game's beginning through the halfway point in the second chapter, of which there are nine. Partake in a layered storyline involving Demonkin, old soldiers, betrayals, racism, and a magical force that seems to be at the center of it all. Meet interesting characters such as Captain Namié, Mordah Shiro, and Ishida Breshi, and try to learn what your friends like and dislike to affect their Approval of you. You can even explore dungeons and find monsters that are WAY beyond what this Beta allows, because it needs a challenge!
•This game features Yanfly's Engine Melody, edited and modified with other scripts to create a unique system. While scripting and coding is not my forté, I am constantly striving to make things better. In addition, the game pulls in resources from all over the 'net, including other software such as Game Character Hub (custom sprites), FL Studio and Audacity (new music and ability to make loop-able tracks), and paint.NET (custom artwork and pixel edits to sprites and face sets). I am always looking for more.

Really, there's a whole lot of junk I could tell you here, but I'd be typing for hours and it's been forty minutes already. Please, grab a copy of the Beta! Play it, test it, and tell me what works, what breaks, and what needs a new coat of paint!

~Leo
Nemean Studios, www.facebook.com/ikusaw

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1