RPG Makers of FIMFiction 51 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Question: I wanted to release early demos of my game over in the Persona group on the site: one once I finish making the first month, and another after finishing the fourth, around the halfway point. Can I release exclusive demos like that, or would I have to fully release an unfinished product?

You can release demos. If you don't want to release your demo as an unfinished product, there is one way I know:

Copy your project into a whole new project, changing whatever you want for your demo (ending where you want your demo to end, changing dialog with "but this is just a demo" line, etc.). Then when it is ready, release that version.

5261886 I see. I guess my next question is, can I release it exclusively as a file or link in a thread on this site?

5261764 Yeah as Twifan said I'd just copy-paste the project and then remove everything beyond the scope of the demo. You'll have to tweak bits and pieces (start and end of the demo) to make it fit together - maybe add a 'To Be Continued' screen at the end - but that's how I usually do it.

As to whether you can release it on the site, I should think putting a link to your website/Google Drive or wherever it's located would be allowed :twilightsmile: Maybe not a direct download link though. Better check the posting rules just to be safe

Depends on the content involved in the game. Linking to the game involves the same rules as linking to an image.

5262754 Ooh, that might be a problem. Remember, this is a Persona game. It's gonna be a huge file.

It's more of the type of content involved than the size. Linking something large (but giving a warning that it is large) isn't a problem. Since it's a Persona game, that "Swimsuit/Going camping" that happens in every Persona game would be a no-no for linking. Plus, any sort of sexual symbolism is against the rules to be linked in a group not marked as NSFW (like the Persona fan group).

But if that stuff isn't in the demo, and is more for the full release of the game, linking the demo shouldn't be a problem.

5263092 Oh, then there's no problem. Between the more kid-friendly nature of EQG and my own opinions on those kinda things, they're not gonna show up in my game. Hell, the OC who was gonna use pseudo-swears had to be cut for other reasons, so there aren't even gonna be too many of those.

Oh wait, I'm using Persona pictures straight from 4 for the ones I'm carrying over. Will that count?

Oh wait, I'm using Persona pictures straight from 4 for the ones I'm carrying over. Will that count?

Again, depends on the content of the picture. Some of pictures of the characters and certain enemies in Persona 4 would not be allowed. But if they fit the kid-friendly nature of EQG, you have no problems.

5263269 We'll see. All I can say is, if there's gonna be a problem, it's gonna be there. The main game and the (admittedly terrible) original designs for everyone's personal Personas are going to be clean.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10