Straight Shipping 2,896 members · 6,634 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Vexy
Group Admin

Just in case any of you missed our previous banner.

Welcome, everyone, to the OCtober competition voting thread awesome thing! Yeah! :rainbowkiss:

If you remember our last competition's voting process (even though it was quite some time ago now!), then you'll remember how the voting shindig works. Any one in the group can vote on this competition, regardless of anything. To vote, you can upvote the comment for the fic below, and at the end of the week I'll be counting up the votes. Of course, this means that you can vote once per entry, so you can vote for all of the fics if you like, or you can just vote for one.

Why do I do it this way? Because it's a really easy system that ensures that requires a Fimfiction account from you in order to vote. :rainbowlaugh:

This voting thread will close exactly seven days from now, which is 22:00 GMT on Wednesday 20th November. Please try and cast your vote in before that time, as voting afterwards may or may not be counted.

We have five fics for you to read this time. Unfortunately one of the fics is password protected, and thus can't be featured in this thread until it's removed. Remember that the lucky winner will receive that super-duper awesome prize of having their OC professionally vectored and immortalized in our OC banner forever!

So without further, let's see the competition:

Vexy
Group Admin

This Is Love by All of the Above.

With just over 2000 words on the first chapter, This Is Love looks to be a pretty interesting fic involving Lightning Dust. It certainly got my attention! Unfortunately, it appears to be On Hiatus, so it's uncertain of when we'll see the next chapter.
:applecry:

Vexy
Group Admin

Oh, Most Wonderful of Nights by TheMessenger.

Oh, Most Wonderful of Nights is a really lovely fic, and at over 8000 words to read, there's plenty to read. It's also marked as Complete, so there's no excuse for you to not go and read this woefully underviewed fic!

Vexy
Group Admin

Adopt-A-Couple by River Road.

This is the long oneshot of the bunch. With 5000 words of awesome under its belt, this will surely be a good contender for the top place! Unfortunately it's lacking a coverart, so if anyone can throw together a quick for one for River, I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

Vexy
Group Admin

Things That Crawl All The Time by Ghostly Glow.

At first I wasn't sure what to make of this one, especially with an incomplete tag. I'm certainly interested to see where this one goes.

Vexy
Group Admin

Differing Opinions by The Notebook.

This is the last one of the bunch. Complete at almost 2000 words, it looks to be the sad fic of the set, however don't let that put you off! This oneshot certainly deserves more love than it's getting.

Vexy
Group Admin

Reserved.

And that's all. Be sure to check out each and vote for your favorites! Good luck, contestants! You have one week!

Darn, I really should have tried to get in on this. Would have loved to submit Two Emerald Hearts, but oh well. Guess I'll give this a solid lookover if I have the time, and figure out a vote.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8