The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 74 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 74

I hope there is nothing wrong with me, posting this contest here. If there is, then I am sorry. :twilightsheepish:

When submitting stories for this contest, please go here.

Thought I would try to make a contest for our little group to help encourage creating stories for this category.

Now here are the rules:

1. The story must follow the group rules.
  2. Make sure to put your story in the correct folder. If you have a problem adding stories, try consulting this thread.
  3. The story must have at least 3,000 words. There is no upper limit, however the story does need to be completed by the deadline.
  4. The mare (female pony) and the monster in the story, need to be romantically involved (this doesn't mean however that you have to include clop, in fact you'll probably do better without it).
  5. You will be given a random mare to use in the story, your story must have them as one of the main characters.
  6. Have fun writing.

Deadline: May June 27, 2018

For prizes I will provide the following:
1st Place Winner: I will illustrate your couple (or one of your OCs) and edit it in GIMP (give colors, shadows and all sorts of cool stuff; just check out my DeviantArt).
2nd and 3rd Place Winner(s): I will illustrate your couple, and that will be all.

To participate, please submit a comment saying you want to join, you will then be given a random mare to use in your story. However, I also plan on trying to prevent there from being duplicates, so if I roll the percentiles and I get a repeat, I will simply reroll until a different character is rolled (assuming that I don't have more contestants then I do mares listed). You can have a reroll if you so choose, just remember that you won't get a character another contestant has, unless they decide to reroll or drop out.

After the reroll, the unchosen character returns to the roll list.

When submitting your story to the contest, I would like for you to leave a comment and either provide a link or an embedded link to your story. Once I see it I will add it to a special folder in my library for judging.

Well, that is it. I hope you all enjoy this contest and I hope you all write some awesome stories. :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by Crescent Minor deleted Apr 11th, 2018

I want to get in on this.

An interesting concept.

Very well. I'll toss my hat into the ring.

-Ru

6391681 With a random roll of 08, you have Twilight sparkle for your story (whither she is an alicorn or not in your story, is your decision).

You have 1 Reroll if you so choose to use it.

6391725 Then come on in. With a random roll of 71, you have Lily Lace for your story (she is from this episode).

Remember you have 1 Reroll if you so choose to use it.

6391887 You hat has graciously been accepted. :twilightsmile: With a random roll of 25, you have Moonlight Raven (who is one of my favorite background ponies by the way) as a main character for your story.

If you can't think of how to use her in your story, or a monster to pair her with, you do have 1 reroll (though I really hope you can write something for her).

Can i have a reroll please?

6392094 Sure. :pinkiesmile:

And with another roll of the dice landing on 94, we have Starlight Glimmer.

I hope this works. :twilightsheepish:

6391637 As with all the contests on this site, I'll promote yours in an attempt to get you more contenders. Good luck!

6392145 Thank you. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. :pinkiehappy:

I was going to say I lucked out, but then I saw someone got Goth Pony. :ajsleepy:
Oh, well, I can do something with Twilight.

6392670 There are actually 2 goth ponies on this list. If you want you can certainly try for a reroll.

Huh. Didn't see that coming :rainbowderp:

CHALLENGE. ACCEPTED. :rainbowdetermined2:

-Ru

No, that's not necessary. I just want to ask something. You've left the parameters of this contest pretty wide so I figure this is okay, but just in case,I wanted to be sure before I get married to this idea. Does a werepony count as a monster? There would be scenes of them interacting both in wolf form and pony, about equal, but I thought that might be too 'un-monster' for what you're looking for.

Also, how do we indicate the story we add to the Mare X Monster group is for your contest?

I'll give this a shot.

6392779 As long as you express the monster characteristics of the werepony, it is totally fine and will count.

6392805 So this thread is actually a copy and paste of the thread in the Mare x Monster group. So personally I would suggest just posting a link in that thread.

6392812 Awesome. :pinkiehappy:

And with a roll of the dice landing on 50, we have Octavia.

You have 1 reroll if you choose to use it. :twilightsmile:

6392846 No problem. I will be looking forward to your story. :twilightsmile:

Nice. I'll start working on it right away.

Wouldn't want my gratification monkey to take over the wheel on my head.

6393823 You're welcome. I look forward to seeing your story. :pinkiehappy:

Hit me. I've been doing slightly better nowadays, and I've been having a lot of interest in... nonstandard characters.

I'm guessing we have free reign of the monster in the couple?

6394233 you do indeed have free reign on the monster.

With a roll of 29, you have Sweetie Drops (Bon Bon).

You have 1 reroll if you so choose.

Huh...

I have... an inkling, but I think I'd rather ask for the re-roll - well, if I can go back to Bonbon if the reroll isn't as conductive. If I can't then I'll stick with Bonnie.

6394523 With a roll of 06, we have Rarity, which has already been taken, so then we roll the D20 and receive a 13, giving us Raven Inkwell.

To answer your question you can use either one, just let me know which one you wish to use so I can mark it down on my list.

You know, among the ponies I wanted to get, she somehow made it into my list, if only because it justified an old idea I had about - whoops! Spoilers! I'll take it.

6395054 So you'll be taking Raven Inkwell? :pinkiesmile:

Yes, since it aligned so neatly with an old idea I had, what with her being in the castle and all. I was thinking "Most Canterlot ponies are fine, although either Raven or Moondancer would be awesome" for a couple of different things I was thinking about.

6395232 I just wanted to make sure for the list. Thank you for letting me know. :twilightsmile:

I am happy to say we have 13 participants in the contest. Let us hope they all are able to finish their stories in time. :pinkiesmile:

That does count the ones you got from the other thread too right?

1 month left until the deadline, so if you are interested in joining you should probably do so now.

Just wanted to check and see how everyone was doing with their stories. :pinkiesmile:

I will admit I have been a bit slow with my own (don't worry I'm not entering it into my own contest, I just find it fun to write stories for my own contests using the same rules). :twilightsmile:

I will admit I'm just a smidgen late, but I might as well try, I guess?

Okay, I might give this a whirl!

6421165 You just need to finish the story by the deadline. :pinkiesmile:

With a roll of 40, you have Fleur Dis Lee

Have fun.

6421171 With the powers bestowed upon me by my random pony list you have Mage Meadowbrook.

Have fun.

Heheheh...

It's too late now, I'm going to sleep (like a weakling I know), but this is going to be fun. :pinkiecrazy:

Due to popular demand (and my own busy schedule) this contests deadline has been extended by 1 month.

Well, it has been a week since I changed the deadline and I just wanted to check in with you all and see how everything is going. :pinkiesmile:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, I just looked at it to see if anyone's submitted yet, and I just now saw that the deadline's been extended (generally when you make announcements, you should post it as a reply to everyone in the thread so we don't miss it). Wow. I left mine kinda late and I've been rushing to get it done, which is what I always do with projects, and now I see I've kinda been thrown a bone. That's cool! It's sure to be done now, and with the extra time I can even make a good cover image.

6446090 Sorry about that.:twilightsheepish: Well, I'm glad to see that you might have a chance to enter in a story.

6421165 So as I've mentioned, the deadline has been moved from the 27th of May to the 27th of June. I hope that means you all will have plenty of time to finish your stories. :raritywink:

Ah, I see. I confess, I started to write my entry at May 20. XD Haven't finished yet, but with this extension, it will surely be done before the deadline.

EDIT: And I can friggin' polish it too.

I actually didn't know the deadline had been extended. :twilightoops:

Was thinking I might not have time to finish it. :twilightsheepish:

Now, though, I can finish it, and get it edited. :rainbowdetermined2:

Thank you for letting me know. I really appreciate it! :pinkiehappy:

-Ru

6446270 Well tear off my shirt, paint me red and call me Santa. :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 74