IDW MLP Comics 280 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Bronystories
Group Admin

Can I just say how much I appreciate the MLP comics for adding some much-needed depth to the mythos of Equestria?

Thanks to this new story arc, we learn about the creation of Nightmare Rarity and, to an extent, Nightmare Moon.

When Luna was at her darkest point, she bonded with an incorporeal extraterrestrial from the moon, known as the "Nightmare Forces" and became Nightmare Moon.

After Nightmare Moon's defeat, the extraterrestrial detached from Luna. She thought the Nightmare Forces were gone, but they were merely biding their time until they could find another host to bond with. In this case, Rarity.

Incorporeal extraterrestrial that needs to bond with a living host?
Covers its host's body in inky black and endows them with enhanced powers?

My Little Pony has alien symbiotes.

This comic series is awesome.

Holy shit... I need to get the new issue. Last one I read was when Rarity was kidnapped. Taking cues from my favorite spiderman villain is a one way street to my heart.

Nice catch, OP. Nice catch.:raritywink:

I still like calling her "Nightmarity". I'm going to keep pushing 'til that's a thing, dammit!
(By the way, does she remind anyone else of Nyx now?)

932802 haha, this is great! Alien symbiote, it makes sense!
933830 What the fuck is a nyx?

That sounds amazing. God I can't wait to get the next issue. The MLP series really needs some awesome villains, and more info on the best princess.

This kind of gives a new way to think about why Luna refers to herself as 'we'.

Bronystories
Group Admin

This kind of gives a new way to think about why Luna refers to herself as 'we'.

I hadn't even considered that. Brilliant! :pinkiehappy:

Spoilers or not, this sounds really awesome.

Now if only I knew where to buy these.

Bronystories
Group Admin

You can download digital versions for cheap on iTunes. (I prefer waiting for the physical copies.)

938638 No need.

My friend pointed me in the direction of free downloadable copies and I've already begun issue 1.

Don't judge me. :fluttershyouch:

Bronystories
Group Admin

Let me know what you think of them. :twilightsmile:

938810 So far it's awesome. I enjoy it more than a big chunk of the episodes in season 3.

Bronystories
Group Admin

Heck, some bronies should try animating the comics!

939169 I would love that. Imagine that awesome opening changeling fight animated.

932802 great comparison between Nightmare Moon and Venom. I highly suggest that you take a look at a story on fimfiction called Spiders and Magic: Rise of Spider Mane. They make a very good reference in some of the chapters as to how similar Nightmare Moon and Venom are in terms of origin.

934640 My guess, she's the pony equivalent of whatever the hell Marvel Comic's April Parker/Mayhem is supposed to be.

932802 This only makes Nightmare Moon even better as a villain, because it doesn't just limit her to being nothing more than Luna turned Evil, anyone with the right negative emotions could become the new Nightmare Moon, it's the perfect way to be able to reuse such a great villain without forcing Luna into simply giving a Big F*** You to all her newfound friends & loving subjects/fans and just go all Evil again for no Damn Good Reason.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20