The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Well, it's been a while since I've done something here review wise....

Hey Crome... you should do the reviews you promised to do.

Ya, I have no excuse... like... at all. So let me begin!

~~+~~

Written By: DancesWithBaglez

Reviewed by: Cromegas_Flare

Ratings: Teen: Gore.
Reviewers Ratings: Teen: Light Gore, soft language. (First chapter only, may get more detail in later chapters once published.)

Narrative:
Description:

"Just as the simple cobblestone crumbles and fades away, so too has the very fabric of Equestria and the lives everypony once knew..."

Ponies are like ice: cold and quick to disappear. Sunny and Spark are the closest pair on this side of Canterlot - brothers tied through a cruel fate. However, as they grew up, their happiness was not shared by the rest of Equestria. Instead, two factions waged war - The rebels against the monarchy to the South, and the allies of the monarchy of the North. Blood. Fear. Victory. Anger. These words are commonly spoke of now, as the world basks in the gentle chill of a magical Armageddon. Separated from their parents as colts, and caught in the crossfire as young adults, these two have no rest.

Yet even as the world falls down around them, as the factions of old rise up and seek domination once more - a single goal remains in their minds. One last journey, to find their parents.

There you have it, a couple of brothers who fight for their own survival in a world of chaos!

Execution: Slow, very slow. Could of made that first 11,000 word chapter split in two chapters. All is well though because I can read through long chapters just fine, but others may be turned off by the length... it would be their own loss though because I have to recommend this story. Though it was slow, the character building was well done. I can't say I know the two main brothers very well, but you know them enough in this first chapter to be pulled into the story. I'm exited to get to see more of this story to be honest.

Grammar:
Nope, didn't find to much grammar anywhere.... What I mean is that only a grammar Nazi will really pick things up... not good old humble Crome here, nope he found nothing.

Salt:
So, I personally found the pacing to be a bit dragged out, but as long as the story stays consistent to the momentum... the the writing physics are followed, you should be fine. I also felt as though you could of split that first chapter into two parts... but I'm ok with what you have as well.

Sugar:
I loved the story in of it self, you have mental issues going on with the protagonist and the antagonist is still undefined... which helps with some mystery. You leave the reader wanting more history in this world which I'm exited to learn about... you could easily go far with this story as long as you keep up with good editors and per-readers that are just as involved with the story as you are.

Mr. Flair's Review conclusion is....

Rating....

~Recommended~

~Make Life an Adventure~

Mr. Flare

Yay! I feel as though I've accomplished something. :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by MDNGHTRDHTLN deleted Jun 3rd, 2014

And I know I said I wouldn't post the other chapters of Cobblestones to Fimfic when I write them, but I probably will. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4