RPG Makers of FIMFiction 51 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
sbloom85
Group Admin

Would anyone be interested in working on an HiE game? I got the idea to do one after looking through my Mystquestria game. I had been thinking about remaking that game using RPG Maker MV, but decided against it since it's Mystquestria.

Since RPG Maker MV's tiles are fifty percent larger than VX's, I was thinking about using Urimas' MLP Online sprites, and with Shaz's more character frames plugin, those sprites can be used properly. If anyone wants to help making those sprites, let me know and I'll give you the info regarding that.

As for other plugins, I'm thinking about using some of Yanfly's plugins to make the game window be 720p and make the dialogue boxes look different as well as his battle engine plugins and a third party plugin to make the game load full screen at startup.

The protagonist will obviously be a human, whether the human is male or female is up to the player as well as the character's name. I haven't come up with a plot yet, so if anyone's interested in coming up with one, let me know.

There's also the database entries. RPG Maker MV's database starts off pretty much empty, so if anyone wants to come up with items, weapons, armor, skills/magic and all that, let me know.

If there are other aspects to this project you want to ask about, go right ahead. If you don't have RPG Maker MV and still want to contribute, that's cool too, let me know what you want to do.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. And for all those who don't celebrate the holiday, Happy Thursday.

Commenting to track this idea.

I was working on my own HiE project before I put it on hold and decided to work on something a bit simpler for my first project (so I can understand MV better and work out problems involved). The game dealt with a Human finding himself in Equestria after an powerful monster (say, the original smooze) wrecked everything up, and his job was to restore Equestria back to the way it was if he ever wants to return home again.

Sadly, I would need a lot of NPC pony sprites to even get this game started. And a human sprite that didn't clash badly against the pony sprites.

So I've moved to a different pony RPG project.

sbloom85
Group Admin

If you want some help, I'd be happy to.

The current project deals with Anthro ponies over normal ponies, because Anthro are easier to replace human NPCs with without looking too bizarre. So I'm not sure if you would want to help with that.

I certainly would love the help with the 2nd project. I won't be starting it for a while, but gathering NPC resources would take some time anyway. Equestria needs to be populated with more mares and stallions outside the mane six. :derpytongue2:

sbloom85
Group Admin

Do you have Game Character Hub? I was thinking of taking the resources from my generator app and use them for that.

Yeah, I got Game Character Hub when Humble Bundle had that full game maker bundle. Haven't used it much so far and wasn't sure if it even worked with MV larger sprites sizes.

Edit: Which, now that I've loaded up the program to check and it can make those larger sprites, just goes to show how very little I know about Game Character Hub.

sbloom85
Group Admin

Tell me about it. I'm still trying to figure out how to import assets.

Well if you ever figure it out, either how to make custom pony sprites for NPC villagers, or how to combine the pony sprites with human bodies to make the anthro effect, I'd love know how. Right now I'm force to try and do things manually, and it is a pain.

sbloom85
Group Admin

If you have an RPG Maker Web forum account, you could see if anyone would be willing to make the sprites. That's a lot more active than the MLP RPG Maker Resource group on deviantart.

sbloom85
Group Admin

Okay, I have a a few things to show you. First, here's the original Lyra sheet I made:

Each frame is 96x96, which was Urimas' standard for his sheet.

This is a resized sheet, with each frame being 64x64:

And yet another resized sheet, each being the MV standard 48x48:

And here's a video comparing the sizes. From left to right: Twilight 96x96; Lyra 64x64, RPG Maker MV character (48x48); Lyra 48x48.

The 48X48 looks a bit squished, but is certainly the right size when paired beside a MV human character. 64X64 Lyra looks like a good size for larger ponies, like Celestia. Twilight looks kind of odd.

sbloom85
Group Admin

Twilight's sprites are the same dimensions as the original Lyra's, 96x96. it's the centering that makes it look weird.

Don't get me started on Celestia. Dear god is she huge at 160x160 per frame. At the most compact, facing up, her frames would be 104x104. At her widest, facing right, she's about 126x126.

Luna, at her widest, is 114x114.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13