Straight Shipping 2,898 members · 6,634 stories
Comments ( 141 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 141

You really think behaving like this is your favorite 4chan board is somehow....intimidating?

Oh please, I don't go near 4chan.

And besides, I am very good friends with Vexy. I was here when the hate against f// shipping got out of control, and he stepped in.

Well news flash, a lot of people enjoy ships of all types, and letting one brat dictate what is and isn't allowed based on his own backwards personal opinions is crap.

Comment posted by Pigeonsmall deleted Oct 7th, 2013

Why would I bother making a thread here, when it is going to get downvote bombed, spammed and leave me with personal attacks, just for saying that they're tight-ass bigots and need to allow freedom of creativity?

1894488 I appreciate the compliment on both accounts :moustache:

I am confronting the problem at the source. And pigs like you are the source of the problem. I will gladly piss all over the rats like Alex, because everyone who isn't so blind hates people like you and him.

Don't devalue / take the piss out of other people's shipping preferences.

This is exactly what has been going on here as of late. This is in the group rules, and they are being blatantly ignored by those who aren't even in the role of a moderator. I have been here for almost six months now, and I was here when this rule was put into effect. Clearly many have forgotten it.

Not once have I tried to demote another's shipping preferences. In fact, I have been actively fighting to ensure that everyone's shipping preference is given equal representation. Restricting what can and cannot go based on personal opinion goes directly against the rules set out by Vexy.

Oh grow a pair, a lot more people listen to what I say than your stupid ass. So what if my opinion disagrees with yours, it doesn't mean you're automatically right. It just means you're not willing to fight for a point you know is wrong.

I'm not willing to drag this thread into any more mud. If you want to fight then lets be gentlemen and use PMs.

I use PMs for actual business, and I want everyone in the group to see what this little group of pigs are doing. Piss off.

Could somebody be a darling and explain MacDash to me.

How do you mix hyperactive Dash with slow and steady "Yup" pony.

1903378>>1903455 My rules.

1903690 Thank you. Also, I'm not an admin.

1903717 Oi! Watch your language!

1903754>>1903779 1903812 Stop this! One more bad comment and I'm warning you.

1904782 Sure. :twilightsmile:

For a start, while he may be slow, Macintosh is a physically fit pony, and considering Rainbow Dash's athletic personality, this seems like something that she would like. (I honestly find Rainbow Dash very attracted to strong ponies.)

Second, I find her personality to be one needing of a honest pony. One of which whom can comfort her whenever she is hurting inside, and one who she can find solace in. She is shown to hate showing her weaknesses around other ponies, including her friends. Macintosh is a very honest pony. (Being a brother to the element of honesty does help.)

1905065 He also isn't big on talking, which I imagine Dashie will be fine with, since she doesn't like to actually acknowledge that she has problem until it's there.

He'd just be there for her.

And b:yay:tches love that :moustache:

Depends on how strictly you define "canon." If by "canon" you mean "yes, they're absolutely in a relationship" then FlashLight isn't one, because while it's strongly implied Twilight had a thing for Flash Sentry, I don't think there was any indication he returned (or even knew of) her feelings.

Under that definition, the only real canon ships I can think of are Shindence, the Cakes, Cranky Doodle Donkey/Matilda, Twilight's parents, Pinkie Pie's parents, a few random pairings of background characters we see in the "The Perfect Stallion" song, and Jet Set/Upper Crust.

If you loosen it up a bit to pairings that have at least been hinted at on the show (that is, some actual level of attraction is shown from one side), the only ones I can think of (not counting the ones I mentioned) are FlashLight, Sparity, and CheeriMac (even if it was under the influence of a love potion). I guess you can count Blueblood/Rarity, but that pretty obviously stopped being a thing in the same episode it was introduced in.

There's a few others you could toss into either group if you include ancillary material like the comics. There's actually a fairly good list here of pairings that have appeared, one-sided or mutual, in any of the official materials.

1906015 Actually the Blueblood/ Rarity thing was introduced in episode 3. It only showed interaction between the two in the later episode.

Allow me to introduce you to Interactive Rainbow Dash x Mouse Cursor, my favorite Rainbow ship. :heart:

It's even got a story written on it.

For straight shipping I think Soaridash works quite well. Especially because I believe Soarin is Co Captain of The Wonderbolts and thus Rainbow Dash would have no quarrels hooking up with him.

Thunderlane could work as well.

RainbowMac is okay for opposites attract.

Depending on the fic in question, I will either ship her with Soarin' or an OC that I'm putting through many fics to develop and introduce to audiences since the reason why most OC/Canon ships are rejected is because that there isn't enough development or schmexiness going for the OC.

Anyway, here is a SoarDash pic:

And here is a release of my inner troll:

There are times, however, when that ship almost hurts my heart, because I have a crush on the Rainbow Dash personality, and I can't be sure whether I'm a Soarin' or not, and therefore I can't be sure whether I should look at that ship and see me or if I should look at that ship and see somepony else.

2126627 Cool. And second link is broken.

Blast, that was the best version I could get. How about this?

Just found this thread! lol I'm VolareXDash all the way :rainbowkiss:

3207471 Wow, you sure like to dig deep for threads :pinkiegasp: Just so you won't be alone in your digging, I'll also join in:

My fav RD ship is SoarinxRainbowDash...I feel good chemistry there :twilightsmile:

1906015 Don't forget CheesePie. I thought that was pretty blatant.

I'm not a huge shipper, and I have a hard time seeing Dash with a stallion at all, but if she were, I think it would have to be Soarin'. Before Rainbow Falls, I would have said "SoarinDash is for people who are desperate for Dash not to be a lesbian, but I thought there was some genuine interest, if only one-way. And I tend to like things that are hinted at in the show.

Mine is also SoarinDash! :rainbowkiss: :trollestia:

Doctor Stable, I imagine Rainbow Dash visiting Stable often due to injuries and during these visits they get to know each other's personal lives through brief conversation. After multiple visits and lunch I can totally see these two together.

Rainbow Dash thought she was bold, independent and strong on her own just like the women in slow-motion in tampon commercials.
But while she was full of vim, vigor, and vitality, there was an emptiness....
in her heart.

Billy was a stallion of simple tastes, shotgunning beers, tossing the pigskin,
the kind of guy who'd hit it, quit it, and forget it.
But there was one mare who was different than the rest,
if only he could get her to learn her place...

COMING THIS JUNE

THE CAPTIVATING ROMANCE THAT WILL RESTORE YOUR FAITH IN THE NUCLEAR FAMILY

"Honey, I'm home!" Billy calls.
"Welcome home, darling. The pot roast is almost ready!"
"Hot dog! I love pot roast! You're the best, my sweet little lolita Dashie."

THE HEARTWARMING MOVIE OF THE SUMMER FROM DIRECTOR DARREN ARONOFSKY

TO TAME A WILD HEART

1904782 Just read my blog I just ... hnn I :heart: it

I Ship Either SoarinDash or Doctor whooves and Rainbow dash!

As much as I find the ship interesting, Rainbow Dash will never be a stay-at-home housewife, no matter how much in love with the stallion she is, now Fluttershy on the other hand...

So I got into a fight with someone hear a long time ago. I don't even remember what happened. Lol. Oh well. DumbbellDash still my OTP.

The way I see it. whoever Dash ends up with, the guy will probably end up being a stay at home dad. Being a star athlete on the Wonderbolts, she makes more than enough money to take care of the family.

I like Male Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Here’s “Fans and their Ships” and “Sleepin' on Rainbows”, by DilEmmas4U:

I don't think that counts.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 141