RPG Makers of FIMFiction 51 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
sbloom85
Group Admin

Hello again, fellow RPG Maker users. In this thread, I will be showing you a few things that you can do with the new plugin system. Please keep an eye on this post for all future updates.

First, I'll be showing you what you can do with Shaz's MoreCharacterFrames plugin. What does it do? It does exactly what the plugin name says, it adds more frames to a character image.

Here's an example of a standard RPG Maker MV character sheet. As you can tell, each direction has three movement frames.

The following image shows off more than those three frames per direction. However, an image like this needs to be its own sheet.

As you can tell, this has a lot more movement frames per direction, twelve frames exactly. This gives more character detail.

Using this plugin, we can utilize Urimas' MLP Online sheets more effectively as there are seven frames per direction, like this Twilight sheet for example.

Each frame is 96x96 pixels, double the size of the standard MV tile.

Here's a running sheet I made to go with the other sheet.

When saving the file for one of these images, the filename format is as follows:
$ActorName [X X X X]
The $ tells RPG Maker MV that the image is a single character sheet, ActorName is exactly what it means and "X" is the number of frames per direction. For the Twilight sheet example, I named the file $Twilight_Sparkle [7 7 7 7]. The first frame of each direction MUST be the idle frame.

More to come ASAP!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1