A For Effort 1,010 members · 277 stories
Comments ( 92 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 92
Lophane
Group Contributor

Ok, so you should all know how this goes by now, but if you don't, here's the rundown:
You give your name, age (if you want to), nationality (if you want to), and why you joined. Anything else is optional.
Here's mine as an example:
Name: Lophane
Nationality: British/American
Why I joined: I didn't join, I created :pinkiehappy:
Why I Created: I felt like this was something that needed to be done
If anyone has any questions about the group, PM me
Have fun :twilightsmile:, and up-vote everything :pinkiecrazy:

So the name's Normal, call me what ever you want. I'm eightteen, fresh out of high school. I'm so magical I graduated from two high schools at once. I live in a suburb just a wee bit north of Chi-town. Other known as Chicago.
I joined because I always enjoy giving exposure to my stories especially since I just came out with a new one the other day called Misery.
Fun fact: I have a hot pink jeep just ready for some zombie hunting.

Name: Cadabra
Nationality: American
Why I joined: To get more exposure for The Private Scrapbook. I want to hear more comments from people about it, for I am a feedback hound!
Fun fact: I'm a wedding videographer!

Name: ODSTBrony
Nationality: Panamian/American
Why I joined: Well i don't know TBH. Meet new people and read new stories.
If you guys want to hang out with me i am on Xbox Live: ODST13red
Or on steam its: TheTacoLover

Edit:Oh i forgot. I want see what other people thinks about the story i am doing, I Am(Now)The Gardener.

Hi there.

I've been called many things, mainly 'That Guy', 'That Little F****R', and the like, but I tend to answer most to the name Darkened Paradise. I'm quite the man-child at 21, but hey, coming from the Philippines and growing here in the States could do that to people.

I primarily joined because I have an overwhelming, almost burning desire for attention, especially when it comes to writing stories like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight's Moonfall or some random vignette-like stories seen in Rejected Ideas with the CMC. I love getting feedback, no matter if its positive or negative, as that tells me that people are at most reading what I write.

Fun Fact about me: I'm a League of Legends: Clash of Fates/Defense of the Ancients 2 nerd

Name: Junebud
Why I Joined: Because I think this group has a great mission. Oftentimes, budding authors are hobbled by crippling self-doubt and then, when they finally manage to overcome that hurdle, they get brutally trolled when they show their work to the world. It's awful and it's cruel and it kills dreams. So I think that this is a worthy group with a valuable mission.

Name: lordvad3r95
Why I joined: It sounded like a fun idea, and I love it when people comment on my stories.
Fun Fact: I'm so special, I tripped walking up the stairs once. Poke fun at your leisure. :twilightsmile:

1101887 Name: Shadowed Rainbow
Why I joined: I like this group's policy, and I like getting jobless/comments on my own stories - especially comments because I like seeing what other people think.:twilightsmile:

I happen to be a female brony, but you can call me either a brony or a pegasister.

My YouTube account is airbendingavatar, and my dA is WarriorSparrow.

Fun fact: I am considering being a professional novel, so my fanfics are part fun and part practice.:twilightsmile:

Feel free to PM me if any of you want to talk.:twilightsmile:

1101992 Don't take this the wrong way, but i have to do this...

Name: Nixus
Nationality: Canada
Why I joined: Basically to get more feedback on my story. Comments let me know that people are genuinely enjoying my work.

Fun fact: I have another story on Deviantart called Fate's Bounty. My account's name is Draxish here's the link: http://draxish.deviantart.com/

1102094 Lol, that reminds me of one of the "rules" on TV Tropes.:rainbowlaugh:

1102151 I love to make people laugh

1102171 Good senses of humor are always appreciated.:twilightsmile:

Name: Phoenix Skyfire
Nation: Surfing on the USA!
Why I Join: Always good to get Credit for just doing something.

The storys I have are, "Unlikely Love of Ages Past" and "Love's Light: Is it Possible to Love Again?"

Name: DemonOJM or just OJM
Nationality: German (So sorry for some grammar issuse)
Why I joined: Because I want to improve my writing (with feedback good or bad anything helps) and want to help others I read some good stories with many downvotes and their were good in my opinion.

Name: FlanChan (The name's a Touhou reference)
Age: 13 (aka probably the youngest brony you'll ever meet this side of the fandom)
State of Residence: Michigan, USA!
Why I Joined: I like to get likes. They make me a happy poneh :rainbowkiss:
Fun Fact: I scored 27 composite on the ACT, if you know what that is :twilightblush:

Name: Unholyheaven
Reason: Get some feedback and story promotion.

So it's my turn huh?

Name: FallenLaughter
Nationality: Global
Why I Joined I' m really into writing at the moment but sadly i don't really get any feedback for my stories, especially Tales of Harmony, so i hope you might help me with that. Of course, i also want to help people to become better known, since i know how it feels when no ones is paying attenion to your work ... or someting like that, dunno^^:pinkiehappy:

Well let's just say: To a good working relation^^

Name: Sprite
Nationality: Canadian

Why I joined: I'm looking to get some feedback on my other stories that aren't so much as popular, yet have more of my effort put into them. I only have about two stories that qualify under such; three if you count my oldest story of the lot. I'd just like to hear what the crowd has to say about my works of fanfiction.

Here's the one I'm trying to provide some care into: A Lost Flame

Interesting Fact: I'm very inconsistent with what I do.

Name: look to the left
Why did I join?
First off, I swear a ton, don't take it personal.

I joined this group because I used to be a real hardass with giving like and dislikes and whatever. I changed when I actually wrote something and got hardly any response from it. I lowered my standards and such for fanfiction and steer clear of things I probably wont like.
I personally have no problems with promotion, yes it can be annoying, but the loudest person gets the most attention, be it good or bad. People say things like "hey, look at this successful author. they don't promote as much as you do. they have skill and are awesome. you suck." and the answer is that they are wrong. the popular stories often have flamboyant titles or have something that grabs someones attention immediately, post to groups, or did that for one time and amassed followers who will do it for them. So everyone promotes something somehow.

Call it a change of face, but ive become more interested in helping the "little guy" out recently. so ill admit to being a random liker or dislike at times. I know how bad it feels when a good intended idea goes nowhere or fails, so I decided to at least join to show some support, even if it is not my whole support.

Also, I had an idea. you have many folders based around likes and dislikes in it, so I was thinking that you should make a folder for either oddballs or "I was trolled" situations. Some stories are good and such, but they have 5 likes and 2 dislikes, which your system would say they need an editor, or (even though I don't want to play the victim) my story where I have mistakes and whatnot, but 35 likes vs 30 dislikes.

Lophane
Group Contributor

Would it be better to change it to 'got trolled, give likes' or just 'got trolled' in your opinion?

I'd call it "Oddballs". for the stories that did not receive enough attention or got the negative result for no reason. I read a Lyra story that got flamed once because it didn't have her obsessed with hands or in a relationship with Bonbon.

Lophane
Group Contributor

wouldn't that still be under the 'got trolled' folder?

Lophane
Group Contributor

I'll just make it the oddball folder :twilightsmile:

The Kid clears his throat, prepares to introduce himself.

While he does that, I suppose I'll introduce myself. Name's Rucks. I'm here to make the Kid seem more interesting.

The Kid's actually Vincent, so if you want to speak at him, call him by name.

He's 19, and he joined because he has way too much free time on his hands.

Name: TheDrunkenJinjo (shorten that however you like)

I joined because... well let's be serious, what the hell else am I gonna do with my free time? Go outside? :rainbowlaugh:
Also, I'm looking for some feedback on my first fic Beneath the Mask, and figured this would be a great place to shamelessly promote! :pinkiehappy:

Fun Fact!: I'm extremely boring! :ajbemused:

Nah, I'm younger than you!

Name: superpony55

Where I live: United States

Why I joined: I need more popularity!

This is my first year homeschooling, I am in Mensa and take Hopkins courses. I am a grade ahead in math (Hopkins is my math) and I just finished my school year! :twilightsmile:

Name: Invisible Cadance
Nationality: Russian.
Why I joined: Mostly to get feedback on my stories. I can't improve without it.

1102094 ok... first off... without girls... where do us guys go in the world???
1101992 2nd... Pegasister? never heard of that term be4... then again... i dont think i know any female bronys either... as Pinkie would say though (please note Pinkie lest fav for me) "Wanna be friends?:pinkiehappy:"

1130478 Well, some of us female fans call ourselves "pegasisters", while others consider "bronies" gender neutral. I consider it gender neutral, but I'm okay with either term.:twilightsmile: And yeah we can be friends!:pinkiehappy:

1130478 I know but can i be funny JEEZ

...the actual youngest brony...

Wanna bet? I just so happen to be 12 :)

Name: Irongalley, Lord of all Crustaceans, Lord of Lobsters, King of Shrimps, Duke of the Hermit Crabs, High Chieftain of Coconut Crabs, Emperor of the Mantis Shrimp, King of Crabs, and Khan of the Horshoe Crab Tribes.
Nationality: Mexican, Bitches!
Why I joined: Because you can't stop me, Bitches!

Bitches!

Lophane
Group Contributor

Actually, I can stop you, and can you give me a reason why shouldn't? :trollestia:

Because I have 50 alternate accounts hidden and your one story has been targeted for massive disliking should you try anything funny. :twilightsmile:

EDIT: I'm joking, guys. Alt accounts are not cool.

Name: Heavensguard. GUARDIAN OF THE HEAVENS
Hails from: I HAVE FLOWN FROM THE SKIES OF YOUR NIGHTMARES. Tentacles say hi.
Joined because: Would really like to improve in writing capabilities.

Howdy. The name's Axan Zenith, and I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

As for joining this group I must admit that I'm beginning to feel a little desperate. As many on this site know, it is quite disheartening to put a small semblance of effort into a story only to have it accrue 2 likes and a comment only to vanish into the void of Fimfiction, and then later the same day witness a half-assed rape clopfic ascend into the feature box with little to no effort. That being said, I'd like to clarify that I don't particularly want people to like my stories*, merely that they give their opinion on them.

Here's hoping, right?

*Although that'd be really nice.

Name: BionicBrony (First time I ever used that alias, I normally use a different one)

Nationality: I come from the land that possesses the strategic maple syrup reserve! ... Canada

Why I joined: I've been working on a story since about March, but I haven't uploaded it until today since I finally graduated school and now have a ton of time on my hands (excluding this weekend, going camping with the family). So, having graduated just yesterday, I felt that it was time to upload the darn thing! Sadly, while it has got some attention, I'm getting 0 feedback on it. :ajsleepy: So, someone from another group recommended this one to me not 10 minutes ago and I just snatched the opportunity up! Frankly, I love my story, I love writing it, and I want others to love it too. :twilightsmile:

Or at the very least appreciate it. :pinkiesmile:

I am SporeDragon, Master of Magic.

My current counted age is 6,329.

My nationality, if you could call it that... Is the South Western Mountain Fold in the Plane of Burning Ice.

Why did I join? I have created a few stories and I don't believe they've gotten adequate views/votes/feedback, and I'm really eager to know what everyone thinks about them. So I figured joining this wonderful group would help :unsuresweetie:

Name: Dimentio
Nationality: USA
Why I joined: because I don't get much feedback otherwise.
Fun fact: If you PM me, I can be in character if you'd like. Or, I can act "normal":pinkiecrazy:

Name: Vikinga (call me Vicky)
Nationality:Interwebian
Why I joined: looked like a interesting group full of interesting people.
Stories I've released:
*Scribble Scribble*
Last Flag Standing
Who Am I, What Is a Pony?

Name: TracTix

Nationality: Canadian, of Chinese descent :twilightsmile:

Why I joined: Feedback. Definitely feedback. The last thing I want to do is keep releasing stories that have gotten nowhere in terms of improvement because no one has said anything about them.

Lophane
Group Contributor

Yes we do :pinkiecrazy:

Name: Daxn

Age 15

Nationality: Italian

Joined because: I am an attention whore, you can guess where it brings

wao

Name: bjshnog
Nationality: Australia
Why I joined: I submitted my first non-absolutely-stupid (there may or may not be one or two more which aren't) comedy story, and it managed to gain 18 upvotes and 0 downvotes, which really surprised me. I had seen Lophane post reviews on some of Regidar's stories and I remembered that, so I joined this group to see how my story would go under criticism. Maybe a bit of view and vote padding also.
:pinkiehappy: :derpytongue2:

Name: Icudeadnow (AKA in the real world [James Ekstrom])
Nationality: American (I have Irish, Native American, Swedish, German, etc...)
Why I Joined: No real reason other than I liked the idea for this group. Good stories have been swept under the rug too many times and I believe everyone deserves a sporting chance to get their story out there. Other than that...? Just felt like it at the time. But I can assure you... I don't regret that impulsive side of me. Because it got me here. :scootangel:

Whelp, this seems like a good idea, so here goes something!

Name: Ghost (Friendly Neighborhood Ghost, that is!)

Nationality: Equestrian, Ponyville Resident #374, Oak Street.

Why I Joined: I try to join as many groups that interest me as I can, some to try and get more noticed, others to appreciate the little guys and gals like me. I, like the others on this page, wish for feedback, because no matter how many views or likes your story gets, if there's no feedback, if there are no opinions or constructive criticism, how will we get better? How will we improve? How will we know our mistakes, our strengths, our weaknesses, if nobody decides to comment? This is why I love these types of groups, these groups that have dedicated people who will honestly tell their views on stories.

Some stories need more attention. I strive to get that attention, and as an aspiring author and general writer, these sites and stories are a great way for me to practice doing what I love. My stories need more attention. Your stories need more attention. All stories need more attention, if nothing else, because the writer needs to know the truth about what he or she is writing. All writing is rewriting.

Miscellaneous Info: I currently have 29 followers, a milestone for moi! I would post links to my fics, but that seems kinda boring to me. If you really wanna check out my stories, highlight my name and click on my stories!

I love poetry, and two of my stories are all about that! The serious romance story I have up is currently unfinished and is also my first fic, involving an OC character who wants to find his true love, but discovers something more in the process.

My comedic crossover that has The Doctor and Spock solving a Ponyville murder, Darth Vader trying to take revenge on whoever made him crash on Equestria, an ancient war about to erupt on the land, and some rebel groups going against Celestia with a leader who is skilled in necromancy, this story is all kinds of insane!

My most popular fic is a comedic one shot involving a reclusive Caramel going on a date with the slightly kinky Colgate. Hilarity ensues.

That's pretty much all you need to know about me. I'm currently writing about four other fics as well, but those aren't important. If you need help with anything, just PM me, even though I'm fairly busy at times. And now, I say goodbye with my signature sendoff:

Love always and forever,
-Ghost

Hey, I'm TheExhaustedBrony and I'm here because I was interested in the fact that people like reading/writing (mostly) crazy stories about pastel colored miniature horses. That's me and why I'm on this website in a nutshell.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 92