Humans are Superior 4,458 members · 1,248 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Humans are awesome. We've made a lot of stuff. Some of it useful, some of it not.
What is your favorite invention/creation?
Hardmode: No weapons.
MIne: Pencil. A true pal, whether you're doing homework, doodling, or just trying to play a sick drum solo, he is always there for you.

Cast iron skillet. 'Nuff said.

3108682 My favorite invention?

Do do do dodo.
do do do dodo.
That and guns.

White Phosphorous grenades.

What?

There not weapons. The smoke they put off is used to signal locations.

The Whole melt your skin off when the phosphorus touches you is completely unintentional. Really.

That's According to the U.S. Government anyway.

(Good job America. :ajbemused: Good f**king job.)

3108682 The steam engine.

It paved the way for the industrial revolution and is truly beautiful in it's simplicity and versatility.

Concentration camps.

Finally, a way to cure children with A.D.D.

3108846 I support this cause :scootangel:

The Apple 1

Without this, you wouldn't have the ability to have even post this thread today. Let alone have a personal computer.

I see what you did there

Actually if you wanna get technical

Konrad Zuse - Z1 Computer First freely programmable computer.

3108991 It's true that many PCs did come before the Apple 1, but the Apple 1 popularized the idea and potential use of the PC. It also helped pioneer their accessibility to the common folk.

Now look at them, the shittiest garbage on the market, and still selling like mead at an AA meeting full of weak-willed irishmen.

Combustion engine. It gave us shit like this:

3109072 Steam cars are cooler. :moustache:

Besides, nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers are still powered by steam turbines, so they are, technically, steamships. :moustache:

I'd have to say the good ol' airplane. One of humanity's greatest achievements was man flying for the first time.

Do you even space?

Well, we aren't the only ones to use WP. Plus, the Brits invented it, so blame them instead.

Nuclear subs and aircraft carriers are powered by nuclear reactors...

Comment posted by Sir Krzysztof deleted Mar 17th, 2014

Humanity has produced so many fascinating thing - from a simple wheel to the Internet - that picking a favorite one is almost impossible for me. And no, weapons are not in my list of fascinating things - exept for bow and arrows, those are truly a beutiful device.

3110368 The nuclear reactor generates steam for a steam turbine.

Do you even fission? :rainbowwild:

(Sure it's a power plant, but for the ships it's pretty much the same thing just that the turbine is connected to a driveshaft leading to the screws.)

3144306 It's still the turbine connected to the drive shaft and generators on nuclear subs and ships, so still steam driven.

You're missing the point. Steam may not be part of the reaction process, but the reactors still generate steam for a steam engine, that engine being a turbine.

By your logic steam power doesn't exist because their boilers are powered by coal or fuel oil, neither of which need steam as a part of the fuel source.

They're steam powered because the engine itself uses steam.

Get it now? :ajbemused:

3151271 Well it's not the heavy water being turned to steam, rather the superheated heavy water is pumped through a pipe into a pressure vessel with regular water, which is what turns to steam for the turbine.

(Basically nuclear reactors are uber powered boilers.)

3108682 Controlled fire. with out that we would never have progressed to this level.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31