The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Alright, this is my first review in this group. I've written a couple reviews before, but that was for my blog so hopefully this helps someone.

1/12/2014

The Chronicles of the Dark Angel Merp, Lord of Carrots
By TheSheepMaster
Screw This Cottage, I'm Evil

I'll be reviewing the story based on the first chapter, as the story is quite new, only being published yesterday (1/11/2014).

The Chronicles is a comedy about the Dark Angel Merp, or as we all know and love (or hate) him, Angel Bunny. I found this especially funny because I happen to have a pet rabbit, and these thoughts are exactly what I imagine him to think all the time! He could definitely be made to seem evil, that's for sure.

Our subject, the Dark Angel Merp, regales us with suspiciously undocumented claims of dastardly deeds, sadistic revenge, and his lost powers. According to him (perhaps an unreliable source), he once held the power to destroy worlds, but has been reduced to a mortal form, captive by the (according to him) evil Fluttershy, whom he insists is his slave.

He complains about his rough (tender) treatment by Fluttershy, calling her kisses "lip-curses". Here's a tidbit:

I hate her lip-curses. It's as if she's on a mission to degrade me in as many ways as possible and she's completely succeeding. Every time she gets a chance, she thinks it's totally fine to press her big, yellow face up against me and smear her lip grease.

And while trying to convince the reader or himself of his power, in an attempt to be feared as is proper for a Dark Angel, he seems to not quite believe all the things he says, either about Fluttershy or himself.

But I don't complain about what she does to me, at least not enough. If I were to murder a few ferrets, or eat a llama, now that would get her attention. The only problem is, llamas are bigger than they used to be, and ...I actually kind of like the ferrets ...in an evil way, I swear!

As far as his opinion of Fluttershy, I believe this paragraph sums it up nicely:

I honestly don't even know if I'm quite as evil as the yellow one is. She would make one heck of a dark angel.

---

As this story goes, it's perfect for the subject it attempts quite well to tackle. I personally found it amusing because of my own interaction with my rabbit (who I call Evil Bunny occasionally :facehoof: ), and I'm sure readers will find a smile on their faces when cute little Angel Bunny contrasts with evil Dark Angel Merp.

Summary: The Chronicles of the Dark Angel Merp, Lord of Carrots is a charming comedy that will enchant and delight readers of all dispositions. I look forward to future chapters!

Whoa hey this story was written by a buddy of mine

I appreciate this review a great deal, and even though this group's focus is making reviews, I'd still like to thank you for taking the time to make this.

I definitely like this group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3